[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do u find people irl that like weird music( in a small town)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (869 KB, 1280x919) Image search: [Google]
image.png
869 KB, 1280x919
How do u find people irl that like weird music( in a small town)
>>
>>60844474
go to shows and try making a friend
>>
>>60844503
No one plays here
>>
>>60844548
try starting a band then.
>>
Leave the house and talk to people.

Go t shows.

Wear band merch.

But yeah, good luck. I've lived in a fairly small town for about 4 years now and am pretty outgoing and talk to a lot of people in bars and whatnot and have met almost no one into 'weird' music. Almost every conversation is some variation of Me: "Oh you like metal, cool! Who do you like?" Them:: SLIPKNOT!!!
>>
>>60844474
i hope you're not inferring that sonic youth are weird because they're not.
also don't. or just tell your friends about different music after you've made them and find mutual taste that way.
>>
Get the fuck out of there dipshit. Move to New York.
>>
wear the bands you like's t shirts and wait for someone to compliment you

are you in uni yet? things should be better there

generally you want to get out of small towns though
>>
>>60844548
ur fucked then. i have one friend who used to be into vanilla shit like jack white but over the years ive got him into a lot of music and now hes pretty open to most stuff
>>
>>60844589
you fucked up kid
>>
>>60844560
How do u start a band when no one wants to?
>>
I used to live in a small town. Knew a couple of kids in school that were into SY but other than they were pretty lame and acted like they didn't have time for anybody. Egotists.
>>
>>60844611
get a looper and play it all yourself, it can end up sounding pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRtI4o6sNyE
>>
>>60844642
I would like to have a face to face conversation with someone who gives a fuck what I care about( this hasn't happened yet)
>>
>>60844633
yeah, the high school I went to was in a small town and there were a couple other kids who listened to non mainstream music, but I actually prefered hanging out with other kids. Most of the kids who had music tatses anywhere close to mine were pretentious drama club douches.

Just make friends, OP and don't worry about the music. if you're not a dick or autistic about you might turn them on to stuff you like.

And really, nowadays you don't need friends into weird music to find out about it like you used to before the internet
>>
>>60844672
you're 15. You don't even grasp how little you've lived or seen yet

and you just do it yourself. Multitrack recorders are your friends. If you figure out how you like to make music and how to do all parts of a song, you become a much better talent to any band
>>
>>60844474
Where are you from faggot?
>>
>>60844754
Washington Missouri
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 350x263
>>60844589
Enjoy ur ban
>>
>>60844781
faggot. go to music festivals or local music bars or record stores or something, join facebook groups, join forums
>>
File: pedo bear.png (53 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
pedo bear.png
53 KB, 450x450
>>60844754
>asking that of a 15 yo and thinking he's a fag
>>
>>60844831
Classic meme senpai
>>
>>60844611
I guess just stick up flyers saying you want to start a band.

I'm not in a band yet but I thought there was no one else into noise rock/pop in my area until I went to guitar lessons and discovered there's another dude and luckily I wasn't as special a snowflake as I thought. Mind you this is a town with a pop of only 9000 too.

So I guess I'd also suggest getting musical lessons of some sort so you're associating with fellow musicians?
>>
File: kurtis.jpg (32 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
kurtis.jpg
32 KB, 600x395
>>60844589
>you were born in the year 2000

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>60844781
>Washington is a city on the Missouri River in Franklin County, Missouri, United States. The population was 13,982 from the 2010 census. It is the corncob pipe capital of the world

Phew, I'm sorry man. Like I said upthread, move away for uni. Get the hell out of Dodge. Do not waste your youth in nowhere, doing nothing.
>>
>tfw my town is either completely pretentious indierocker fuckwits or heavy ass punk.

Im trying to get in with the punk scene but I hate going to shows alone.
>>
>tfw nobody wants a 22 year old in their band.
>>
Do u guys have anything useful to say ( don't fucking say leave because I can't) ?
>>
>>60844976
wait three more years
>>
>>60844976
Lots of this shit has been useful
Probably just start going to clubs or take lessons.
Talk to people you don't know, what's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>60845004
Ya that's real fucking helpful
>>
>>60844928
>going to shows alone

just do it, even if you have to force yourself.

Getting a good buzz helps, as does bringing beer and sharing.

Even if you can't force yourself to talk to people keep going pretty soon you'l see the same faces over and over and end up talking to them eventually
>>
>>60845013
There are no clubs anywhere near where I live
>>
>>60845031
Like after school clubs or some shit
>>
>>60844976
fuck off, I've just written a few replies trying to help you. ungrateful little shit
>>
talk about bands other ppl like and be open to that shit, then tell the chill ppl about the music youre into
>>
>>60845045
There are none relating to music if that's what your getting at
>>
>>60845062
Well then take lessons and talk to people
>>
>>60844976
>>60845031
I don't know what you're expecting us to tell you then. You said there's no one and nothing in your little river town, yet you're here expecting us to teach you how to conjure a bunch of no wavers out of thin air. You know what you have to do. Until then, smoke some weed and watch Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uDLjxyZGI0
>>
>OP

So this is what Thurston's music do to american kids.
>>
>>60845123
the stiffs, noice. I don't see them get enough of a mention on here.
>>
on RYM, there is a function to find users who live close to you, it's been quite useful for me
>>
>>60845123
watching netflix is so fucking lame i swear to god
specially when baked, get a hold of yourself
>>
>>60845175
it's just like... video?
>>
>>60845158
You might have just gave me a decent reason to actually start using rym instead of just looking at it.
>>
>>60844561
>is 15
>doesn't expect slipknot from people of his age.

Go talk to someone 20+ years old. They're probably into some weird music.
>>
Stop complaining and take the advice that was given, and quit being an annoying cunt, then maybe you'll get someone to like you
>>
>>60845247
A) I'm not OP and B) it should be obvious from my post that I'm well over 15
All I was saying is expect a lot of conversations with people you hope are into something 'weird' to turn into them just being into the most mainstream shit. Doesn't mean they still won't be fun to hang with though
>>
>>60845247
most people in backwaters never really mature and get their shit together, they listen to the same buttrock and wear the same Walmart sweatclothes and jeans all of their lives
>>
You don't. Move to a city.
>>
i know that feel op. and i don't have any answers. i also have trouble thinking what sounds weird to people as i'm so used to different kinds of music. i always just assume everything not played in the radio sounds weird to people such as my parents.

at uni i met a sonic youth fan who also liked pretty much what i like. but i couldn't really get into their circle of friends. not that i tried much anyway.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.