[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of shpongle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: photoshpongl.jpg (288 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photoshpongl.jpg
288 KB, 900x900
What does /mu/ think of shpongle?
>>
File: are you shpongled m8.png (38 KB, 465x499) Image search: [Google]
are you shpongled m8.png
38 KB, 465x499
>>
>>60835750
self bump
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
best one
>>
>>60835904
>weed
haha more like dmt, lightweight
>>
>>60835904
This DESU
>>
>>60836081
Fuck, couldn't get past the filter
>>
File: 1392695129420.gif (117 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1392695129420.gif
117 KB, 400x400
>>60835904
>>
>>60835750
they're great
>>
File: you shpongled m8.png (67 KB, 520x873) Image search: [Google]
you shpongled m8.png
67 KB, 520x873
great stuff, also really good for hiking through the forest to, gets better the farther out innawoods you get

>>60835762
>not encompassing all the eyes
apply yourself
>>
>>60836647
:::)
>>
>>60835750
One of the most innovative groups in all of analog-electronic music in my opinion. As a live group, their performances are impeccable, and as a recording artist, their mixes are unimaginably grandiose. What's not to love?
I suppose some of it could get stale to the inexperienced listener, but they nuance like it's their job. Oh, wait..
>>
sphongle is nice but I get triggered when people call them psytrance
>>
>>60835750
I'm about to find out.
>>
i wish there were more groups that put the effort into multi-instrumental arrangements as they did. they create such a trippy soundscape that no other group can.
>>
>>60837206
What would you classify them as? I've been referring to them as psytrance, but only because that is what it seems like to me. Them, bluetech, and infected mushroom, to give some other examples of what I've been grouping.
>Classification pleb here
I listen to and play a wide variety of styles of music, but I've never really dove deep into the genre split. A lot of it just seems like nitpicking and almost makes it less enjoyable to listen to music as a whole.
>>
>>60836647
I'm taking this meme if you don't mind, thanks dude
>>
>>60837268
I recommend listening to Once Upon A Sea of Blissful Awareness. First song I ever dosed DMT to.
If you don't find them appealing, but have Almost fallen under their spell, I recommend checking out Younger Brother.
>>
>>60837268
3 minutes into Museum of Consciousness and I can already tell I Sphongle.
>>
>>60837315
I'll check those next. I like MOC so far though.
>>
>>60837285
I don't know what to call them but so little of their sound reminds me of psytrance I don't get why people call them so

when I think of psytrance I think of 4/4 kick and 16th rolling bass notes
>>
>>60835750
Incredible mixes and sound design, seperation between intruments feels massive when stoned.
Gay album art tho desu senpai
8/10
>>
>>60837387
If you like Museums, then skip right over Tales of the Inexpressable for now and groove your way over to Nothing Lasts. Then snake your way through their discography. Nothing is bad. I literally haven't heard a track I don't like.
>>60837394
See, I haven't listened to what most people would describe as psytrance which would accredit my view of shpongle as "true" psytrance. Psychedelic music with a rolling groove peppered with heavy sampling distortion. I suppose I endorsed the label because I was introduced to the phrase and band accompaniment by a very well versed DJ friend.
>>
>>60836011
D M T
M
T

D M T
M
T

DOO DE DO
M
T
>>
>>60837504
i just consider it psychedelic music honestly as a blanket term psytrance included

genre over analyzing isn't fun
>>
So this is what LIBYTHTH would sound like if they were sober for at least part of the production process.
>>
>>60837561
That's precisely what I meant by >>60837285
It doesn't make any sense to box music in like that.
>>
>>60837606
its the same for me when I try to make music

if I box myself into making a certain style it comes out forced and I find it hard to be creative

but if I don't worry about style I have a better time and more flow for creativity
>>
>>60837394
its called psychill family
>>
>>60837923
aka psybient, or ambient trance, or ambient psy
>>
>>60837923
it's goa trance you plebeian
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.