[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The biggest pleb flag, that lets you know youre talking to someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1446335606543.jpg (77 KB, 470x700) Image search: [Google]
1446335606543.jpg
77 KB, 470x700
The biggest pleb flag, that lets you know youre talking to someone with no idea about music, is when the subject of the 90s comes up. As we know it was the most inventive and revolutionary time since the late 60s, those two periods stand alone in the history of popular music in terms of new ideas and the rise and development of new genres and sounds, so if someone starts talking about the stale, boring guitar music of the 90s with its narrow outlooks and formulaic approaches and not the vast array of fresh and new bleeps, techno, jungle, hardcore, house, ambient etc which grew and flowered in that decade you know youre wasting your time on a clueless idiot.
While this is obviously the clearest and most reliable way of rooting out the fools, what are some other things that can lead you to the same conclusion?
>>
another red flag is if they don't like the 80's
>>
if someone one here when asked about the 80s only lists le noise rock and post punk essentials they are clueless
>>
>>60823928
>>60823948
Yes, after all the long incubation which led to the 90s bleep revolution happened in the 80s with reggae & dub sound systems, the early days of house and techno and the development of more powerful synths, samplers and sequencers.
>>
>>60823904
The biggest red flag is if they spend more attention on the rather insignificant last 100 years of music rather than the many and vastly more productive centuries preceding them.
>>
>>60823948
best post-punk was released in the late 70s anyways
>>
>>60823948
one one
>>
>>60823904
The 70s was a more innovative period for music than the 90s
>>
>>60823904
ITT overthinking snobs
>>
>>60824592
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>60823904
>>60824024
but i don't care about bleeps and bloops
>>
>>60824539
no
>>
>>60823904
anybody who listens to "music" without lyrics is the biggest pleb of them all.
>>
When people use the word 'weird' to describe something you put on.
>>
>>60824830
well, that an even better indicator of pelbarianisticism
theres no shame in it. plenty of people are just more interested in video games or movies or hundreds of other things than music.
>>
>>60825598
>caring about electronic music outside of the art music tradition

top plebe
>>
>>60824875
Fucking yes, obviously
>>
>>60823904
i thought this chick was hot until i saw a video of her speaking, sounded like a malnourished 5 year old. never been turned off so fast
>>
>>60825646
"art music tradition" lol, wow I had no idea there were intellectual dwarves on 4chan...
>>
>>60825678
link vid pls
I need to see it because of reasons
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.