[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAWs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: DAW.jpg (654 KB, 1887x1035) Image search: [Google]
DAW.jpg
654 KB, 1887x1035
/mu/, which DAW do you use? What do you like about it, and what would you change?
>>
Reason 5, would love to upgrade to Reason 8 but no $$$
>>
Reaper because it is the absolute best thing you could get legally for free.

I'm getting a Focusrite 2i2 sin though (if you can't already tell, I only got into audio engineering pretty recently) and apparently that comes with a lite version of Ableton, so I'm probably gonna try that out.
>>
I use ableton live 9, torrented obviously, and It's great, understandable, but I wish it was just a little more condensed/simplified/user friendly. I've been producing for about 4 years now and I still learn new shit and figure out different techniques practically every time I sit down and work.
>>
>>60818887
Why don't you torrent it ?
>>
>>60817880
fl studio because I thought it was the best, now schools want me to learn fucking logic which triggers me so hard as a former comp sci major. Or ableton but I've never really liked the layout.

Either way I'm forced to change DAWs in the near future and I loathe the thought considering I haven't masted FL yet...
>>
how different is logic from ableton?
>>
>>60819055
gabriel?
>>
>>60819300
I think the main thing you should be concerned with is mac os vs other os. If you already use mac os then it's not that big a leap. If I have to use logic I'll simply run a virtual OS for mac, fuck apple in the ass with a rake 2bh.
>>
How the fuck do people actually use ableton? It was fine until I realized that it's fucking impossible to install vsts. Even after bridging every one i was it still doesn't recognize shit.
Joke of a daw
>>
>>60819609
I've never had problems with VSTs, just point to the folder.
>>
i use fl studio and i make mostly very noisey metally stuff
>>
>>60819304
who?
>>
>>60819609
>>60819682
same here, It might have something to do with running on a mac though :P
>>
>>60819765
I'm >>60819682, I use windows 7 64bit. Idk what that guy is on about. I use 32 bit ableton though.
>>
Use Pro Tools, don't recommend it to anyone, it's a buggy, cumbersome pain in the ass. I know it too well to change now though.
>>
>>60819832
Isn't pro tools industry standard though?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.