[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hear me out for a second. Springsteen's and Green Day's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: beatles abbey road.jpg (59 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
beatles abbey road.jpg
59 KB, 318x318
Hear me out for a second. Springsteen's and Green Day's albums line up exactly!

>Asbury Park / 39/Smooth
Young, scrappy debut. Not great but shows some potential.

>Wild, Innocent / Kerplunk
Huge step forward. Only a sliver behind the huge release ahead.

>Born to Run / Dookie
The indisputable best album. Breakout success.

>Darkness / Insomniac
Retains the much of the sound of the previous album, with a touch of darkness. Still great.

>The River / Nimrod
Good, but shows a couple shaky signs. Both are long albums that could have shed a few tracks.

>Nebraska / Warning
Both artists went acoustic on their sixth album! Less successful commercially compared to previous albums, but still loved by fans.

>Born in the USA / American Idiot
Huge, angry American comeback success. Chart-topping songs worldwide and huge concert tours.

>Tunnel of Love / 21st Century Breakdown
Tries to emulate the success of the previous album, but is a fair bit weaker overall.

>Lucky Town & Human Touch / Uno/Dos/Tre
Jumps the shark and releases multiple albums quickly. The low quality of the material doesn't justify it.
>>
bump for interest
>>
Never liked Green Day but as a huge Springsteen fan, your analyses of his albums are pretty good.
>>
>>60810044
Well Damn.
>>
Damn
>>
Except one of them is good and the other isn't, of course.
>>
Springsteen has more than 9 albums though
And you could literally make a case that any band's discography follows a similar trajectory
>>
Sherry Darling is Bruce's best song

prove me wrong
>protip: you can't
>>
>>60810362
Hungry Heart
>>
>>60810362
That ain't Atlantic City lad.
>>
File: horbspringsteen.png (11 KB, 805x119) Image search: [Google]
horbspringsteen.png
11 KB, 805x119
daily reminder
>>
>>60810336

But the breakout, the acoustic, the comeback, and jumping the shark line up so neatly in this comparison
>>
>>60810513

killyou'reself.jpg
>>
>>60810566
if you look at them specifically through that scope. There are hundreds of bands where their third album was their "breakout hit"
you could say that Radiohead's albums line up with Scott Walker's first four albums. First one was big but doesn't have much critical success. Second one is more loved but follows closely in the first ones footsteps. Third album is where they start experimenting more. Fourth album is their most experimental but also very commercially and critically adored.
You can literally line up any artist if you only look at specifics between albums.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.