[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Radiohead - The King of Limbs P4k 7.9, Scaruffi 5/10 "The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: piero scruffy.gif (2 MB, 152x148) Image search: [Google]
piero scruffy.gif
2 MB, 152x148
>Radiohead - The King of Limbs
P4k 7.9, Scaruffi 5/10
"The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Radiohead's career has been one long bluff and it gets harder and harder for them to disguise it"
>Animal Collective - Centipede Hz
P4k 7.4, Scaruffi 4.5/10
"Centipede Hz feels like someone throwing a burrito on your windshield"
"But one can't help wonder whether this wasn't simply meant as a joke on us"
>My Bloody Valentine - m b v
Scaruffi 5/10
"This is the confused work of musicians with no inspiration who desperately try different styles hoping that at least one will work. Maybe there were not so great after all"
>Kanye West - Yeezus
Scaruffi 4/10
"As an aural experience, this album feels terribly old, like most granpas when they try to speak the language of their high-school nephews. Maybe this album was only meant as a self-mocking joke?"
>Swans - To Be Kind
Scaruffi 6,5/10
"Nonetheless, the Swans remain unrecognizable (note for the younger generations: no, your parents were not listening to this "stuff", they were listening to Filth and Cop, much darker "stuff")"
>Death Grips - The Powers That B
Scaruffi 5/10 6,5/10
"The former, a rather uninspired and short effort, restores the rap to the forefront. The music is a lot less inventive, and certainly not breathtaking."

is /mu/core kill?
>>
>12 year old's ass
Scaruffi 10/10
>>
centipede, mbv, king of limbs have never been /mu/core
>>
>>60793000
:0
>>
>Ultraviolence (2014), 7/10
all you need to know about this guy to not take his opinion seriously.
>>
>>60792972
CHz is not /mu/core, Scruffy loves Loveless, Scruffy gave MBDTF a relatively high school, 7.5 I believe, which is like a 9.0 from p4k, 6.5 is high for Scaruffi, and he likes early Death Grips
>>
>>60793032
good album desu
>>
>>60792972
were you quoting half of these from memory?
>>
don't agree with the last three, and my rating is between pitchfork's and scaruffi's for the first three
>>
>>60793032
her best
>>
File: 1427418880037.jpg (2 KB, 125x97) Image search: [Google]
1427418880037.jpg
2 KB, 125x97
that feely when no new reviews for months
>>
I think what people need to understand is that Scaruffi's scale is different from some of ours. Scaruffi's hypothetical 10/10 is classified as "The greatest album of all time" on his website. 9 is a masterpiece, 8 is buy it now, 7 is buy it eventually, and 6 is buy it if you're a fan. This means that while sevens mean mediocre for a lot of us, a seven means it's a pretty good album from scaruffi.

TL;DR Scaruffi's rating system is different from ours or p4ks.
>>
>>60793201
It's just weird how /mu/ just latched onto this nobody because of some beatles shit. literally no other place cares about him. at least anthony fantono is popular
>>
The most recent releases of /mu/core artists have been pretty mediocre overall. /mu/core lives, it doesn't live on though.
>>
>>60793201
>This means that while sevens mean mediocre for a lot of us
no it doesn't
everyone but pitchfork knows that 7 is a very good score
>>
File: christgau_212.jpg (71 KB, 212x244) Image search: [Google]
christgau_212.jpg
71 KB, 212x244
>>60792972
>Death Grips - No Love Deep Web
Their weak spot is sex, a theme that imbued with their rage occasions misogynist spew crueler and stupider than their parricidal spew. Were they really to grow up they'd sidestep it altogether. Or else get funnier as if they meant it. A-

>King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
The plus is because Peter Townshend likes it. This can also be said of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Beware the forthcoming hype--this is ersatz shit. D+

>Magma
An art-rock band with its own mythology--big deal. But these guys have also made up their own language. One night when I was painting my auxiliary record shelves I put on Attahk and started laughing out loud. I'm told Attahk is one of the fast ones, though. (WHY IS EVERYTHING ART ROCK TO HIM?)

>Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind
Dud

>Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday
Not only are those not her breasts, at least not the ones her biologicals gave her, but her hair isn't really pink or, wink wink, straight. Not only is the quick-lipped hoyden of the year all "Young Money, Cash Money, yeah I'm Universal" with every upper-case except the "I" discretionary, but she's consorting with Natasha Bedingfield and reminding will.i.am how he did it. Half rapping and half singing, half bragging and half kowtowing, brazening a "punt" rhyme here and proclaiming commonality with "girls that never thought they could win" there, she's proud to be shameless, with the hooks to back it up. She knows well the presumably stolen words of her male collaborator-counterpart Drake: "Everybody dies but not everybody lives." And damn right she calls this living. A

>Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad
Ahh, El Lay. With hysterically catchy vocals and spoiled overarrangements shoring up Ayn Rand-style lyrics that glorify the "Nasty Habits" they pretend to satirize, these guys combine the worst of Sparks with the worst of the Circle Jerks. Inspirational Verse: "You don't believe what you write." Would it were true. C
>>
>>60794839
this
>>
His system is bad and his reviews are worse. Only his taste in older rock is good and he has literally no worth past that.
>>
>>60793201
>while sevens mean mediocre for a lot of us
p4k please
>>
>>60795100
oops, I guess this isn't a "shit on pretentious critic" thread per se
>>
File: 1443742134034.gif (1 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443742134034.gif
1 MB, 600x600
>>60793201
>ours
>us
>>
File: 1416707020101.jpg (23 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
1416707020101.jpg
23 KB, 295x300
>>60792972
>like most granpas when they try to speak the language of their high-school nephews
Why their nephews? Why not their sons? Why is their being a grandfather relevant? Do their nephew have children?
>>
>>60795100
>Burial - Untrue
Burbling electronic ticktocks vie with a carillon of bell simulacra

>Sleigh Bells - Treats
a childlike sweetness belied by what lyrics you can make out, which suggest in toto that what little human contact this band makes room for will have to wait until such time as sonic immersion fails to satisfy their spiritual yearnings.

>Nico - The End
Nico is what happens when the bloodless wager their minds on the wisdom of the blood and the suicidal make something of their lives.

Christgau is the worst.
>>
>>60793000
nice trips
>>
>>60792972
>implying niggas on the moon isnt innovative
>>
File: wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg (19 KB, 199x267) Image search: [Google]
wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg
19 KB, 199x267
>>60793175
the feelio when he'll give jojo's Divers a 7/10
>>
>>60795100
>christgau
>this album is weak as shit, A-
>>
>music critics are pretentious shitheads

STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>60796883
>look how much I don't care lol im so above it all
>>
>>60792972
Who cares what critics think?
Who cares what anyone thinks?
Opinions are stupid
>>
>>60796670
It's only recently (90s, recent is relative) that Christgau started giving basically anything he reviewed at least a B.
Also, at least in his prime, the only albums he would listen to again (according to him) were the ones he scored at least an A-.
>>
>>60797074
>the 90s were 50 years ago
damn...
>>
>>60793085
>>60793114
kill yourselves
>>
>>60793064
> a relatively high school

why don't you graduate yours :^)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.