[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I find out the Beatles invented punk in 1962 https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: yer baby.jpg (111 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
yer baby.jpg
111 KB, 600x452
>mfw I find out the Beatles invented punk in 1962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSGbh2J0bB4
>>
>>60792889
>He doesn't know about The Phantom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgsIdMa8qA
>>
>>60792889
Nah, punk just took after early rock & roll.
>>
>>60792889
>beatles
fuckin normie.
>>
I came here to ridicule you but the last 20 seconds or so of that is actually pretty fucking crazy for that time.
>>
>>60792978
To be fair, what they're playing there is not typical early rock and roll. Even then that recording was after Epstein cleaned them up a bit, who knows what they would have sounded like in 60-61 while fueled up on preludin and German beer.
>>
>>60792980
If you can't appreciate The Beatles in some capacity then you're either an Italian pedophile or a pleb.
>>
>>60792980
>>60792987
>>60793046
>>60793095
You guys are fucking children who don't recognize that as a cover of Long Tall Sally by Little Richard.

Why is /mu/ the youngest board on 4chan?
>>
>>60793150
Yeah no shit dumbass. It's still The Beatles performing it in a fashion that's considerably rougher than the norm from that time.
>>
>>60793150
i meam to be fair most /b/tards probably don't know who little richard is, but having to compare anything to /b/ means it's pretty shit, doesn't it?
>>
>>60793189
Not really. Little Richard didn't play that song in a much more tame manner. That's pretty much how he did it.
>>
>>60792889
You hit the nail on the head, OP. The Hamburg Tapes prove that The Beatles were punk as fuck. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say the INVENTED it, but I defy anybody to tell me that dressing up in leather jackets, banging out three chords while being fueled by a mixture of speed and beer, getting into fights with the audience, sometimes physical, playing in a strip club and fucking the strippers, and coming out on stage with toilet seats around your neck ISN'T punk. I dare ya!
>>
>>60793223
That's bullshit and you know it. Maybe vocally, but even then Paul is arguably more relentless with his screams.

Little Richard didn't perform it with heavy aggressively played guitars in his version with frantic solos and pounding drums that culminate in a huge freakout at the end. Just listen to the section starting at 1:24. No way in hell Little Richard was performing quite like that.
>>
>Beatles invented punk
>post a cover of Long Tall Sally
lol I think you meant to say black people invented punk.
>>
>>60793411
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxNSvFMkag

I'm finding a video to prove you wrong but I'm high so I wanted to show you this. Look how much these white people love little richard. Holy shit. The 50's weren't as racist as I thought in the not shit parts of this country.
>>
Whether they knew it or not, the Beatles invented something new with nearly every recording they released
>>
>>60792889
You are right, OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll-mYwoT_G8
>>
>>60793548
I think that's the first time I've ever heard Ringo sing with conviction.
>>
>>60793503
White people liking a black performer means that they aren't racist?
Remember that Harlem's Cotton Club had mostly black performers and banned black audiences.
>>
punk was invented in the mid-late seventies. Anything earlier is just music where punk draws its influence from
>>
It's a pretty widely accepted idea that the Beatles did a lot for punk. John had a super aggressive rhythm guitar style that I've seen quoted as being influential to a lot of those artists.
>>
>>60793548
That whole album is ridiculous.

I just can't conceive actually being in that audience and hearing anything other than sopping-wet teens scream.
>>
>>60792889
how would you interpret this as punk in any way?

recording quality?
>>
Its a great,rowdy, live rendition of the song. Maybe proto punk. But not punk. Punk bands were inspired by the early beatles stuff. The simplicity of it.
>>
>>60792889
M A D M A N
>>
>>60793503
People *were* more racist back in the days, but music definitely a bridge that really helped reduce racism in the USA, I think.

Jazz, however, was probably the first genre to truly bring white people's respect upon black men's music. It was surprisingly quickly accepted among mainstream audiences, actually.
>>
Oh come on, this is straight rock and roll. It's a cover of a little Richard song. It's not even protopunk, stuff like iggy pop is
>>
>>60796405
>It's a cover of a little Richard song
this argument is retarded
>>
>>60793189
>that's considerably rougher than the norm from that time.

That recordings isn't any different from 50s rock and R&B
>>
>>60795347
Nigger worshipper
>>
>>60796647
Nigger sayer
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.