[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How heavily do you take Scaruffi's opinion of an album into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How heavily do you take Scaruffi's opinion of an album into consideration? I find it hard to call an album one of my favourites if he gave it less than an 8/10. How about you guys?
>>
scruffy is hack
>>
>>60790789
You let memers think for you, must be sad m8
>>
I don't read scaruffi's blog
>>
I think they can be a good guide for finding albums that are off the beaten path a bit.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 252x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 252x335
I have never read any professional music critic. Just fucking search the internet following threads from bands you already like and discover music on your own. It's much more rewarding than listening with prepackaged expectations some know nothing's tell you

So glad I found Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom after years of listening to Soft Machine. I truly feel sorry for /mu/tants who listen cause Scaruffi and don't understand it
>>
>>60790789
What instrument does he play again?
>>
I validate every single opinion I have with Scaruffi's reviews

I was driving back home from work one night and I was browsing through the radio (my phone was out of charge, couldn't play my music)

Then a song came on called "frankie teardrop" by Suicide, It was one of the worst fucking songs I ever heard, it was just a non changing beating sound in the backgrounds with a retard yelling out shit talking about a factory worker who kills his family

I immediately got on my computer to validate my opinion when I got home. I looked up the band and album it was on "Suicide - Suicide", looked it up on his website and saw that he gave it a 9/10.

I was so distraught at the thought of being a pleb that I cut myself for like a week and didn't leave my house. Even to this day I like to repress my thought of that experience.
>>
>>60790929
kek
>>
I only read/watch album reviews to see other people's points of view, i like to see what people like fantano have to say about albums because i can see stuff that maybe i hadn't seen before, i take what he says a another opinion, not "THE TRUTH", and i think most people do the same. Or at least i want to believe.
>>
>>60790929
Nice meme, but anyone with the slightest idea of what was happening in electronic music and post-punk, would recognize how out there Suicide were for their time. Regardless of whether they read Scaruffi or not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.