[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my dad's an A&R guy for a major record label and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So my dad's an A&R guy for a major record label and he won't sign my vaporwave project or even recommend me to the label head. He says he doesn't know what vaporwave is and it doesn't have any commercial potential or would fit what the label's looking for. How do I convince him vaporwave's the future of pop? Should I show him Macross and Saint Pepsi?
>>
Saint pepsi has to be one of the dumbest names iev ever heard
>>
bump

My dad works for Island and he wont sign me because he doesnt know what vaporwave is.
>>
>>60791637
Post your stuff. Also, why get signed to Island? Major labels aren't doing too hot, I'm actually surprised A&R is still a job.
>>
>you're so shit even your own father won't put it out on his record label
>>
The label will Jew you out. Just go indie.
>>
>>60790714
I get the feeling Christian Bale would despise Trump, but he is a method actor, and Trump and Patrick Bateman would've been besties
>>
Vapor wave is already dead in the underground so i dont care if mainstream tries to steal it, anyways you have to combine vaporwave with something he is familiar with.
Like rock music, rock has been kind of dead, but say you bring it back buy combining it with vapor wave making vapor rock, im sure your old man knows what rock is, also tell him its an exciting new type of rock young people and the internet love and he could make a lot of money off of it
>>
>>60792470
Its actually rumored bale is a closet conservative and just doesnt talk about it because the jews will black list you in hollywood for not being a liberal kek
>>
lol are you stupid? theres no market for vaporwave. its an underground subculture made from illegally sampling. its purely aesthetic for a bunch of underage tumblr kids. no big label will give a shit. just drop it online and if you're smart you can get hype
>>
>>60790714
MTV is already using the vaporwave aesthetic for their commercials. I can't be bothered to look it up but you can figure it out.
>>
>>60792654
Changed my mind, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAaInjzznVQ
>>
>>60792654
>>60792684

lol, "plz watch are shitty tv young people, see we are hip and cool and are using some 4 year old internet meme aesthetic"
we wont play music still"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.