[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i listen to a lot of music and ive always wondered: why is music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1439264616281.jpg (607 KB, 2000x1091) Image search: [Google]
1439264616281.jpg
607 KB, 2000x1091
i listen to a lot of music and ive always wondered: why is music? has science ever done testing on why exactly music even is?
>>
>>60787333
>why is music?
what
>>
>>60787333
Evolution did not design us to believe only true facts, nor to buy only useful products, nor to say only meaningful sentences”
>>
It's possible that awhile ago some form of life made a tingy tingy or a boom bang or a zzzzzzzzwong and that made them content, so they did it over and over until BAM music. Then they did it until no one could stand it anymore and BAM dub step
>>
>>60787429
tingy tingy was just a hummr for massive plebs though
>>
>>60787429
upthroated
>>
>>60787333
Its to do with the vibrations of the universe, the golden ratio, mathematics and the meaning of life
>>
>>60787429
who even makes dubstep jokes anymore you dated fuck
>>
How did you get my wallpaper...
>>
>>60787511

i hacked ur mainframe through cs 1.6's console
>>
>>60787501
Say that to my face not on the internet see what happens
>>
>>60787576
look man I'm not looking for any trouble, I just want to shitpost, not dig up Triassic Period 'fite me irl' memes.
>>
>>60787333
The whole universe is assembled through laws which music abides by and stimulates our senses through. Everything is vibrating atoms and forces of tension and release. Harmony in music is a demonstration of equilibrium and this tantalizes us.

Check out the book Quadrivium
>>
Do you guys think other extraterrestrial life has figured out this whole music thing or do you think its something that is special to humans?
>>
File: 1445812782831.jpg (232 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445812782831.jpg
232 KB, 500x500
Is everyone in this thread fucking high?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 630x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 630x517
>>60788267
Music pervades the universe.

"There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres"

-Pythagoras
>>
>>60787333
What are you asking
>>
>>60787729
Reap what you sow mr jones memes are a diamond dozen these days
>>
>>60787333
Recognition of patterns is a positively adaptive trait. Brains that are good at it are more likely to survive to create more brains. Brains that enjoy it are more likely to develop a high degree of aptitude for it.
Asking why is just an emotional way of asking how. How is almost always a more interesting question.
>>
>>60790102
it's always fun to read something from someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about
>>
>>60788267
Even dinosaurs made music. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLlibrF5DRM
>>
>>60790140
tell me more
>>
dude weed lmao: the thread
>>
>>60790102
Ya brains rely on pattern recognition but that's not the catalyst behind music's effect on us. The frequencies of vibrations have dynamics that either amplify or decrease the energy (harmony/dissonance). The human mind molded by evolving on earth is triggered to respond differently to wavelengths of tone on a primal level. Then organizing these in a certain way plays with the symbolic context we perceive. The vibration of sound itself reflects a hierarchal language of all things contained within this universe
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.