[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since the musicians make random noises due to the fact they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Thumb.jpg (38 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
Thumb.jpg
38 KB, 400x350
Since the musicians make random noises due to the fact they don't try to communicate each other, how do you listen to free jazz/improv? What's the appeal about it?
>>
>>60782437
The way it sounds. Why do you think it's weird for people to be into music that was not predetermined/practiced before recording?
>>
>>60782713
>to be into music

This is not music that has musical qualities (melody, texture, etc). as i said, these are random noises.
I asked what's the appeal about listening to a genre that fundamentally doesn't try to make music.
>>
>>60783022
how does it not have texture? how is it not music? people have abandoned making lists to qualify something as music a long time ago

I like it since I like the way it sounds. it is pleasing to me
>>
>>60783022
>This is not music that has musical qualities (melody, texture, etc).

you have no idea what either of those two words mean, do you
>>
File: 41KDPCTT18L.jpg (21 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
41KDPCTT18L.jpg
21 KB, 297x300
Here an album for you op
>>
>>60783106
Actually, my favorite jazz album is Coltrane - A Love Supreme.
Sorry for ruining your black and white world. :-(
>>
>>60783138
it's not ruining it at all, that album is often called a favorite among people who have no understanding of jazz
>>
File: R-263004-1103838616.jpg (46 KB, 530x520) Image search: [Google]
R-263004-1103838616.jpg
46 KB, 530x520
>>
>don't try to communicate with each other
Wrong.
>>
>newfriend listens to supersilent
lmao
>>
>>60782437
Supersilent are probably the most coherent and conventional of EAI
It's based around an element of abstraction and lack of formal structure, but that doesn't mean the musicians don't interact.
>>
>This is not music that has musical qualities
>these are random noises

How to spot the Kenny G-fan
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.