[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally gave this bitch a listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: saint-vincent-1flow.jpg (164 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
saint-vincent-1flow.jpg
164 KB, 750x500
And what the fuck she is terrible. How she ever gets a single mention on here is disgraceful.

Someone please explain what it is I'm obviously missing
>>
What album did the listen to and why didn't you like it?
>>
>>60776145
>the waifutards sprung to action
>>
>>60776146

I browsed through her best known tunes and I couldn't get past the "Quirky" obscure beats she has, so artisy and offbeat! omg!
>>
>>60776146
Love This Giant. She is the shittiest artist I've heard in the while.
>>
>>60776153
Cool story
>>
>>60776161

Every song I heard did nothing but leave me with the impression that she adds some unusual and dated sounding tune onto a substanceless and plain song for the sake for being "artistic" the exact kind of cancer which hipsters would worship.
>>
File: cover.jpg (137 KB, 1493x1541) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
137 KB, 1493x1541
>>60776119
>>60776158

Love This Giant is her strangest and weakest album, dumbass. Listen to all of her 4 main albums (or at least to Actor) and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>60776198
meme hair
>>
>>60776206
who is this memein' demon
>>
>>60776197
You didn't listen enough.
>>
Annie Clark:
>actual talent
>has a pleasant & expressive voice
>multi-instrumentalist: guitar, bass, piano, keyboards, synthesizer
>interesting lyricist
>great look and personality
>collaborated with David Byrne, The Chemical Brothers, Swans, The National, and others
>sang live with Nirvana (the remaining members), Wire, The Polyphonic Spree, Sufjan Stevens and Taylor Swift
>highly acclaimed music (see Metacritic for details)
>won a Grammy (Best Alternative Album) for her self-titled album
>insane live performances
>a great balance between quirky and accessible
>she knows how to do a football rainbow kick: https://vimeo.com/85067428
>>
>>60776119
Before saying even more retarded things, chill the fuck out and check these tunes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZW9NYX6JZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itt0rALeHE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9prpAv6kvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdARF4rGcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dakYYtuGPRI
>>
>>60776252

Lost it at

>Nirvana (the remaining members)

You mean the attention whoring talentless hack dave ghrol and that fucking other guy no one even remembers?

You fucking waifu tards are pathetic, atleast grimes makes some ok beats.
>>
>>60776198
UH OH

SOMEONES UPSET
>>
>>60776261

Seriously they're just extremely simple and empty songs with some "quirky" offbeat tune slapped in there, every single fucking one, any one with any kind of taste in music should pick up on this immediately.
>>
File: Untitled10.png (7 KB, 337x110) Image search: [Google]
Untitled10.png
7 KB, 337x110
>>60776145
Stop.
>>
>>60776308
Seriously, you're a pleb. What kind of shitty music do you listen if you think that Annie' songs are "extremely simple and empty songs with some "quirky" offbeat tune slapped in there"?

Let me guess: meme rap?
>>
>>60776312
lol u tk him 2da bar|?
>>
>>60776362

I listen to a plethora of musicians, most frequently would probably be bowie.

The fact that you use terms like "meme" rap to discredit other music just shows you're a fucking pleb.

And look at you calling her "annie" as if you know this bitch, you belong in kpop threads with all this waifuism. This is a music board.
>>
>>60776429
Look pleb, Annie is her actual name (Annie Clark more exactly).

>The fact that you use terms like "meme" rap to discredit other music just shows you're a fucking pleb.
Look who's talking. Your description here...
>Seriously they're just extremely simple and empty songs with some "quirky" offbeat tune slapped in there, every single fucking one, any one with any kind of taste in music should pick up on this immediately")
...is very "positive". Right.

You discredited her ("this bitch") and her music without really listening to it. I bet that you checked few seconds from few songs of them (maybe not even that).

>This is a music board.
...full of cretins like you. GTFO asshole.
>>
Is anyone actually going to answer OPs question?
>>
>>60776485
To answer what? That this dickhead picked the wrong album to get into her music and that he's a piece of shit for calling her a bitch?
>>
>>60776501
>waifutards proving they are just that
>>
Strange Mercy > S/T > Actor > marry meme > David byrne
>>
>>60776485

No because the only people who listen to her music are lonely virgins who fantasize about marrying her, or quirky hipsters. One group get far too offended over any form of criticism to answer, and the other know nothing about music and just want to sound unique and obscure.
>>
>>60776501
You're supposed to explain what he's missing.
>>
>>60776485
Also isn't ironic that this OP moron is complaining like a... (you guessed it) bitch?
>>
>>60776501

To answer what it is I am missing.

Also I never stated what album I listened to so how would you know if it was wrong, and she is a bitch.
>>
>>60776145
>>60776161
>>60776198
>>60776252
>>60776362
>>60776467
>>60776501
>>60776535

Have you ever been with a woman?
>>
File: 3umm0r.jpg (59 KB, 530x380) Image search: [Google]
3umm0r.jpg
59 KB, 530x380
>>60776514
>liking music made by female artists
>waifutard

Your logic is retarded and you're a retard.
>>
>>60776555
Just your mom.
>>
File: hack.jpg (156 KB, 914x623) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
156 KB, 914x623
ITT: Talentless Hacks
>>
>>60776562
My logic is impeccable since he/you are unable to actually answer OPs question.
>>
>>60776119
She was on a SWANS record, that's literally the only reason faggots here like her /thread.
>>
>>60776655
pretty much
>>
>>60776655
I actually like her music but I never comment in these threads because they are cancer
>>
>>60776655
this and her Glenn Branca orchestra appearance.
>>
>>60776119
She makes really good guitar pop
still don't care for self titled though
>>
>>>/hr/2439921
>>>/hr/2439921
>>>/hr/2439921
>>
>>60776655
also her grot/krokodil 7'' ep is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIL6dN1GR8Y
>>
File: Totally not waifucore.jpg (75 KB, 998x1000) Image search: [Google]
Totally not waifucore.jpg
75 KB, 998x1000
>>60776119
>Someone please explain what it is I'm obviously missing
You already posted what makes her popular. Her rare jewish qt face.
She is hipster waifu material, and she exactly knows tand capitalizes on that. That is why her rare jewish qt face appears on 80% of her albums (Lauren Mayberry, regarded as "waifucore" - 0%).
That is why basically every of her music videos and life performances emphasizes her rare jewish qt appearance.
>>60776261
That is why the first two songs from her last album are about her taking off her clothes and masturbating, respectively. Digital Witness critisizes social networks. Totally not hipstercore.
>inb4 muh catchy riffs meme
Every half decent Pop/Rock-band has them. Check Arctic Monkeys. They are regarded here as "entry level pleb music".
>inb4 muh critics meme
If it is not Annie, it is "Pitchfork-Core" for some reason. Her self-titled also is Top 20 charts music in the US, by the way. She also won a friggin grammy. Such music is considered pleb by people her by default.
>inb4 muh talent meme
There are thousands of female artists out there that do not receive the attention that Annie Clark gets her. Take Julia Holter, Torres, Frances Quinlan (Hop Along). They all have one thing in common - they made better albums than Annie this year, but they dont have a rare jewish qt face.
>>
>>60776699
*"here" instead of "her" in the last line

Also, she started working for Republic - the same label that hosts 3 Doors Down, Lorde, The Chainsmokers, Ariana Grande, Gotye, Godsmack, Paris Hilton, Lil Wayne, Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, Serebro, Taylor Swift, Tiesto and whatever talented, non-commercial artists there exist out there.
Maybe she was less obviously sale-oriented before her self-titled.
>>
>>60776252
>>>/hr/
>>
File: JuliaHolter-lead-560.jpg (169 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
JuliaHolter-lead-560.jpg
169 KB, 560x560
>>60776699
>Julia Holter
>doesn't have a rare jewish qt face
>implying
>>
>>60776699
>>60776742
vincentfags gotten destroyed hard judging by the lack of responses
>>
St. Vincent btfo tвh senpai
>>
>>60778035
>>60778280
Hold on mofos, not so soon.
>>
>>60776119
St. Vincent is usually listened to by high school hipsters tbhfam
>>
File: img.png (10 KB, 286x371) Image search: [Google]
img.png
10 KB, 286x371
>>60776742
You tried so hard to discredit her. I will destroy all your shitty arguments one by one.

>Also, she started working for Republic - the same label that hosts 3 Doors Down, Lorde, The Chainsmokers, Ariana Grande, Gotye, Godsmack, Paris Hilton, Lil Wayne, Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, Serebro, Taylor Swift, Tiesto and whatever talented, non-commercial artists there exist out there. Maybe she was less obviously sale-oriented before her self-titled.
She's signed to Loma Vista/Republic. In the pic attached is Loma Vista's roster.

Wikipedia quote:
>Loma Vista Recordings is a record label founded by Tom Whalley, former chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Records and Executive of A&R at Interscope Records. The label was initially a joint venture with Republic Records and is based in Beverly Hills and Brooklyn.
Republic is used for promotion and actual sales. She has total freedom to do whatever she wants artistically.

Also let's not forget that Kate Bush is (was?) signed to EMI, Bjork to Polydor/Universal/Atlantic/Elekra/Warrner Bros, PJ Harvey to Island. These are big (or at least not small) labels.

Your argument is void and null.
>>
File: cover.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>60776699
>>60776742
>You already posted what makes her popular. Her rare jewish qt face. She is hipster waifu material, and she exactly knows tand capitalizes on that. That is why her rare jewish qt face appears on 80% of her albums
Are you sure about that, retard? Almost all female songwriters put their faces on the cover of their albums. Patti Smith? Check. Bjork? Check. Kate Bush? Check. Julia Holter? Check. Joanna Newsom? Check. Lisa Germano? Check. Diamanda Gals? Check. So, this argument is void and null.

>Lauren Mayberry, regarded as "waifucore" - 0%
Probably because she was totally aware about the fact that people would judge her appearance more than the actual music.

>That is why the first two songs from her last album are about her taking off her clothes and masturbating, respectively. Digital Witness critisizes social networks. Totally not hipstercore.
This what you understood with your simpleton brain. The real meanings are deeper than that. I'm not going to waste my time explaining the meanings, you have sites like songmeanings for that. The point remains: you're a pleb.

>Every half decent Pop/Rock-band has them. Check Arctic Monkeys. They are regarded here as "entry level pleb music".
Her music isn't all about chatchy riffs, dude. There are a lot of subtle layers of sounds in her music. Of course you're too dumb to notice them. You also didn't notice the interesting drumbeats or the harmonies or the lyrics or actual songwriting. The structure of her songs has all kinds of non-pleb quirks (Surgeon for example). Also her singing isn't the kind you usually hear on your favorite pleb radios.
>>
>>60776569
>fags still like this joke.
>>
>>60776699
>>60776742
>If it is not Annie, it is "Pitchfork-Core" for some reason. Her self-titled also is Top 20 charts music in the US, by the way. She also won a friggin grammy. Such music is considered pleb by people her by default.
Her music was critically acclaimed by A LOT of reviewers, not just P4K. And for a good reason. The fact that she won a Grammy doesn't make her a pleb artist. The proof is that you're a pleb and don't get her patrician music. Also Bjork & Kate Bush were nominated from Grammy multiple times (Bjork for 13 awards!), so what the fuck are we talking about here?

>There are thousands of female artists out there that do not receive the attention that Annie Clark gets her. Take Julia Holter, Torres, Frances Quinlan (Hop Along). They all have one thing in common - they made better albums than Annie this year, but they dont have a rare jewish qt face.
Those artists are talented on their own, but to claim that they "made better albums than Annie this year" is plain stupid. Those albums are better FOR YOU; there's no objective judging of music, imbecile. St. Vincent has her own career built with hard work and inspiration. You imply that Julia Holter, Torres, Frances Quinlan didn't receive enough attention because they aren't as cute as St. Vincent. Your logic is childish and very, very ridiculous.

>Conclusion
Your jewish retarded arguments are good for one thing: to wipe my ass with them.
>>
>>60779522
>uses muh music is subjective meme
>insults everyone for "not getting" Annie "genius" clark

never go full waifutard
>>
>>60779137
this
>>
File: image_6.jpg (39 KB, 585x398) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
39 KB, 585x398
>>60776252
>multi-instrumentalist
>can't play drums
Kek absolute joke
>>
I know you are going to call me a waifutard even tho it is my first time posting in this thread, yes i like her music, no i dont give a fuck about her appearence, that's the whole point of music you just use your ears, thats it, i also enjoy many more female artists and male artists.

>>60779830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wpo9peDAZM

>>60779753
to be honest OP started insulting first family plus the guy he replied to simply did lie in many aspects
>>
>>60779753
>uses muh music is subjective meme
>insults everyone for "not getting" Annie "genius" clark
Judging music is subjective, so are my opinions about her. But my opinions are supported by facts and general consensus.

I can call you whatever I want if you don't get her music in the same way you (or whoever wrote that crap here >>60776699 ) called her "hipster waifu material".

So, kiss my ass retarded waifutard if you don't like that.
>>
File: i.png (6 KB, 884x80) Image search: [Google]
i.png
6 KB, 884x80
>>60779830
>multi-instrumentalist
>can't play drums
Wait a fuckin' minute, since when a multi-instrumentalist is supposed to necessarily play drums? If you play more than one instrument you're a multi-instrumentalist. And it's not required to be drums.

And by the way, she did drum programming and various percussion. Check the credits of Marry Me album and see the complete list of instruments that she played.
>>
>>60779896
Good clip, thx for posting. St. Vincent is very talented and yet there are a lot of contrarians on these boards that simply refuse to acknowledge the evidence.
>>
>>60779987
>>60779896
>>60779522
>>60779379
>>60779273

>>60779830
>>60776699

Not really that much of fan of her music, I enjoy it however but ffs I think I have never seen so much btfo'd in one thread those two last guys got absolutely buttblasted
>>
>>60776119
The reason why you disliked it so much is because you let this board which apparently focuses on the memes and her appearance (see: le quirky hair!) cloud your judgement.

If /mu/ has never said anything about her or give her any attention, then you would think otherwise. I'm not even a huge fan of hers but Strange Mercy and Actor are decent albums in the extent that they are enjoyable and fun.

You don't seem like a fun person and is clearly upset. I would suggest taking a breather and going outside for a bit to steam off.

Have a nice day!
>>
>The reason why you disliked it so much is because you let this board which apparently focuses on the memes and her appearance (see: le quirky hair!) cloud your judgement.

>If /mu/ has never said anything about her or give her any attention, then you would think otherwise.
Totally. Just to see how perverse are humans in general.
>>
This thread is officially over.
OP and the other retarded poster got BTFO.

Someone archive this.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.