[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some albums from the 2000s that were ahead of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1438757846133.jpg (30 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1438757846133.jpg
30 KB, 600x800
What are some albums from the 2000s that were ahead of their time when comparing to today's music?
>>
I would say Kid A by Radiohead
>>
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Daft Punk - Discovery
Why? - Alopecia
>>
>>60776032
Could explain those?
>>
>>
>>60776069
No
>>
>>60776069
The Avalanches are using samples in a beautiful way, and it was only much later that those were starting to get into mainstream music.

Discovery is just house before house was a thing, and Alopecia sounds really futuristic, something that would be a standard in modern psychedelia today.
>>
>>60776114
>Discovery is just house before house was a thing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Get absolutely fucked.

Larry Levans is rolling in his grave
>>
>>60776114
>Discovery is just house before house was a thing
>>
>>60776114
>The Avalanches are using samples in a beautiful way, and it was only much later that those were starting to get into mainstream music.
"Lol"
Samples were being usused since 1949 by Pierre Schaeffe.
>>
808s and heartbreaks tbqh
i'm not even that much of a kanye fan but it's pretty insane how he dropped such a left field and divisive hip-hop album and 7 years later half the fucking industry sounds exactly like it
>>
>>60776126
What I mean is that Daft Punk were the first to create the house standard that we would be hearing for the next 10 years or so.
There was definitely house music before, but not like this club mainstream house that was created with the Daft Punk wave.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.