[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is every version of this album censored?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: thelowendtheory.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
thelowendtheory.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1500
Is every version of this album censored?
>>
No, here I'll send you the explicit version
>>
>>60766282
no bad words upset me don't post it
>>
>>60766307
delete this
>>
>>60766073
i think they swear on a couple tracks on the album iirc so i don't know how to answer your question but i thought this might be a relevant time to mention my little factoid that they asked a jazz guy to play double bass on the whole album and he agreed as long as they didn't swear
>>
Yes there's only one version of the album. IIRC they had to censor because that's the only way they could get permission to use some samples.
>>
>>60766671
>>60766637
That's some dumb shit
>>
>>60766073
A lot of hip hop albums from the 90s have really weird censorship. Another famous example is that the censored version of shook ones pt II was put on the infamous by accident and the original has never been released.
>>
Yeah, Ron Carter and sample rights holders didn't want swear words.
>>
>>60766073
I think it's just a few tracks that are censored
>>
daily reminder that A Tribe Called Quest are vile bigots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKcZb5LufE
>>
>>60768050
Daily reminder that nobody gives a shit
>>
>>60768050
Yeah it's a good thing they had to replace this with Show Business, this is kind of cringeworthy
>>
>>60768172
I'm glad it exists because I get to laugh at all the white kids getting ass blasted in the comments section
>>
>>60768050
eh, not too big of a deal. It was the 90's, not everyone was down with the dicks like in 2015. I'm as gay as you can fucking get and one of my top 5 favourite albums is from jedi mind tricks, where that greasy wop mc is spitting about beating the fag out of people all the time. Still though, even if it was the 90's, glad they pulled it. Would've been a really cringey stain on the album.
>>
>>60768776
Seems to me that the only people who aren't offended by homophobia these days are actually gay
>>
>>60768890
It's not exactly offensive, it just comes across as ignorant and silly. Kind of like Where the Hood At
>>
>>60768945
Yeah, I was just remarking on how everybody is competing to be more tolerant than each other now for whatever reason

It's gotten silly, honestly
>>
>>60769144
It should just be common sense to "tolerate" (whatever the hell that actually means, almost makes it sound like you're deigning to do them a favor) people whose dicks get hard over things that don't get your dick hard. People who don't are what's silly
>>
>>60769266
But I think we all can agree that one must draw a line somewhere. That line's not at homosexuality, though.

>>60768050
Didn't really like Show Business too much, actually. It's the one song I don't mind skipping. I dunno whether this would be a great replacement, though.
>>
>>60769266
Obviously I don't condone running the gays out of town but I'm not going to lose my shit if I hear someone use the word faggot when it shouldn't offend me
>>
>>60769481
It's not about words, it's about people who are actually fixated on the sexuality of others and feel the need to "take a stand" about it. What a joke.
>>
>>60769567
You've just described half of this board's userbase
>>
>>60766073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6qJh8-hG8s

this song is so 90s it hurts
>>
>>60769806
The way that track flows into Butter is perfect
>>
I NEVER HALF STEP CAUSE I'M NOT A HALF STEPPER
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.