[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are SJWs ruining music? How long until SJWs get "offensive"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 10
Are SJWs ruining music? How long until SJWs get "offensive" lyrics removed from albums?
>>
>>60758628
this will never happen, people will just self release if the label doesnt like it
>>
WHY DOES HE TYPE LIKE THIS
>>
>>60758719
he has autism
>>
>>60758719
it makes his tweets stand out in the timeline
>>
>>60758628
woah so randum xDD
>>
I don't understand why if you don't enjoy something you have to ruin it for people that do enjoy it. I don't go seeking out things I don't like and getting them removed or banned, I just ignore it or disassociate myself with it. Why do they feel the need to get rid of things they don't agree with?
>>
>>60758628
What the fuck did he say? It's fucking impossible to get thrown out of the UK.
>>
>>60758628
>SJW strawman every time
nothing against the presence of "offensive" lyrics, I just think people like tyler should be publicly shunned
>>
>>60758628
Go back to /v/.

Srsly though this was fucking stupid, but not surprising with the amount of prudent MP's. Sure, 'SJWs' had some part in it, but that's not the real problem.
>>
>>60758826
>I just think people like tyler should be publicly shunned
Why?
>>
Friendly reminder that the term "SJW" has been replaced with the term "Crybully".
>>
>>60758904
sjw detected
>>
>>60758903
Not >>60758826, But I can hazard a guess at why:
He's 'edgy'
Not particularly interesting musically
Has basically devolved into a Vine star.
>>
>>60758628
Hi Anthony
>>
>>60758935
wot
>>
File: crucially_rapaport.jpg (224 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
crucially_rapaport.jpg
224 KB, 1080x1080
>>60758826
fuck off you stupid cunt this isnt about liking tyler or not. this is about free spech you cu ck lord
>>
If you're using the SJW buzzword, then I'm assuming you're from /pol/, who are very much pro censorship when it suits them too. People were fantasizing about murdering M.I.A. over there after her Borders video last week.
>>
remember how he was never actually banned from the UK and he just did this for publicity like when he said he got banned in Australia
Tyler still desperate to remain relevant.
>>
>>60758903
I'm not the same guy.
While I really think Cherry Bomb was shit, and don't care much for Odd Future at all, I think banning him for some lyrics was going a bit too far.
That being said, people have different values about what could/should be said, and again—England isn't America. The notion of "freedom" isn't this overall dogma people must abide by over there.
I disagree with Britain's decision, but I think it's also a decision they should be free to make.

>>60758904
>Crybully
That's a good one there m8.
>>
>>60758903
because he's a shitty person, as simple as that, some of his lyrics shouldn't be socially acceptable and I assume they kind of are?
>>
>>60759044
Good thing you're not in charge of what is and is not "socially acceptable" and you can easily ignore what you find to be offensive and unacceptable instead of censoring the shit out of it.
>>
>>60758967
I'm all for free speech and I don't think he should be banned but if you listen to him not only you have shit taste in music but you're also a terrible person, good luck in life kid lol
>>
good
OF sucks anyways
>>
>>60759097
You're a piece of shit. I can see that and I don't even listen to him.
>>
What the fuck do I have to do to stop reading about this

I don't give a fuck about SJWs
I don't give a fuck about gamergate
I don't give a fuck about mens rights
I don't give a fuck about feminism

I want to talk about music, go fuck off to one of several containment boards here
>>
>>60759097
So you're for free speech but you're willing to shame people for having musical tastes differing from your own and call them terrible people. and then have the gall to say good luck in life lol?
This is a perfect example of wrong think.
Orwell is turning in his grave.
>>
>>60759149
>Orwell is turning in his grave.
is this a parody post, senpai?
>>
https://youtu.be/ckjuBDUE1iM

history lesson for the kids.
>>
>>60759137
Fuck off you fucking tumblr faggot
>>
>>60759149
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>60758802

for a sense of power
>>
What were the lyrics?
>>
>>60759181
i fucking hate tumblr
i fucking hate feminists

i fucking DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS

if every fucking board on this fucking website could not stop talking about abortion or nooks v books or whatever stupid bullshit, I would feel the same way
>>
>>60758628
who fucking cares. nothing's going to happen. sjwism is a meme that will die soon enough, and so are you.
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (10 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
10 KB, 319x316
>>60758719
He's a nigger. Do you seriously look at a nigger's Twitter and expect proper English?
>>
>>60759149
>Orwell
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>60758973
exactly ive tried to tell them this shit on /pol/ that they are just the right wing version of sjws

and they don't want to believe it

its so true though
>>
>>60759044
Dude you are literally just sjw trash that need to take your shot back to your tumblr hug box. Tyler is honestly just an edgelord doing his stupid shit for a reaction and if you really find that shit upsets you then you need to grow a pair faggot
>>
>>60759128
nah, I'm actually really nice to people irl, even OF fans because usually they're really shitty people with shitty taste in music who will have equally shitty lives
>>
>>60759428
Lol
>>
>>60758967
he has free speech, in his own country where he is a citizen
>>
>>60759044
honestly wouldnt complain if people like this were systematically genocided desu
>>
>>60759137
This is about music, instead of using the word "sjw" we should just call these people uptight etiquette fascists who are going to ruin art and everything fun in life by making everyone normal walk on eggshells. You can't say this, you can't sing/write stories about that!! IT's improper and doesn't align to our puritanical social rules, how dare you find enjoyment in these EDGY jokes grrrr - uptight social etiquette fascists
>>
>>60759230
Except sjwism isn't going to die off. You're straight up talking out of your ass faggot. You mean to tell me that with more artists supporting feminism, gay rights, etc. and almost every single company/institution being policitically correct for the sake of good PR that sjwism is just going to "die off"? I mean it's not the end of the world but desu the only meme here is the amount of extra chromosomes you've received. Have fun with your coloring activities Downy
>>
>>60759428
>i'm really nice to people
>even OF fans because usually they're really shitty people with shitty taste in music who will have equally shitty lives

So you're "niceness" is fake and passive aggressive? Cool.
>>
>>60759464
if you want to see everyone here backtrack, ask them how they'd feel if some famous, edgy, muslim rapper from the uk wanted to tour the u.s. with music advocating sharia law and following muhammad.

and how they'd feel if that guy was going to headline a publicly-funded music festival.

imagine they'd magically be on the same side as the "sjw"s they hate.
>>
>>60759402
he can do his shit all he wants I personally do not care
what upsets me is that people actually take him seriously which just bothers me on a primal level because it's the kind of shit that makes life dangerous
>>
>>60759601
actually in a case like that sjws would be more likely to support the muslim
>>
>>60759615
>it's the kind of shit that makes life dangerous

Yeah man, fictional themes in music is what makes life dangerous
>>
>>60759615
You're still equally retarded then. Blaming him for his fans ignores the fact that his fans are the ones objectively retarded for taking him seriously.
>>
File: absolutely jihad.jpg (26 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutely jihad.jpg
26 KB, 531x471
>>60759428
lmao
>>
This has been happening for decades, if not a lot more. Dead Kennedys come to mind.
>>
>>60759644
>music advocating sharia law
>sjws would be more likely to support the muslim

the mental contortions you must go through.
>>
>>60759588
nah, it's genuine because I just feel sorry for them
>>
>>60759770
Nah, he has a point
>>
>>60759841
Or you're just an uptight twat
>>
>>60759841
what's his point?
>>
>>60759680
I'm blaming him that he's aware that his stupid fans take him seriously and apparently he doesn't care about it which is just as bad
>>
>>60759840

>>60759856

wrong reply there
>>
>>60759668
stupid people taking fictional themes seriously is what makes life dangerous you dense fuck
>>
>Are SJWs ruining music?

There is nothing SJWs can't ruin.
>>
>>60759859
Ironically self proclaimed liberal sjw's would defend someone preaching their violent, sexist, abbhorent religion while foaming at the mouth at fictional violence in music. That said I wouldn't even be for banning the sharia law artist
>>
>>60759615
>thinking life shouldn't be dangerous and risky

I fucking hate Tyler but you're a delusional fuck
>>
>>60759939
you would also have to ban edgy metal bands too if you banned the sharia musician
>>
>>60758802
Ask republicans
>>
>>60759856
>>60759880
inside I might be but I do my best to not come off like that on the outside, there's no one that blames me for being a dick but quite the opposite actually
I have nothing to blame myself and that's why I will call you out for being a cunt
>>
>>60759910
No, it's not. Let me guess we should also ban violent movies and video games because they encourage kids to murder people?
>>
>>60759873
And now you're just bringing yourself farther down the path of being fucking brain dead. Why is he supposed to give a shit about his fans idolizing him and taking his shit seriously? On top of that what the fuck is he supposed to do?
>>
Theresa May was responsible for his (alleged) ban from entering the UK

She is a right-wing conservative, stop crying about SJWs you autistic faggot
>>
>>60759966
I don't want to ban sharia law music
>>
>>60759959
maybe yours, I like being safe and making people feel safe :3

convince yourself you only feel like living when taking the risk more if you feel like it though
>>
>>60760005
>>
Cherry Bomb is actually really good, don't know why /mu/ shits on it so much.
>>
>>60760005
>>
>>60760032
>>
>>60760031
im just saying that's how it would end up

I don't condone banning anything like that either

its just a very slippery slope if you do start to have stuff getting banned
>>
>>60760052
>>60760035
>>60760032
>>60760005
>>
>>60759988
holy fuck I'm not for banning anything you shithead
either way violent movies and video games are also cancer of popculture and promotion of shit like that makes you a horrible person and you know that and if you don't then maybe it's time to stop denying it and at least accept it
>>
>>60760005
What's the difference? Social Justice Warriors, and The Religious Right are the same way about this stuff, both are pro censorship for the sake of "morality" and "protecting" the children/women/unprivileged
>>
>>60759358
The neocon/tea party loons and SJWs should all get together, have a big ass hatefuck orgy and leave the rest of us alone.
>>
>>60760032
>i like being fucking lazy and forcing my shitty opinion to people over the internet and in real life

Good luck killing yourself when WWIII brakes out on American soil.
>>
>>60760118
>>
>>60760105

>>>/90s/
>>
>>60760118
Center is best political alignment
>>
>>60760124
>Brakes out
Ain't no brakes on that train
>>
>>60760124
what the le fuck are you on about
>>
>>60760119
>>
>>60760118
>>
This is probably the worst board to ask about SJWs on, besides maybe /lgbt/. 90% of posters here are from reddit and tumblr and post in waifu threads and the same threads about the biggest acts in indie rock, rap, and memes.
>>
>>60760105
>promotion of shit like that makes you a horrible person

Aren't you a self righteous cunt. I bet you think you're a bastion for morality. How about this, just because you feel unnecessary guilt for killing someone in a video game and secretly enjoying it, doesn't mean everyone who doesn't get guilty over weird shit is a bad person, maybe deep down you're the bad person not everyone else
>>
>>60760105
God damn it tumblr fucking leave.
>violent movies/video games are bad
>muh pop culture
Dude shut the fuck up, really.
>>
>rap about the most offensive things you can think of so you can be edgy
>face repercussions

So weird how that works
>>
File: piecehampster.jpg (17 KB, 342x400) Image search: [Google]
piecehampster.jpg
17 KB, 342x400
>>60760209
>>
why was the syrian refugees thread deleted?
>>
>>60760105
Theres a difference between a movie and real life you fucking dolt.
>>
>>60760270
Not music related.
So it gets baleeted.
>>
>>60760270
because this is a music board you uncultured fucking cretin
>>
>>60760324
>>
>>60760001
>On top of that what the fuck is he supposed to do?
uh, stop making music?

he's became a person of power that has pretty big impact on public opinion at least for some particular area

pope can for example call for people to kill their children at any time and many would likely actually do that even if it was just fraction of catholics

tyler is also aware of what impact he has on some even if people who he has the most impact on are mostly teens but he chooses to not care about it because he's just a shitty fucking person

I can't really see why you still disagree on any points lol
>>
>>60760139
>>60760234
>>60760235
>>60760290
wow, this is probably the first time I've seen such a universally hated post on 4chan
and rightfully so desu
>>
>>60760377
No. His lyrics are fiction, this obvious to everyone including most if not all his fans who aren't going out and killing people. It's the parents job to teach their children, no artist or creator has an obligation to make sure people don't misconstrue what they put out there. You sound like a soccer mom who'd protest Marilyn Manson in the 90s, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>60760234
so according to you feeling guilt for getting pleasure from simulating violence against humans is just some weird shit huh?

look, violence against others is one of those insincts which have no place in modern world and is downright inhuman to begin with and I do believe it's something worth rallying against in any form

of course if you disagree you're a hypocrite because (most) people don't like violence to be used against them
>>
File: 1445597080813.png (127 KB, 540x793) Image search: [Google]
1445597080813.png
127 KB, 540x793
>>
>>60760635
It's a free house, Jim!
>>60760619
you're a pussy desu
>>
>>60760479
it's fiction appealing to people who take pleasure form their contents and for that reason alone tyler should cease creating it from his own will

if he ever was anything else than a shitty person which is not the case sadly
>>
>>60760619
Most males have a primal urge towards aggression and danger, video games and edgy media are a way to express all the pent up aggression in a safe and harmless way. For most people, there's a difference between fantasy and reality, and for others they pretend to ignore that line to feel a sense of moral high ground
>>
>>60760635
It's a free house, Jim!
>>
>>60759937
except just about anything of importance
>>
>>60759246
>>>/1940s/
>>
>>60759149
>Orwell
How's highschool newfriend
>>
File: I MEAN COME ON.png (37 KB, 1286x232) Image search: [Google]
I MEAN COME ON.png
37 KB, 1286x232
>>60761188
I agree, I mean COME ON.
>>
>>60761188
Twitter didn't exist in the 1940's, silly.
Back then, you had to travel out to a sharecrop farm in the middle of nowhere to find out how unintelligible nigger-jabber is.
>>
>>60761335
>>60761394
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60760864
well of course relieving the aggression in the most harmless possible is good but the problem here is that the urge to be violent exists in the first place

simple people don't have to overthink this but it gets worse when your intelligence is blocking instincs which you deem as immoral which on one hand probably makes me repressed in a way but on the other I can't not block it at this point because I believe I'm getting close to the ideal that I have in my mind, I just can't accept that I do have urges to hurt people no matter how primal they are and I feel all the better for that I don't even though I am completely aware they are there somewhere

with enough self-control anyone could decide to stop looking for relieves for their urges or at least limit them and instead focus their time on doing something actually useful idk, it's probably not very healthy but satisfactory and providing many benefits

but wait fighting your urges is something that actually takes effort sorry I forgot, that's why we need violence depicted everywhere, because male nature demands it

yeah fuck that shit, we all could live without fantasies involving violence portrayed in media and if you can't beyond your teens it means you're either horribly immature, too lazy and worthless to even try to fight your worst characteristics or someone who simply can't control himself and should probably be locked up
>>
>>60761543
tl;dr
>>
>>60759246
Did black people make fun of you in high school anon?
>>
File: dmx-garlic-bread.png (119 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
dmx-garlic-bread.png
119 KB, 600x317
>>
>>60761629
>sex
>cool
is there anything more lame than lame people thinking they are cool because they have sex?
>>
>>60759539
>You mean to tell me that with more artists supporting feminism, gay rights, etc. and almost every single company/institution being policitically correct for the sake of good PR
literally none of this matters. it will die as soon as it stops being marketable and making people money, which won't be long. dumb young people (sjws) have short attention spans and don't stay dumb and young for very long
>>
>>60761543
You sound like a christian, which makes sense considering how judgmental and guilt ridden you are
>just repress all our urges
>humans are inherently bad

The most important thing is most of everyone listening to music like tyler the creator and playing grand theft auto aren't causing harm to real people, THATS WERE THE LINE IS DRAWN. Humans find blowing shit up in virtual reality fun, lighten up and take the stick out of your ass, and also thank god we don't live in your ideal puritanical world
>>
old-school tipper gore moral guardianship in the UK was responsible for tyler getting swatted, it didn't have anything to do with protest groups. besides that the home office just does what it wants, they have zero oversight or accountability in their decisions

the feminist thing was australia

also SJW is a joke of an acronym if you ask twelve diff people on the internet what it means you'll get twelve clumsy overlapping answers
>>
>>60761699
Cool as in "good" or "nice" or "enjoyable", you autistic piece of shit.
>>
>>60758628
whatever, if anything it will only affect mainstream pop and maybe some token edgy artists.

also
>muh SJW spooks
>>
File: 1444948957600.jpg (56 KB, 505x388) Image search: [Google]
1444948957600.jpg
56 KB, 505x388
>>60758628
>The mosque of Kekland
I don't even like tyler but why the fuck is this allowed?
You guys are getting flooded with goatfuckers that want sharaia law and everything and you ban inoffensive edgy artists instead?
jfc i don't know if i should laugh or cringe.
>>
>>60758628
>Black guy says "I wanna kidnap you and put you in my basement"
>Is banned from Australia

>White guy says "I wanna kill my wife, take child, kill fags, and rape my own mom!"
>Is free tour in Australia
>>
>>60760730
It's supposed to shock you
>>
>>60758628
>screenshot of tweet
>muh SJW boogeyman

Take that shit back to >>>/v/ please
>>
>>60759978
>republicans
m8 look at the universities here.....
>>
>>60760635
It's a free house, Jim!
>>
>>60762050
not a christian, quite the opposite actually although I had christian upbringing and it's very possible that I didn't ever fully reject the values that I learnt back then
and I'm not calling for people to repress their urges except for this particular one which virtually serves no good anymore
not sure where did you take the humans are bad thing from, I'd actually say people are mostly okay but just often unaware of that they're doing things wrong

>Humans find blowing shit up in virtual reality fun
the thing is males find blowing shit up fun no matter whether it's real or not and sure most may be of no harm to anyone in the real world but the problem is that they'd still enjoy doing things they do in video games in reality and there are still many who break the norm and actually do those things
by listening to tyler and playing grand theft auto you're a violence apologist no matter what on top of having shit taste
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.