[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings /mu/ I present to you another informational image
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
Greetings /mu/

I present to you another informational image that will surely educate some of the less intelligent people on this board.

Please understand what is wrong with the industrial hip-hop listener in this image and what is right with the true industrial listener in this image.

Thank you.
>>
nobody even listens to first wave industrial, we just like reading their biographies and their wacky stories
>>
At least Mark had some good Telephone Engineer baits. This just looks like it was done by a 15 year old.
>>
>>60754010
While their lives are quite interesting, their music is also quite interesting. I'm pretty sure if you actually payed attention to the music you would understand. Keep on listening to your Death Grips if you want to remain a degenerate idiot.
>>60754024
Who is Mark? And if this was done by a 15 year old, the 15 year old would be quite an intelligent one.
>>
I wish I had this comic I saw on Reddit the other day that parodied these kinds of shitty comics where the author is oh so rational and the other guy's whole life revolves around the argument and his grows large and says "I AM SILLY" or something.
>>
>>
I mean, I love Symbols by KMFDM but it certainly never made me think "ooh how thought provoking" it just made me wanna fuck,
>>
>>60754041
Proptip: writing "quite" a shitload of times doesn't make you look any smarted
>>
>Death Grips
Radiohead 3.0 for people who think they have taste.
>>
what are your thoughts on xiu xiu, TE?

>>60754069
get a load of this guy everybody
he's quite a fool
>>
>>60754051
This comic is not shitty. It is in fact an education comic that can teach people a thing or two about real music.
>>60754058
Club Penguin is a shit game.
>>60754065
That's because KMFDM are a terrible band. Having sex for purposes other than reproduction is for degenerates.
>>60754069
>smarted
Protip: Writing "smarted" once doesn't make you look any smarter
>>60754082
Agreed
>>60754096
Very interesting music
>>
what do you think of swans TE?
>>
>>60754102
>Protip: Writing "smarted" once doesn't make you look any smarter
Protip: smarted is a meme you'd recognize if you'd actually been here for long enough to post "educational comics"

>This comic is not shitty. It is in fact an education comic that can teach people a thing or two about real music.
Yet it provides absolutely no educational value, and I'm willing to guess that if pressed on your opinions you'd have a hilariously hard time defending them.

Let's try, shall we? Why don't you post a short little analysis of the deeper and "true" meanings of 20 Jazz Great Funks? For extra credit, make a comparison to Exmilitary to really solidify your point about how much better 20JGF is.
>>
OP do you like Dalek
>>
>>60753987
The reason I ever got into death grips in the first place was because I was looking for new industrial music, then I found mu
>>
>>60754051
>>60754102
>>60754140
>born to late to explore the earth
>born to early to explore the universe
>born just in time to witness the two greatest minds of the 21st century arguing about industrial music

damn...
>>
I never knew all my life that I wanted to see Telephone Engineer and Hampus get into an argument over industrial
>>
>>60754138
Swans are a very good band
>>60754140
20 Jazz Funk Greats is a deep record that is a lot better than Exmilitary which is an incredibly shallow record because of a few reasons:

1. 20 Jazz Funk Greats is actually innovative. Death Grips just sound like really shitty TG clones with more yelling.
2. 20 Jazz Funk Greats explores dark and abrasive sides of music whereas Exmilitary only explores lel so randumb shit.
3. 20 Jazz Funk Greats is a diverse record while Exmilitary is the same AYY YO LOOK AT ME I'M YELLING bullshit all the way.
>>60754142
No. I'm not retarded.
>>60754199
What was your idea of industrial music before? Marilyn Manson?
>>60754216
You will see who is the greater mind after this.
>>60754243
I'm sure it will be enjoyable to see me show Hampus where he is wrong.
>>
>>60754256
>TG clones
Sorry I fucked up there. That should be clones of other industrial bands.
>>
>>60754256
What is it about Dalek that you don't like?
>>
post your favorite industrial music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ONE_dc2pQ
>>
>>60754256
I believe he was asking for an analysis of the motifs of 20JFG. What makes it interesting and innovative? What are the good and bad parts of both records, both thematically and musically
I'm not challenging you, just trying to see where you stand
>>
>>60754216
>>60754243
It's not an argument, I don't even necessarily disagree. I just want to see TE fumble upon himself trying to defend the position.

Just like so:
>>60754256
>20 Jazz Funk Greats is actually innovative
Explain how.
>Death Grips just sound like really shitty TG clones with more yelling.
Draw some parallels between how they are similar and difference in composition, production and perhaps lyrical involvement.
>20 Jazz Funk Greats explores dark and abrasive sides of music whereas Exmilitary only explores lel so randumb shit.
Show some examples of both.
> 20 Jazz Funk Greats is a diverse record while Exmilitary is the same AYY YO LOOK AT ME I'M YELLING bullshit all the way.
Again, show examples. Perhaps analyse what kind of musical motifs appear multiple times throughout Exmilitary, and how this could be an argument for the repetitiveness you propose.

What you've posted here is not an analysis, it's just a few unsubstantiated opinions that need much further elaboration to hold any merit.

You get an F on this assignment, but you're free to give it another try if you believe you can actually substantiate and defend your opinion.
>>
>>60754311
I was saying argument in the more academic sense but whatever floats your boat

This might actually be an interesting thread for once
>>
>>60754311
>You get an F on this assignment, but you're free to give it another try if you believe you can actually substantiate and defend your opinion.

Jesus your autism is real.
>>
>>60754339
Yes, I'm not attacking his position, I'm just challenging him to elaborate on it, which is why it's not really an argument.
>>
Is pic related supposed to prove anything other than the left guy is a lil dicked faggot?
>oh ho ho I do find this quite thought provoking ou lala oui
>>
>>60754292
I dislike rap music in general. The only rapper I have ever enjoyed the music of is MF Doom.
>>60754293
Since we're already talking about them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8klW9trVTQ
>>60754294
>>60754311
Okay

>Innovativeness
Throbbing Gristle fucking started the entire genre of industrial. That's a good enough explanation as to why they're innovative.
>Draw some parallels between how they are similar and difference in composition, production and perhaps lyrical involvement.
I corrected myself earlier saying that it shouldn't be TG clones but more of clones of other industrial groups. If you listen closely, you'll notice that Death Grips rip off other industrial hip-hop artists like B L A C K I E and Dalek (who are still both shit).
>Show some examples of both.
Throbbing Gristle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMtJWzx6xk
Death Grips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lNJamgjZ58

As you can see, Throbbing Gristle explore dark things in Persuasion with the menacing droning beat, the screaming sounds and Genesis' P-Orridge's calm yet dark voice and lyrics while Death Grips talk about having sex with the music and making it ejaculate. If this isn't sufficient to you then I don't know what is.
>Again, show examples. Perhaps analyse what kind of musical motifs appear multiple times throughout Exmilitary, and how this could be an argument for the repetitiveness you propose.
Exmilitary is all just yelling while 20JFG has diversity in their tracks.

Tracks from 20JFG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqRXWFaGXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX-6q_h-5Ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wBWhyKgW0

These tracks all sound different don't they? Now if you try going through Exmilitary, you'll see that all the songs sound the same.

There we go.
>>60754501
It's supposed to prove that Death Grips' fanbase consists of fat idiot stoners that love memes and shitposting.
>>
>>60754041
>who is Mark?

lurk more fate TE
>>
>>60754525
I am the real TE. Here's my former trip.
>>
>>60754519
>Throbbing Gristle fucking started the entire genre of industrial
Who is Chrome
Who is Neu!
>>
>>60754551
I've never listened to Chrome but Neu did not start industrial. Why do you think they did?
>>
>>60754519
>Throbbing Gristle fucking started the entire genre of industrial
They coined the term industrial music, that doesn't really say anything about innovation. What did they do that no one else had done before them? Please elaborate.

>If you listen closely, you'll notice that Death Grips rip off other industrial hip-hop artists like B L A C K I E and Dalek (who are still both shit).
Give examples of this ripping off, as well as elaborate on your position that both are shit (Why? What is better, and why?)

>As you can see, Throbbing Gristle explore dark things in Persuasion with the menacing droning beat, the screaming sounds and Genesis' P-Orridge's calm yet dark voice and lyrics while Death Grips talk about having sex with the music and making it ejaculate. If this isn't sufficient to you then I don't know what is.
You're absolutely going to have to elaborate how one is a better exploration of themes than the other, perhaps by actually making an analysis of the lyrics, as that seems to be your prime focus? However, as you said that they explore dark and abrasive sides of MUSIC specifically, you'd be better off making a musical analysis. Particularly of interest is how your provided example from Throbbing Gristle is intended to show the abrasive sides of music.

>Exmilitary is all just yelling while 20JFG has diversity in their tracks.
Please provide a musical analysis of tracks from both albums, instead of just relying on the trope of "but they sound le different to my ears!!" That kind of opinion is not sufficient in an analytical context.

Still an F, sorry. You need to vastly elaborate on all your points, some can even be seen as completely irrelevant or contradictory to your initial position.
>>
>>60753987
YOURE MY NUMBER ONE GUY
>>
>>60754647
>They coined the term industrial music
When did they do this?
>>
>>60754647
>>60754519
For your next attempt, please remember that I asked for an analysis of deeper meanings (just as you stated in your OP comic that listeners of industrial musics such as Throbbing Gristle supposedly do), rather than just a slew of your opinions with no substantiation what so ever.
>>
>>60754647
With Monte Cazazza.
>>
>>60754701
>>60754685
When Industrial Records was formed by Porridge and Cazazza, yes.
>>
me on the right btw
>>
>>60753987
Jesus why fuck havent i filtered you
>>
>>60754580
>I've never listened to Chrome
Thread is over guys
Tripfaggot being a faggot, other news at 12
>>
>>60754723
same to be honest
>>
>>60754647
Wrong. Monte Cazazza did.
>What did they do that no one else had done before them?
They made provocative and abrasive electronic music exploring human filth.
>Give examples of this ripping off
If you listen to the rapping on Dalek's Absence, you'll find that it sounds like MC Ride without the shitty yelling. It's slightly better but still bad because it's rap music. For the instrumentals, just listen to a band like Rammstein and you'll see that Death Grips stole their shitty instrumentals.
>You're absolutely going to have to elaborate how one is a better exploration of themes than the other, perhaps by actually making an analysis of the lyrics, as that seems to be your prime focus? However, as you said that they explore dark and abrasive sides of MUSIC specifically, you'd be better off making a musical analysis. Particularly of interest is how your provided example from Throbbing Gristle is intended to show the abrasive sides of music.
Well if we're going to talk more about music (which I'd rather do) let's compared Discipline to Spread Eagle Across The Block. Discipline sounds like something that could be yelled at a concentration camp while Spread Eagle Across The Block sounds like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum.
>Please provide a musical analysis of tracks from both albums, instead of just relying on the trope of "but they sound le different to my ears!!" That kind of opinion is not sufficient in an analytical context.
I don't have the time. I have to leave anyway but I will tell you this Hampus you fucking autist.

All you need to do is listen to the fucking music to get my point. This isn't /lit/.

To other people:

Please think about the image and why industrial music listeners are vastly superior to industrial hip-hop listeners.
>>
>>60754848
>Wrong. Monte Cazazza did.
Together with Porridge, at the foundation of Industrial Rercords.

>They made provocative and abrasive electronic music exploring human filth.
So did Chrome, and of course they were vastly influenced by previous acts like Lou Reed and even Kraftwerk.
>If you listen to the rapping on Dalek's Absence, you'll find that it sounds like MC Ride without the shitty yelling. It's slightly better but still bad because it's rap music. For the instrumentals, just listen to a band like Rammstein and you'll see that Death Grips stole their shitty instrumentals.
Again, "because it sounds like it" is not sufficient analysis.
>Well if we're going to talk more about music (which I'd rather do) let's compared Discipline to Spread Eagle Across The Block. Discipline sounds like something that could be yelled at a concentration camp while Spread Eagle Across The Block sounds like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum.
Again, "because it sounds like it" is not sufficient analysis.
>I don't have the time. I have to leave anyway but I will tell you this Hampus you fucking autist.
More like "I can't and now I will run away in shame because you exposed me", right? Otherwise you would have immediately substantiated your position using some quick musical analysis instead of throwing around your hilarious opinions and "it sounds lie it".
>All you need to do is listen to the fucking music to get my point. This isn't /lit/.
One more "it sounds like it" for good measure.

I think I can rest my case here, and I think it is pretty obvious to anyone who followed the discussion that you have very little clue of what you're talking about. Thanks for being so incredibly transparent about that, even though it was never your intention.
>>
>tfw autistic tripfags don't know shit about industrial music.
>>
>>60754912
Before I finally leave I have one more comment to say regarding your idiocy.

"It sounds like it" is definitely sufficient enough. Unless you have no fucking ears you can definitely tell how Death Grips are a watered down and memed up version of other industrial music in the same way that you can tell that Godspeed You! Black Emperor are a watered down version of real art music.

Of course, you're too autistic to understand this. I pity you, Hampus. Maybe one day you'll realise the true ways of an intellectual.

Au revoir
>>
>>60753987
I don't throw this word around often because it's way overused on this website, but you are literally autistic
>>
>>60754968
>Before I finally leave I have one more comment to say regarding your idiocy.
I guess perhaps you were not in such an urgency to leave after all? Why did you not spend these few minutes on providing a short analysis of the literal and musical themes that occur in both records to make a point?

>"It sounds like it" is definitely sufficient enough. Unless you have no fucking ears you can definitely tell how Death Grips are a watered down and memed up version of other industrial music in the same way that you can tell that Godspeed You! Black Emperor are a watered down version of real art music.
"It sounds like it" is not the same as an analysis of music and certainly does not reveal its "true meaning", much less conveys it to other people. It wasn't me who said industrial music listeners do this, it was you yourself, so you should be perfectly proficient in making such a musical analysis and communicating it without resorting to the simple "because it sounds like it" several time.

Or maybe, just maybe, you made a completely unsubstantiated claim that you are in no position at all to defend because you're completely out of your waters and just try to appear smart? What do I know, I'm just some guy on the internet laughing at you. Not a self-proclaimed intellectual such as yourself.
>>
This is literally the worst telephone engineer impersonation I've ever seen.
Not a SINGLE "where's your proof", "Is this really necessary" and he talks too much and actually attempts to flesh out his moot points.

This was boring.
>>
File: Disappointed .png (158 KB, 472x608) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed .png
158 KB, 472x608
>>60755023
Sigh

You'll never understand it Hampus.

You'll never understand.
>>60755031
Ahem
>>
>>60755087
>He's still here!
I thought you were in a hurry somewhere?
>>
File: Autasim.jpg (24 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
Autasim.jpg
24 KB, 277x296
>>60753987
>>
>>60755087
Oh hey it's the real you how you doing man what's up
>>
>>60755108
I do have to go because where I live I should probably be sleeping now but I'm always curious to see if you refuse to accept the truth.

I don't know if this'll be my last reply but this song goes out to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
>>60755124
Good
>>
wait is this the real TE? has the buttblasting returned?

also please don't turn TG into a meme. this board is already bad enough with Coil.
>>
>>60755148
This is the real TE. Keep in mind that my new trip is !ASUKAOV20.

And why would I turn TG into a meme? How could I even do that?
>>
fyi the phrase "watered down" just means "popular"
>>
>>60755132
You still have not produced a single piece of support for your presented position, you have failed to in any way substantiate your claims, and you have made a miserable display of your self-proclaimed abilities for deeper musical analysis (as suggested in OP). There is nothing to accept here; there hasn't even been a challenge to your position. There has only been a demonstration of how poorly you can defend yourself when challenged to elaborate on your claims.
>>
File: Error.png (12 KB, 295x32) Image search: [Google]
Error.png
12 KB, 295x32
>>60755185
>>
>>60754256
>this is supposed to be an analysis

This is neo /mu/'s problem. Just stating some opinion is somehow supposed to show a critical thought process, but nobody ever backs up the opinion. It's like writing a research paper without any citations, it's retarded.
>>
>>60755208
I thought you were leaving? There's been a good 13 minutes since your last post attempting to defend your position. Surely you could've come up with some kind of simple analysis in that amount of time, given that it is so easy for an industrial listener like yourself?
>>
>>60755250
I agree with how bad it is, but it's certainly not a new phenomenon on /mu/. It has always been like this.
>>
>>60755208
you belong on every newspaper
"Telephone engineer finally reaches so far up his own arse he becomes an anal singularity"
>>
not sure which is worse, Telephone Engineer or the person who made Magenta Circuit.
>>
>>60755282
There used to be a decent mix though, usually a couple people would be having actual discussions in a thread while others shitposted or whatever, but now that never happens. Every single thread about an album/band is just "I agree, 10/10" or "I disagree, it's shit" followed by "white, nigger, reddit, SJW" etc. /mu/ used to feel like a separate part of 4chan where certain parts of the website's culture were still there, but not nearly as prominent, but now it's just like /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>60753987
What about industrial metal listeners?
>>
>>60754051
>>60754069
>>60754140
>>60754311
>>60754647
>>60754692
>>60754912
>>60755023
>>60755108
>>60755185
>>60755253
>replying to obvious bait
i expected better from you, hampus
>>
>tfw no telephone engineer gf
>>
>>60755414
bell a qt
>>
>>60755414
industrial drone listeners
>>
>>60755436
Of course it's "bait", but is there really anything more fun than exposing hilariously poorly substantiated positions presented as "bait"? Fairly certain I upset this guy more than he upset me.
>>
well this was a fun thread

I should actually probably go sleep now

I'll probably watch one more Kare Kano episode first

have a nice day/night, /mu/
>>
>>60755535
you're a real american hero
>>
>>60755208
god youre such a faggot
>>
>>60753987
how is it bait if its obvious. thats the real deal here, bait isnt funny if we know its bait. and then you just circle around like jackass and the thread inevitable dies. at least have a point or be humorous. you just seem like a tiny prick here.
>>
>>60755846
Posts are best when they are not obviously bait (or might not be bait at all), but provides a critical narrative against the typical /mu/tant in a sufficiently vague manner that people are willing to discuss it over multiple threads to (never) come to a conclusion over the matter.

I think my pyramid is one of the greatest examples of this, if I may be a bit narcissistic. Is it bait? Who knows. What does it represent? No one knows. For how long will people keep posting it? Likely until the board dies.
>>
holy heck Hampus annihilated Telephone Engineer's bunghole
>>
>>60755915
And I didn't even attack his position, all I had to do was to ask him to elaborate on and substantiate his claims. How funny is that?
>>
File: IMG_3060.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3060.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
Industrial isn't supposed to be thought-provoking you fucking mongoloid, it's supposed to be a visceral rendition of man's relationship with post-industrial civilization.
And no, just because you have to use big words like "post-industrial civilization" to describe it doesn't mean that it's smart music for smart people. It's just music for people who feel simultaneously fascinated and angered by technology in all its forms.

You don't listen to industrial with your brain, you listen to it with your gritted teeth and your clenched fists and your fat sweaty ass. Being able to use analog sound equipment doesn't make you a fucking genius and the only thing that separates you from an EDM producer is that you're angry and aware that you're addicted to technology. That's why there's no fundamental difference between Death Grips, Foetus, Skinny Puppy, SPK, Ministy, Throbbing Gristle and Combichrist, it's all abrasive, harsh and synthetic music made by rivetheads for rivetheads.
>>
wow turns out Hampus isn't a complete dumbass
>>
>>60756202
bump
>>
>>60756731
I thought you were RIP in pepperoni
>>
>>60756783
yeee p much, I don't spend NEARLY as much time on 4chan anymore.
>>
>>60756202
>>60756731
>>60756783
>>60756811
Samefagging
>>
>>60756081
you're a fucking retard. You can't just say something isn't thought provoking and then talk about how its meant to provoke thoughts about mans relationship with technology.
>>
>>60756851
WOW REKT

Well as soon as I've finished this glass o wine, I'me (actually, as opposed to OP lmao) out of here.

So yah good bye yall
>>
This thread has made me a happy man
>>
This shit's better than reality TV.
>>
>>60753987
Lmfao, this is what non classical music listeners actually believe. Enjoy your distorted clashing trash cans
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
>>60754041
>mfw born in le wrong gen
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.