[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does this album mean to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
What does this album mean to you?
>>
Intense
>>
File: brace-yourself-small-pic.png (285 KB, 648x459) Image search: [Google]
brace-yourself-small-pic.png
285 KB, 648x459
OH NO NOT THIS KIND OF POST
>>
Nothing
>>
File: absolute madman.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
What does this picture mean to you?
>>
cultural appropriation
>>
>>60746925
It's an album about the absurdities of life in the face of the inevitability of death
>>
>>60746925
I know every part and every word of every song on this album. I hate myself and I wish for death.
>>
File: herewego.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
herewego.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>60746944
>>60746957
Get the fuck outta /mu/
>It sums up life for me.
>>
love and loss
no other album portrays those two words better than aeroplane
>>
>>60746925
My departure from hardcore.
>>
File: neutraldogehotel.jpg (276 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
neutraldogehotel.jpg
276 KB, 625x625
waht does this albuim meme to you
>>
File: nice meme.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>60747135
>>
A couple months ago, after one band practice, mean and a bunch of friends and bandmates got really high. We were all sitting there, no one talking, so I decide to put in headphones. I start listening to ITAOTS and I start crying because it's so beautiful. People were looking at me like i was crazy but it was beautiful.

At one point I take out my headphones, turn to my friend, and I shit you not I said:

>"I like to think Helen Keller wasn't fully deaf and blind. I imagine she could hear Neutral Milk Hotel, and she would stare into nothing and see patterns paint the sky, and she would just be... happy."

That was when I knew I've reached peak fucking meme.

Anyways, I'd still give it a 10/10. I'm a sucker for well-arranged albums.
>>
>>60747784
dude
>>
>>60747784
I mean the arrangements are pretty great
>>
>>60747835
I mean, I think so
Any album that has a fucking killer trumpet arrangement really gets me.

I love the horns on Hospice, I love the horns on Graceland, I love the horns on People That Can Eat People, every Miles Davis album is goat, I love even the synth horns on Purple Rain. But goddamn some of the most beautiful horns are on ITAOTS.
>>
>>60747990
>Any album that has a killer trumpet arrangement really gets me
Amen.
https://youtu.be/xLWf_NdvoxI
Trumpets here give me chills every. fucking time.
>>
Comment
>>
Something better off being asleep to.
>>
>>60746925
It's the show Adventure time in musical form
>>
>>60746925
god damn this album gives me the feels

but i have no idea what the FUCK Jeff is talking about. He's clearly schizophrenic and just wrote down shit that meant stuff to him, but is unintelligible to everyone else. I think the enigmatic lyrical content is part of what makes the album so sad. It's like being able to hear a puppy cry and whimper, but you can't see it and don't know what's causing it pain.

Anyways I always listen to this album on airplanes, that's it's only real significance to me other than it being one of my favorite all time albums.
>>
>>60747784
good post
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.