[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lessons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Should I go get guitar lessons or buy a book and teach myself?
>>
getting guitar lessons would probably be the best thing, because you at least have someone there making sure you're practicing. Buying a book wouldn't keep you from procrastinating, and a lot of the information in books you can probably find online nowadays.
>>
Teach yourself without a book, don't learn theory, pull a Don Vliet
>>
>>60744268
Get lessons for a couple months until you have the basics down, then drop the lessons
>>
>>60744311
>>60744316
Alright new question
Sheet music or tabs?
>>
Not op but I have a question. Should I take lessons to learn blues guitar I'm kinda knew and don't know we're to start
>>
Also when I strum do I strum all strings or individual string? And frets confuse me too
>>
>>60744268
Take the cheaper option first, give it a few months and then get a teacher if it doesn't work out. I've been playing for 6 years now and I never needed a teacher but people are different
>>
>>60744532
1. For chords all/mute the one you don't strum
2. Stop being confused? Idk
>>
>>60744347
I already knew how to read notations, but tabs aren't a bad way to read/write music
>>
>>60744591
Mute?

Do I put my finger on the bar or on the space in-between?
>>
>>60744268
I went the teach yourself route, its pretty fucking easy to find shit online, just make sure your using the correct technique and form because that will fuck you later on. Also it probably took me a little longer to get the basics down due to the fact that I never had any face to face instruction.
>>
>>60744462
go to justinguitar he has an entire blues section i think
>>
just learn wonderwall and thats all you'll ever need to know to get laid

works for me
>>
>>60744643
muting is probably a more advanced technique, for right now I would recommend you just get the accuracy of your strumming hand down

IE: Practice hitting only the strings you need to be hitting, muting will come later
>>
>>60744693
Not trying to get laid. I'm trying to expand my hobby's from casual masterbation and pizza to masterbating, pizza, AND guitar
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.