[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What rap would you recommend to people who dislike most rap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
What rap would you recommend to people who dislike most rap?
Pic related, anything missing?
>>
Jesus what a awful chart
>>
>there are people on this board with taste this bad
>>
Toss in some G Eazy
>>
File: un.jpg (13 KB, 449x481) Image search: [Google]
un.jpg
13 KB, 449x481
>eminem
>>
>>60726569
>>60726589
I don't like all of those albums. They're just albums I notice a lot of rap haters liking plus some out of the ordinary rap.
>>
you're giving them more reasons to dislike rap with anything off this chart
>>
>>60726528
Is this ironic?
>>
'rap for people who don't like rap' is inherently terrible and should not be recommended to anybody
>>
>>60726624

these albums and their respective crowds are so wildly different though it's like there's no point to the chart, someone who listens to MMLP or Wolf and then goes and listens to Jenny Death or Yeezus or even maybe None Shall Pass are going to think they're horrible and vice versa.
>>
A $ A P
$
A
P
>>
>>60726528
i'd maybe recommend rtj from that chart because it has slick beats but fuck it's like you make them wanna hate rap, not just dislike it
>>
>>60726528
This is a bad joke
>>
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Nas - Illmatic
A Tribe Called Quest - Low-End Theory
Madvillain - Madvillainy

Just to name a few.
>>
>>60726602
>mostly raps about hoes, money and liquor
A non rap fan would hate G Eazy
>>
>>60726528
i'd recommend oddisee, a tribe called quest, nujabes or pretty much anything like those since that's what i listen to and i can't really say i'd like rap
>>
somebody should do a video where they film the reaction of a run the memes fan upon showing them that killer mike was making music with oj da juiceman & gucci only a couple of years ago
>>
Any specific albums that I should remove?
>>
Add more shitty memerap like Bones and all the Death Grips albums
>>
>>60726778
>artists aren't allowed to change, not ever
>>
>>60726528

Things Fall Apart - The Roots
Like Water For Chocolate - Common
Stankonia - Outkast

Fou want to ease them in and not just drop Yeezus and Run the Jewels on their lap.

The Roots have a nice rock/live music band element to them to it will be even easier digesting for someone not into hip/hop rap.

Common is very good with easy to understand flow and really nice and calming samples. Also he shows really well the heart and soul and 'good' hiphop has, and how meaningful and heartfelt it could be.

And Outkast is perfect for that smooth and impressive vocal and rhyming skills, with musical notes showing just how fun hiphop and varying rap can be.

these are all classic albums and i feel will be taken well with anyone willing to give them a chance. Trust me OP
>>
>>60726528
THAT SHOULD BE MBDTF NOT YEEZUS
>>
File: 7Jyo2bf.jpg (365 KB, 2809x1873) Image search: [Google]
7Jyo2bf.jpg
365 KB, 2809x1873
>>60726528
>>>reddit

wait this was bait wasn't it?
>>
>>60726985

bump for like water for chocolate
>>
>>60726528
Nujabes
It's soulful jazz as much as hip-hop. I don't know how you couldn't enjoy his music, it's so soothing and friendly.
>>
How's this?
>>
Anything Large Professor. Masta Ace &Edo G. as a duo. J Dilla. KRS-One. GangStarr. Classified. Benefit. Sean Price. R.A. The Rugged Man. Non Phixion. Immortal Technique. Skillz.
>>
>>60727119

I'd still go with just the last 3 albums. thats quite a large list for just one person, id be overwhelmed and just not look at anything if this was me getting this list.

also take into consideration what kind of music the person already likes. their are many artists that are heavily influenced by other genres and it will make it easier for your friend to introduce him to albums that aren't tooo out there from what he likes
>>
>>60726528

Blue Scholars and Nujabes
>>
Milo and Scallops Hotel

They're the same guy, too
>>
>>60727119
Needs a Hopsin album
>>
>>60726985
dis
>>
>mackleman
>aussie hip hop
>>
>>60726528
Macklemore
Eminem
>>
why would anyone bait this hard
>>
>>60726528
some old DRE for sure
>>
File: 1447447297604.jpg (59 KB, 483x463) Image search: [Google]
1447447297604.jpg
59 KB, 483x463
>>60727119
I originally didn't like hiphop, these are some album that got me into the genre.

Nunjabes - modal soul
diabolic - fighting words
immortal technique - revolutionary 2
fugees - Blunted on reality
yung lean - unknown memories

Also I would replace run the jewels 2 with run the jewels 1, and jenny death with money store.
>>
>>60727889
>>60728461
>>
>Gambino
Might as well just put CAMP in there, you reddit faggot
>>
>>60726721
These OP

Why the fuck would you recommend Tyler and Kanye to people who don't like rap for the sexist/explicit vocals? Yeezus no, maybe replace it with MBDTF if you want to have kanye there.
Also make the death grips album TPTB rather than just jenny death, NotM displays all the technical skill which can be in hip hop
>>
linkin park
>>
File: kek.png (9 KB, 623x163) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
9 KB, 623x163
>>60728498
kek
>>
>>60728556
Wow, those odds.
>>
Not a fan of this list desu; mine would be:

a tribe called quest - low end theory
kanye - 808s
to pimp a butterfly

I'd say these 3 would be good entry points, as they're not as abrasive as some other albums and transfer well from other genres. They don't showcase many rap tropes people usually hate on either, while showing how good rap music has the ability to be. Maybe add in mmlp or nigggas on the moon but these are a bit less accessible as rap albums imo
>>
>>60728645
argh fuck every time I forget about that word-changing desu bullshit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.