[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
Make a collage with your:

>Favorite Rock album
>Favorite Metal album
>Favorite Pop album
>Favorite Electronic album
>Favorite Hip Hop album
>Favorite Funk/R&B/Soul album
>Favorite Folk album
>Favorite Jazz album
>Favorite Classical album
>Favorite Experimental album

Others rate, guess stuff, etc.
>>
Bumping while I make mine
>>
Okay I can do that
However, since 'experimental' isn't a genre, the last album is basically just a favourite album picked at random
>>
>>60716702
Why did you separate rock and metal
Why did you separate electronic and hip hop
Define ''experimental''
>>
I think your choice of genres was terrible, if you wanted to separate anything into multiple categories it should have been folk since it covers music from all over the world.

Rock/Metal are the same thing as are Electronic/Hip-Hop. Hell, you should've even specified non-electronic pop. Experimental means nothing.
>>
>>60717046
Why would you not
Why would you not
I kinda agree that experimental is mostly a non genre and maybe OP should have picked something else
>>
>>60716702
Protip: Heaven or Las Vegas is their worst album
>>
>>60717095
>Why would you not

There is more variety in classical than either.
>>
>>60717046
Are you retarded?
>>
>>60717142
No but you and OP seem to be.
>>
What is "folk"?
What is "experimental"?
>>
>>60717046
>Why did you separate rock and metal

Rock is by far the most popular genre here, so giving it two spaces isn't too unresonable.

>Why did you separate electronic and hip hop

Because they are distinct genres with their own characteristics and culture that can easily be told apart?

>Define "experimental"

Experimental is anything that doesn't fit in the other categories, i.e. Industrial, Noise Drone, Glitch, Free Improvisation, etc.
>>
>>60717121
I'm not OP but I must confess Heaven or Las Vegas is the only Cocteau Twins record I've listened to and I liked it a lot
I'm interested to hear which ones are their best in your opinion
>>
>>60717241
>Because they are distinct genres with their own characteristics and culture that can easily be told apart?

So are techno and hip hop or house and hip hop, or grime and techno. If you separate one, they all deserve to be.

Jazz and classical still warrant separation further than both.
>>
>>
ITT: Autists getting triggered by genres
>>
>things I learned in this thread
>talk talk, swans, einsturzende neubauten and this heat are rock music

seriously /mu/ you are delusional
>>
>>60717315
They are you autistic retard.
>>
>>60716702
Joanna Newsom is pop not folk you fucking retard
>>
>>60717315
Einstürzende Neubauten are a little questionable but those others are definitely rock music
>>
>>
>>60717304
I have no problem with the genres BUT, if you are going to divide rock/metal and electronic/hip hop but have just one album for 1000s years of classical, over 100 years of jazz and 80 years of soul/funk/r&b each you need to kill yourself for being such a pleb bitch.
>>
>>60717252
All of their 80's albums are better, the general consensus is that Treasure is their best but Blue Bell Knoll, Victorialand and Garlands are all great as well. Head Over Heels I'm not as big a fan of as everyone else but even that is better than Heaven or Las Vegas by a significant margin.
>>
>>60717046
>>60717228
>>60717315
>>60717340
Who the hell cares you fucking autists, just post your shit or fuck off
>>
>>60717413
see
>>60717377

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>60716702
Cocteau Twins and electric Miles Davis are rock
>>
>>60717413
Are you this much of a fucking retard? Kill yourself. Normally I'm joking when I say that on 4chan but in this situation I actually think it would be beneficial for the entire human race if you removed yourself from the gene pool.
>>
File: best albums ever.jpg (457 KB, 975x393) Image search: [Google]
best albums ever.jpg
457 KB, 975x393
>>60717287
hi rob
>>60717315
shut up already
>>60717046
who cares honestly
>>60717091
you could be even more of a pedantic silly billy and call everything that isn't art music and traditional folk "pop". so pop pop pop pop pop pop folk pop art music pop
>>60716998
that works
>>
File: ch.png (612 KB, 849x345) Image search: [Google]
ch.png
612 KB, 849x345
is glassworks considered classical? if not w/e

>>60717287
nice

>>60717091
godflesh, cromagnon, and cash are good choices
>>
>>60717451
>who cares honestly

People who have wider tastes past the meaningless 100s of rock microgenres and FotM memerap
>>
ITT: Academically certified music experts having valuable discussion about the completely objective topic of "genre"
>>
what the fuck is folk
>>
>>60717441
Buttblasted much babby boy?
>>
Rock is a subgenre of blues in case you didn't know
>>
>>60717513
acoustic gitar and singing pop rock
>>60717469
no glassworks is pop
>>
>>60717547
Blues is a subgenre of folk in case you didn't know
>>
>>60716702
Why are you separating "Music" into all those genres?
>>
>>60717451
i never imaginded you as a springsteen and colors fan
>>60717469
yeah, despite the hate minimalism gets here
>>60717315
experimental rock is still rock
>>
>>60717408
Interesting
I'll get into their 80s stuff then I guess
>>
>>60716702
>"Metal"

Seriously phaggot? You're lumping Darkthrone and Black Veil Brides in the same genre? Consider suicide.
>>
>>60717549
>acoustic gitar and singing pop rock
Not really, folk is really just lyrics/story based guitar music.
>>
>>60716702
>Separating music into aything other than Pop, Classical and Folk
>>
>>60717583
honestly brucey is the only rock musician i could think of and colors is good yeah it was the first metal album i could think of. though now i haven't thought of one i like more. so there you have it robby.
>>60717643
that's what i said chico man
>>60717682
folk is just pop music for poor people if we are being honestly with ourselves
>>
Ravel's is the only one I actually ever listen to from that Florestan Trio album. Classical "albums" are a dumb concept.
>>
>>60717282
There is much more difference between Hip Hop and Electronic than between any Electronic subgenres.

>>60717377
I chose those genres based on the taste of the general public of this site and not on historical significance, and sorry but most people here listen more to rock, metal, electronic and hip hop than classical, jazz and soul/funk/R&B. If you aren't satisfied with that, go find a better site for you.

>>60717435
'No.'

>>60717547
No, it's a distinct genre with its own characteristics.

>>60717682
What's so wrong with being specific?
>>
>>60717486
More like a bunch of insecure losers being salty on a Javanese quantum physics imageboard because they have nothing to pride themselves on besides their music "knowledge."
>>
How old is everyone?
>>
>>60718469

>>60717469
pretty sure it is, it is minimalism

>>60717451
why does the experimental album look like kayo dot choirs of the eye
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.