[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Scaruffi's page about bowie? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Piero_Scaruffi_2.jpg (7 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
Piero_Scaruffi_2.jpg
7 KB, 209x204
What do you think about Scaruffi's page about bowie? Is he really a talentless hack? Has he no merits at all, from a musical standpoint? Is scaruffi just biased or a contrarian?
>>
Its his opinion, why do you care? If you like Bowie just listen to his shit.
>>
>>60710794
yes he's everything wrong with pop and rock music, that's why I love him
>>
>>60710813
Because I care about knowing the truth about musicians I like. What the hell of a question is that?
>>
>>60710813
Are you the "why discuss everyone's got their opinion" faggot? Shit, I hate dumbasses like you who can't appreciate discussion
>>
>>60710794
scaruffi thinks berlin era bowie is best bowie. he's right about that
>>
"Life on Mars" chords:
F: xx3211
F/E: xx2211
F/Eb: xx1211
D7: xx0212
Gm: 355333
Gm/F: 1x3333
C: x32010
Ab/Eb: x66544
C/E: 032010
Fm: 133111
Ab/Gb: 2x111x
Db: x46664
F/A: x03211
Bbm: x13321
Db/B: x2x121
Bb: x13331
Eb: x68886
Gm: 355333
Gb+: 2xx332
Fm: 133111
Cm: x35543
Ebm: x68876
Gm2: xx5333
Gm/F#: xx4333
Gm/F: xx3333
Gm/E: xx2333

Ironically, Scaruffi's musical illiteracy hinders him most when he's attempting to describe straightforward pop.
>>
I think he's wrong to be honest, Bowie managed to stay popular and relevant for years and influence a lot of musicians. I think he did some great music too, Ziggy Stardust, Heroes and Hunky Dory are all really great albums.
>>
Did he really had any musical merits? What did he do that wasn't made before? Did he invent a style?

>>60710813
What's the point of you posting on /mu/ if you say that we shouldn't care for other people opinions?

>>60712127
What's your point?
>>
>>60710794
>Bowie pasta
>>
>>60712666
Fuck off.
>>
>>60712666
Bowie put in some weird chords you wouldn't expect on Life on Mars. That's it.

I like Bowie for trying different stuff constantly and making good stuff every time, but he barely has any "artistic merit" once you really get down to it. His albums from the 90s onward are actually farely original, though. Earthling was pretty good, but not genre-creating. He'll either cling to emerging sounds or create new ones from emerging sounds, basically.
>>
>>60710794
Why do people care about this faggots opinion, he has a shit taste
>>
He's a synthesized, watered down version of, well, pretty much everything he's influenced by.

He might be a qt but damn if he ain't a good thief.
>>
>>60712666
Accused by some of being a fickle changeling, a trend-follower and parasite on the originality of others, this was to misunderstand his genius, which was to catch the invisible tail of what was in the air, the dialectical motions of the pop times, and, craftsman that he ultimately was, convert it into a tangible pop narrative, a public psychodrama which mirrored the drug-addled volatility and uncontrollable momentum of his private/public life as the pop superstar of the 1970s.
>>
>>60710905
>scaruffi
>truth
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.