[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im extremely convinced that mgmt are geniuses, can anyone prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: flash delirium.gif (39 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
flash delirium.gif
39 KB, 266x200
im extremely convinced that mgmt are geniuses, can anyone prove me wrong? i know their last album was trash but congratulations (mostly pic related) makes me cream in my jeans
>>
I don't like MGMT or their fanbase. They think that they're above pop music, and that anyone who doesn't like Congratulations/self-titled must be a neon headband wearing 14 year old who has their 3 big songs slotted in between Neon Indian and Starfucker. When in fact there's too many bands that do what MGMT tried to do, but better.
>>
Both Oracular and Congratulations are top tier albums. Their 3rd album is complete trash outside of Alien Days. I hope it was just a misstep and their next album will be a return to form but I'm worried
>>
>>60699647
You're a fucking retard i hope you die
>>
>>60700195
Fuck you. I bet you wouldn't say that shit to my face faggot I'd beat the fucking shit out of you you little shit. Pussy
>>
I think so too, OP, they are one of my favorite bands, but I think they struggle with their identity and that prevents them from reaching their full potential.

They have yet to release their best album, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>60700195
But anon, everyone dies.

The real ill wish would be that you live forever, to see all your loved ones pass away, to lose familiarity and reference for passing time, to float eternally in the endless void of space long after the earth has burned and the sun gone dark. A consciousness alone with its thoughts forever, truly this is the hell you seek to curse someone with.
>>
Am I the only one that thought their recent album was fucking genius too??? The whole second half of it might be some of the most interesting stuff done by any band in this decade.
>>
>>60701440
I really like that album, some of the second half reminds me of AnCo in a good way. My only issue with it was the really weak production, I hope they go back to Sonic Boom for the next one
>>
Congratulations was just Magical Mystery Tour with modern themes
>>
>>60701486
See, I kinda thought that some of the aspects of the production being shoddy with clipping in places was their intent with it, but I suppose better production could have helped. I just want them to put something out already. Its been too long.
>>
mgmt said they want to keep experimenting further and further so i doubt they will come back to the congratulations sound
>>
File: Street Dog.gif (587 KB, 459x366) Image search: [Google]
Street Dog.gif
587 KB, 459x366
>>60699647
Name 5 bands that did what MGMT did, but better. I'm legitimately curious, as I really like MGMT and would like to know who else I should try.
>>
>>60701674
Whatever the next release sounds like, I'm sure it'll be something we don't expect. Each record so far has been a surprise when compared to previous sounds.
>>
>>60700185
>>60699541
>>60699647
Holy shit! My pleb meter is going off the charts!
>>
>>60701440
Wasn't it the first album ever to use the selly-ester watts field?
>>
>>60702032
i had high hopes for their s/t but i ended up being a letdown, looking forward to their next album
>>
>>60702521
whut is dat
>>
>>60702521
>>60702809
>wattd
>>
>>60699647
Your theory is redonkulous. I like MGMT and I like pop. I even like Neon Indian and STFKR. Tame Impala is right next to MGMT for me. MGMT's last album is out there and wont reach most fans out there but the ones that do understand wont pass it up as being fanboy/fangirl fanatics.
>>
IT FEELS LIKE
SOMEONE'S MISSING
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.