[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last thread died
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
How important do you think a band's name is? I've been trying to think of a name for my band but nothing has really come to me. Anybody else encountered something similar in the past.
Also a band name rate thread
>>
nobody gives a fuck wat your band name is. did you ever stop to think how shit a name "the beatles" is?
>>
It's kinda important, nobody gives a fuck about new bands that have "the" in their names
>>
Band name and album art is crucially important in this day and age more than ever, though they should be decided after the sound of the music comes out
>>
>>60697428

We have a feel and we're working on a demo but we dont really fit into a specific genre
>>
>>60697568
can I hear your stuff?
>>
>>60697568
at least try to describe your sound approximately
>>
>>60697866
We use traditional rock insturments no electronic stuff but we have a kind of slow funky soft sound, like all the members are half asleep. Similar to post-rock but a mit more conventional and more grunge.
>>
>>60697773
I dont have any recordings on this computer but I can play some of the guitar parts for songs.
>>
>>60697773

http://vocaroo.com/i/s14W7SusSuen

my mic is shit and the playings sloppy but here's one of the new songs we're working on
>>
A good name is tantamount to success no question
>>
>>60700129
On the way to the studio to blatantly plagiarise this right now. Thanks bro.
>>
>>60700206
Do you want the tabs
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s148MWc3SB5q

Here's the guitar from another song we wrote
>>
sounds like dadrock
>>
>>60697290
Call your band "Is That Girl Wearing Leather Shorts?"
>>
>>60700673
I was thinking more of a one or two word name
>>
>>60700697
How original.
>>
I feel like a name is fairly important. If you hear someone say a generic band name in conversation you probably won't think about it again, but if a name catches your attention you may look it up. Same with album art, it helps you notice and to me can put a fitting image of the music in my head, but that's just me
>>
>>60700739
I think a specific name has a lot less room for interpretation though.
>>
>>60700697
How about:
Leather shorts
Dusty nipples
Slippery Slides
Broken Guitars
Anal massage
messages of the anal
Ass
Butt
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.