[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Songwriters, in what mood do you think you write your best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x300
ITT: Songwriters, in what mood do you think you write your best lyrics and what genre do you write?

Personally, I rap and I write best when I'm in a calm state of mind so I can focus on technical lyricism.
>>
yo check it out now bigot

we came to put an end to racism you little nigglet

i have so much weed in my blood stream they call me the realist nigga alive

when i come thru the hood you better not strive
>>
>>60697012
FAGGOT BRUCE YEE
>>
When I feel a lot of emotion. It's very brief though, and I end up not writing much, but it's the only way I write stuff that just seems acceptable to me. Usually it's when I feel pretty sad and I'm struggling to justify my life, and something just comes to mind and I jot it down. Also the pains and heartbreak of daily life occasionally create a few phrases in my head that I'll write down. I guess I'm pretty inconsistent.
>>
>>60696970
I just chug like half a liter of coca cola and start playing around with whatever pops into my head.
>>
I can't write lyrics for shit, my mind goes blank every time I want to write something. On the other hand I'm very good at coming up with melodies and putting songs together from nothing, I tend to go on short random bursts of creativity
>>
>lyrics
>good

kill yourself

>rap

kill yourself slowly
>>
>high as fuck
>>
I'm a visual artist, but I make work best in a distraction free environment. I don't listen to music while i work, I don't have my phone with me, and if I'm doing some graphic design work on the computer I don't open anything besides the programs I'm using
>>
Wut, do you guy still write lyrics????
What do the fuck ya think this is, the 19th century?
Stop being pussies and use your voice for singing like animals having sex, or buzz or something.
>>
>>60697087
godtier faggot
>>
>>60697181
Did you forget to take your autism medication?
>>
I drink a ton of caffeinated drinks until i'm tweaking the fuck out and then I just write anything that comes to mind.
>>
>>60696970
I have to be in an individual spiritual mindset to write lyrical miracles.
>>
>>60696970
I can write any old time at all. Sit down in the middle of a park and look around. You'll find a story worth writing about, even if it's mediocre at its climax and it doesn't really lead you anywhere in particular. You develop a voice and find a poetic rhythm that works for you. You'll eventually be able to jot out lyrics standing in line for a coffee without really thinking about it, and when you do think about it, it'll be in song. The best lyrics you'll write are often the ones you almost didn't end up writing because you were looking for a particular time to start in. You can't wait until the spirit bites you, because you may not even be able to recognize what that feels like when time comes around. The best authors keep journals, ya know.
>>
>>60698736
Mind, when I say that I can write whenever I feel like it, I'm certainly not implying that I spool out masterpieces end on end. But, I digress, this is my two cents on the subject.
>>
>>60698736
solid advice here OP desu

keeping a diary is also a good idea, just so you have a place where you can vent out and be disgustingly sincere with yourself
>>
I told you very clearly on /lit/ that rap is lazy music and it doesn't require any talent to write. I'm not going to tell you again, but I will tell you to fuck off and get some taste
>>
>>60698802
Rap isn't really music. I mean, some of it could be considered closer to music than the rest of (quite a bit of hip-hop, for example), but rap is really just poetry set to beat. I don't think it's lazy at all personally. I feel like it can be even more expressive than song in some ways, when utilized efficiently anyway. The content can just be more full. It's easier to fit a larger idea into a rap because the mode of entertainment is speech. Just that. Sure, the beat plays a part in the trance of it all, but the rap is what's important. I don't know. Good rap is just as good as good music sometimes.
>>
>>60698779
OP here, I do kinda the same thing. Honestly I've written whole verses because I accidentally realized that two random things rhyme. Not my best work, but work nonetheless. I've filled up maybe three or four notebooks with lyrics. And that doesn't even include the lyrics in my phone. I've only been writing in notebooks for about three months maybe.
>>
>>60698802
>lazy music
>most complex genre of music

Right
>>
>>60698895
>set to beat

doesn't this make it music though?
>>
>>60698961
I don't know what your definition of music is, but to me it carries a heavier weight with more ideas than just a beat. It's pretty subjective though.
>>
>>60698802
If anyone would like to argue their point further, then >>60696979 there you go, but otherwise, back to writing shit down about writing shit down.
>>
>>60698736
This, seriously
>>
>>60696970
Tired and sleepless after spending the whole night awake and at just about 5-6 am that's when the material comes easiest.
>>
>>60698937
>most complex genre of music
How can someone be so wrong?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.