[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rolling overrated stones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: sticky.jpg (96 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
sticky.jpg
96 KB, 900x900
most overrated album I ever listened to. I gave this album so many chances over the past 5 years, just tried again.

As 'Blues Rock' it sucks. As rock in general, it sucks.

This album has no memorable riffs, solos, harmonies, melodies, nothing. Mick Jagger's vocals are nothing special. Keith Richards sucks.

Why is the band forever compared to The Beatles? The Beatles did more for rock then any other band between 63-69.

Also this is suppose to be a contender for best album of 1971? LOL? Really?

Here's some albums which are classics from 71.

- Master of Reality - Black Sabbath
- Who's Next - The Who
- Hunky Dory - David Bowie
- Songs of Love and Hate - Cohen
- Fragile - Yes
- Aqualung - Tull
- Tago Mago - Can
- Fillmore - Allman Bros
- Pawn Hearts - VDGG
- In the Land of Pink - Caravan
- Fireball - Deep Purple
- Straight Life - Hubbard

Should I go on?

This band is beyond overrated.

Recommend me another album by this band. There must be one better than this shit.
>>
exile on main street is their best but if you somehow are so gay that you can't love brown sugar, then you will be disinterested in that as well
>>
rolling stones really do kinda suck IMO idk I don't hate them or anything but I would rather listen to almost any other rock band

kiss is better
>>
the stones are the only band truly worthy of the dadrock title
>>
>>60694305
>Can't You Hear Me Knocking
>No memorable riffs or solos

Dude. You're smoking crack on another planet.
>>
who cares, dude its just music
>>
>>60694393
its decent its not a classic.

This album is suppose to be their crowning achievement and a 'classic.' its not.

>>60694535
2nd most boring song on the album after Moonlight Mile.

>>60694647
you know you are on /mu/ right..?
>>
>>60694797
imo it's their last good album and the beginning of a really long downward spiral. Definitely not their crowning achievement. Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Beggar's Banquet, TSMR, and Let It Bleed are all better.

But seriously, how can you say that there are no memorable riffs when the album opens with Brown Sugar?
>>
OP seems like you went into the album forcing yourself to hate it
>>
>>60694305
Not a huge fan but stuff like Sister Morphine, Shine a Light, She's a Rainbow, and Gimme Shelter, are definitely great songs.
>>
my Exile on Main Street CD hasn't left the car in almost two years.

>melodies
WIIIILD HORSES
>>
>>60695018
what is your favorite out of those?

>>60695070
I've been listening it spread out over 5 years. I always give every band a chance and I don't just do 1 listen and then toss it in the recycle bin. this record is beyond overrated as far as im concerned.

>>60695090
there are good songs, nothing is a classic and nothing is on the level of the Beatles.
>>
>>60694305
You didn't even list Tapestry, Songs of Love and Hate, LA Woman, or Blue. And you have the nerve to trash Sticky Fingers, the album with fucking Brown Sugar, Sway, Wild Horses, and Can't You Hear Me Knocking in the first four tracks? NOT TO MENTION considering anything from the likes of Deep Purple and Jethro Tull "classic".

Don't you have a Fender to fondle?
>>
>>60695297
In fact though, I forgot Tumbling Dice. Tumbling Dice is GOAT
>>
File: cover.jpg (5 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
5 KB, 228x221
>>
>>60694797
>Moonlight Mile
>boring
FUCK YOU dude that song is playing at my funeral being sung by a choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gy3PH4Sf6g
>>
>>60695369
WWWWWWWWWWWWHAT THE FUCK!?!!?!?!?!???!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>60694489
Kill yourself cunt.
>>
>>60694393
>gay
Typical shit for brains stones fan
>>
>>60695328
Stand Up by Tull is 10x the Blues Rock record Sticky Fingers is kid.
>>
>>60695328
>nothing is a classic

that isn't up for you to decide
>>
>>60695969
Yes it is. Especially when considering the amount of quality albums from 1971.
>>
>>60696068
sticky fingers > every album you listed but Tago Mago
>>
the rolling stones were much stronger as a singles band. i would recommend their compilations over any single album
>>
>>60696105
delusional.
>>
the stones are the epitome of a greatest hits band
all their albums are fucking worthless as a whole
>>
>>60698119
exactly this.

Just get one of their greatest hits albums.

or better yet make a spotify/youtube playlist of those songs.
>>
>>60698119
Exile and TSMR are at least decent records. At least.
>>
You're looking at this album in hindsight. At the time; phenomenal.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.