[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Talk Talk had released another album after Laughing Stock,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: BugGDHcIgAA4A-l.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BugGDHcIgAA4A-l.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
If Talk Talk had released another album after Laughing Stock, would it have been as good? Were they right to leave it there? Hollis' solo release is just as strong in my opinion, and the 'O' Rang releases were pretty cool too. Did they have it in them to create one last hurrah and complete a trilogy?
>>
File: 1448698444101.jpg (26 KB, 400x459) Image search: [Google]
1448698444101.jpg
26 KB, 400x459
[spoiler]hex is a better version of laughing stock[/spoiler]
>>
>>60693969
you mean spirit of eden is a better version of laughing stock
>>
>>60693969
Hex is like Spirit of Eden/Laughing Stock with all of the interesting stuff removed.

>>60693990
Think it's really personal preference. I find Laughing Stock darker and more varied.
>>
>>60693892
What else could they have done after Laughing Stock?
>>
>>60693892
If there would have been a third one, Hollis' solo record probably wouldn't have existed. It's too bad the way things went with Hollis anyway.
>>
>>60693892
whats the point in discussing hypotheticals like this?
>>
>>60694118
What's the point in anything?
>>
>>60693892
It would probably be a mixture of .O.Rang with Mark Hollis' solo album.
>>
>>60694246
Sounds dope
>>
>>60694214
go to bed Earl
>>
Laughing Stock is the logical conclusion to music tbqhhh

There is not one single piece of music released since that even comes close.
>>
>>60694687
True
>>
>>60694027
>Hex is like Spirit of Eden/Laughing Stock with all of the interesting stuff removed.
exactly, like why would I listen to Hex when I can listen to Laughing Stock, Spirit of Eden, or Mark Hollis
>>
>>60694027
Spirit of Eden is morning, Laughing Stock is dusk

Even the covers are representative of this
>>
>>60694246
>>60694457
Sounds trill.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.