[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are LPs dying? Seems like the past few years have failed to really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: KARLHEINZ.jpg (57 KB, 616x475) Image search: [Google]
KARLHEINZ.jpg
57 KB, 616x475
Are LPs dying? Seems like the past few years have failed to really deliver many solid full-lengths.

Lot's of great singles and EPs, but albums falling by the wayside. Probably has a lot to do with the format most people listen to music via these days (spotify/pandora) ADHD riddled music industry
>>
Nah
>>
>>60686203
HMMM concentrate on releasing 4-5 great tracks
or 12+ tracks that are hit and miss...........
>>
>>60686203
watch em make a comeback in the underground once the T P P takes away other means of indipendant music distribution
>>
Yeayeayea, the same talk that the LP is going to hell and the single or the EP is taking over but I still don't see it happening in no genre and mostly with shitty singular artists. I don't know in what universe you all live but to me most EPs have been either good or "meh" as fuck, and other musicians that appear to be working in a dynamic that is on the contrary direction to LPs such as acts that release one single after the other like Skrillex and Deadmau5 still are putting out full LPs (not saying those albums are good though).

"The album is dead" is just like saying "Rock is dead" or some shit on these lines. Some will defend it, maybe seriously or maybe for shits and giggles, but in the end they are still there.
>>
>>60686203

Full LPs still sell by the truckload so this is an entirely baseless assumption.
>>
it's not ADHD riddled, we just have the internet now. Bands and artists are able to connect with their fans on a much more day-to-day basis, so why should they hold onto songs until they have the industry predetermined amount to fill an LP?
>>
There's probably going to be a lot more singles and eps, only because there's a lot more artists, mediocre artists mind you. LPs will always be more "valuable" to the music fans, and as long as artists put out full length albums they will always be here.
>>
>>60686329
An lp is art in the whole, it's also just a more organized and convenient system for music fans. Artists who just throw random shit out there every 5 minutes usually suck
>>
cds are back in style.

Vinyl culture has been appropriated by mainstream plebs, and is now pretty lame.

CDs also provide a greater profit margin for artists.
>>
File: smile.jpg (16 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
16 KB, 300x199
>>60686486
>Vinyl culture has been appropriated by mainstream plebs, and is now pretty lame.

Hipsters are sickening
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.