[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/mu/ is now full of teenagers who listen to (c)rap and p(o)op
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_mqwe7H7uiqfjochc78d.png (650 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqwe7H7uiqfjochc78d.png
650 KB, 1080x1080
>/mu/ is now full of teenagers who listen to (c)rap and p(o)op
What happen?
>>
Internet make full of babby for new LOL
>>
I really don't know why people mostly listen to the same pop music on /mu/. You would think with the internet anyone could listen to whatever they wanted. I guess it's just easier to do what everyone else does.
>>
>>60684603
Better than being full of teenagers who listen to indeh rawk and avant-bullshit 2bh
>>
Everything is the same as it ever was. Anything of use on this board has to be slushed out from the shit, anyway. It's one of the things I like about here.
>>
Hip hop became acceptable for some reason and it was a slippery slope into shit
>>
>>60684603
>>60684654
Metal confirmed for the patrician genre
>inb4 it's for children
>>
File: 2015-11-29_134322.png (554 KB, 1243x1511) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_134322.png
554 KB, 1243x1511
hey you really post some great threads OP thanks for your contribution
>>
naw i like great music
>>
Just trends. I started browsing /mu/ five years ago when I was 14. It was mostly the same content wise except the topics were different. I remember the "essentials" were a lot bigger back then - especially Radiohead. This is the first time I've gone on /mu/ in a year or two. But holy fuck, you guys alway used to spout memes but my god guys...
>>
>>60684699
lmao /mu/ doesnt even listen to good metal
>>
>>60684626
> and avant-bullshit
No.
>>
File: unnamed-2.jpg (139 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-2.jpg
139 KB, 807x807
Easy a bunch of redditors heard about/mu/ and flocked over in a group which is why the catalog is ducked and full of 10 post threads and why >>60684626>>60684654>>60684641>>60684690>>60684699 post like how "4channers" are supposedly like. Also some of the best albums of this year are pop. So post best pop albums from this year
>>
File: 1379963649520.gif (548 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
1379963649520.gif
548 KB, 209x204
Years of spoonfeeding and anti-elitism like this >>60684654 lowered or at least held back the acceptable common denominator of taste on here to what you see now. Nothing in the general taste of /mu/ changed much because everyone just keeps listening to the same stuff.

Only generals dwell into their genres now beyond entry level, the rest of the board is full of people barely interested in music who are afraid of even trying to form a taste by listening to anything that's not on the rym/rolling stones top 100 and project their insecurities to make everyone who got over that stage seem like le avant-teen or tryhard faggot.
It's what happened when all the trips got pushed off, at least with trips on no one wanted to be ridiculed for their bad or generic taste so people tried to know or at least appear like they know their shit beyond what everyone else knew. Without competition there is no progress.
>>
>>60684833
you have a point but taste in music shouldn't be a competition, that's retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1GC-EVStCc
>>
(◕‿-) memes (◕‿-)
>>
>>60684875
dope
>>
>>60684833
You can't form taste, you born with it pham
>>
>>60684857
Oh of course it shouldn't, but in any hobby there is some competition to learn or be more knowledgeable.

I'm not talking olympics with people trying to out shit fling each other with the next big lowercase record but in the same way you wouldn't want to be an active member of a woodworking forums for years and years and still be posting yourself making the same stuff you did when you just joined with no progress. It's not a competition per say but there is some drive to either leave if you aren't interested in it enough to get further into or improve and dwell more into the hobby so you aren't ridiculed. This creates a community of people who want to better themselves in their hobby, either to impress or to not fall behind.

>>60684918
nah, you might be bored with the predispositions to "get taste" but thats it, rest is environment and mindset
>>
>>60684739
Hahahahhahaha
>>
>>60684897
Never seen or heard of it, is it in the charts?
>>
>>60684985
yeah but see i don't care what the "community" is up to, i go my own way.
>>
>>60684753
What's some good metal bands?
>>
>>60685050
fuck off
>>
>>60684985
I'm curoius, you say shit like anti elitism or reposting of the same albums makes it so the community or it's tastes never progress. Yet if you've actually browsed /mu/ for a while then you'd know that while some stuff gets talked about or brought up more often ( like mucore or new releases) shit often fades really fast and doesn't really come back until the end of the year where people play catch up. I mean there may be a couple of threads here and there but when shit like Benji or To be Kind was released last year that was all anyone talked about most, but people have moved on and are looking forward to shit this year. Honestly this is one of the best years for music in a while and if you can't get behind that I'm sorry.
>>
>says the tumblr toad op
>>
>>60685056
shit taste confirmed
>>
File: 1384980242108.jpg (38 KB, 565x600) Image search: [Google]
1384980242108.jpg
38 KB, 565x600
>>60685023
Well that's all fine and good but after a while when you had already gone your own way this place loses any value if
everyone keeps posting the same few albums you've heard dozens of times for years drowning out any further discussion.

It ends up being a good jumping point but after you start getting taste it's just as useless as dadrock forums after one got over a dadrock faze.

>>60685064
Yeah this year is pretty great but you can't really call massive interest in the biggest newly released non-pop albums anything but natural. Tons of less hyped releases are completely ignored or get a few threads which get no replies, the problem is lack of variety not lack of quality of the few albums that do get discussed. Notice although yeah this year had tons of good albums pretty much all the ones /mu/ really went crazy over were the ones released by already established /mu/core artists.
>>
>>60684603
Its always been like this.
>>
File: SE BON KI RA.png (254 KB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
SE BON KI RA.png
254 KB, 334x357
Check out this metal song. It has one of the greatest guitar solos ever at 3:00 mins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGCXA1Igbg
>>
>>60685182
you're absolutely right. only reason i still come here to this day is to funpost.
>>
File: Killing_Joke_-_Pandemonium.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Killing_Joke_-_Pandemonium.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
This album came out the same year Rammstein began their career. You can say it inspired them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2sttBzip-8
>>
File: MI0003062908.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003062908.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
This is one of my favorite albums ever. Every single song is catchy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naUAuptzUb4
>>
File: PYLON-standard70.jpg (457 KB, 993x993) Image search: [Google]
PYLON-standard70.jpg
457 KB, 993x993
This is a great indie like song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L-oeWhl5Vg
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.