[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
talk about your first time listening to this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: timhecker_virgins_vF.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
timhecker_virgins_vF.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>>
boring, and it still is
>>
>>60678042
pretty great amongst albums for relaxation, but nothing more
>>
entry level hecker

listen to Radio Amor, or Ravedeath, pleb
>>
>>60678072
seconded on radio amor
>>
>>60678042
I can no longer listen to Ravedeath without breaking down, so now Virgins is the album of his I love most
>>
I thought Tim Heidecker made it

I was severely disappointed when I found out the truth
>>
Confused first but love it now
>>
>>
opener is so amazing
>>
HECKER Is GOD
>>
Totally unremarkable album
Fantanodrones please leave
>>
Took me so many listens to get into this love it now
>>
It was night-time and i was driving up a mist-shrouded mountain while it snowed. shit fucked me up real deep. i had to stop at one point, take off my headphones, and just let everyone else know that i was having a crazy borderline religious experience because of this new album i found.
>>
This is hilarious how many of you think this is a special album like you've never listened to a single artistic album release before
>>
>>60678341
what
>>
>>60678356
This album has nothing special or new one it like holy shit
>>
I like to have sex with this album
>>
The aesthetic of this album makes me think of a diamond reflecting light in all directions, or being in a cathedral and standing in the light of those colour tinted windows that depict biblical figures
>>
>>60678368
i mean why do you think this is relevant? does music need to bring something new to the table every time to be liked and appreciated?
>>
File: kanye-wtf.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kanye-wtf.gif
796 KB, 500x281
I sitting in my room and the air conditioning was blowing in my face and then the opener started playing and my lsd kicked at the same time the pulsating bits started it was the most overwhelming experience ever.
>>
>>60678042
Radio Amor > Mirages > Haunt Me

I'm listening to Harmony In Ultraviolet for the first tme right now, but I really like all of Tim Hecker's stuff so far.
>>
>>60678394
Yeah for it to be a mindbowlingly good one it does idiot
>>
yes otherwise we do not progress. Innovation is neccesary
>>
>>60678409
who the fuck itt said this album was mindblowing?
>>
>>60678416
fuck this
>>
>>60678443
Gee I fucking wonder
>>60678215
>>60678315
>>
>>60678478
those are clearly ironic
>>
>>60678388

this is very on point

i was floored and scared the shit out of me on first listen
>>
im on the unpopular opinion that tim hecker is the most important figure in electronic music today
>>
>>60679272
Even OPN is more important than him
>>
>>60678090
kek

i think tim and eric did a What's In My Bag? and tim picked out tim hecker because it sounded like his name
>>
>>60678072
>Implying Harmony in Ultraviolet isn't his best album ever
>>
>>60679463
yeah they did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5klavOcjBxo
>>
I didn't know what to make of it at first. Virgins is so different from his previous works, idk if I'd even consider it an ambient album. It's still not my favorite Hecker album, but I do think it's pretty amazing. This guy has yet to put out anything close to a bad album.
>>
>>60679373
fucking end your life you tmt droning faggot
>>
I used to like Tim hecker but he's actually fucking trash
>>
Really atmospheric and neat, not what I was expecting by the way I've seen it talked about.

I enjoyed it, don't really see why so many people are shitting on it it was a pretty stellar album, aesthetically if anything.
>>
Really really really enjoyed it.

but there is this noise thats used periodically throughout the album that sounds a lot like the beeping noise my kettle makes when my water is heated.

So on my first listen I kept pausing it to see if my kettle was really going off, wasn't sure if it was the album or if I was hearing things or what...
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.