[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hip-hop is objectively one of the worst if not the worst genre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNzE0NzIzODU0.jpg (99 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNzE0NzIzODU0.jpg
99 KB, 1200x1200
Hip-hop is objectively one of the worst if not the worst genre of music

It requires very little talent to make and it's generally the same old tired bullshit that's been made a million times already which just shows how much artistic merit it actually has. Most rappers just rap for the money, fame and women and don't give a fuck about using it as a platform for self-expression unlike in other genres. Ultimately it is basic derivative garbage that is mainly aimed at plebs.

Discuss.
>>
Discuss what, your shit taste? Nothing wrong with rap, there are some great artists out there.
>>
>>60674784
Name them.
>>
Rock is objectively one of the worst if not the worst genre of music

It requires very little talent to make and it's generally the same old tired bullshit that's been made a million times already which just shows how much artistic merit it actually has. Most bands just play for the friends, fame and hookups and don't give a fuck about using it as a platform for self-expression unlike in other genres. Ultimately it is basic derivative garbage that is mainly aimed at plebs.
>>
>>60674794
Not that guy, but try listening to Reasonable Doubt by Jay Z or Illmatic by Nas.

Those two albums alone made me appreciate hip-hop/rap. Not only are they intelligible, but they're both extremely intelligent artists who are fully aware of the derelict conditions which they grew up within. They rap about complex and considerably difficult topics, such as morality, poverty, maturity, etc.

There's a reason why these two albums are lauded. Illmatic is considered by many to be the crown jewel of ALL of east coast hip hop. Many will say that it's the best hip hop album ever conceived.
>>
>>60674810
>Rock is more pleb than rap

Lol gtfo and go back to KTT you retard
>>
>>60674715
it is, and I admit to being a pleb for loving it.
does this fill the hole in your heart?
>>
>>60674715
;^)

Come back to /mu/ once you've realised that the world doesn't revolve around your unpleasant self-centred world view. Live and let live buddy.
>>
>>60674715
Wagner was a literal piece of shit human being, being broke for his lifetime, loaning and never repaying his friends and sleeping with the wifes of his friends, and somehow gained acceptance of his friends and family by composing music. He was way worse than any contemporary hip hop stars. He was a literal asshole.

But yeah, he composed some of the best music known to humankind ever.

5/5 troll would rage again
>>
>>60674921
He's doing the same shit op was doing you dumb fuck faggot.
You could do this shit for any genre under the sun.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 350x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 350x361
fuck wagner
>>
If this is so easy, I hope you'll be dropping that top 10/10 hip-hop album.
I'll wait OP
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.