[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do metal fans hate Hunter Hunt-Hendrix/Liturgy? Honest question,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: liturgy.png (297 KB, 658x391) Image search: [Google]
liturgy.png
297 KB, 658x391
Why do metal fans hate Hunter Hunt-Hendrix/Liturgy? Honest question, I don't know much about the gnere or the band, I just stumbled across their wiki and started reading his declaration thing and it's weird af
>>
>>60668410
he's a pretentious douchebag

Saw liturgy live over the summer, tho...they're pretty good
>>
>>60668410
Anyone who made this is a hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6G1QAJ6ntk
>>
The same reason people hate new things in general, because they threaten the status quo.
>>
Also, did he make up these terms or are these accepted terms in metal "lore?" In reference to his chapter in Hideous Gnosis
>>
>>60668519
There are many experimental metal bands that re repsected
Because they are not shit
>>
Aesthethica and Renihilation are great. Metalfags are just boring fucks
>>
they hate em cuz they ain't em
>>
>>60668519
>>60668572
I bet those people have heard less than 20 metal albums
>>
>>60668565
I'm also referring to the fact that metal purists like to pick on him because he has a pretty effeminate affect, an Ivy League background and a penchant for academic interpretations of music, which goes against the kind of shared idea of letting music speak for itself, which I think is especially present in black metal.
>>
File: Status quo.jpg (8 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Status quo.jpg
8 KB, 200x194
>>60668519
Don't talk shit mister
Status Quo are way better than this shit
>>
>>60668410
Because he's a crazy cunt that makes annoying music
>>
because of cringe shit like this --> >>60668597
>>
>>60668519
>status quo
Do you even know the meaning of that?
>>
>>60668503
jesus christ, reminds me of that fucking scene band with the keyboards and the brightly coloured hair
>>
>>60668607
>which goes against the kind of shared idea of letting music speak for itself

How about you speak for yourself
>>
>>60668629
He's right though
Liturgy is only liked by hipsters who know little about metal and experimental music
>>
>>60668445
>pretentious
>good live
something doesn't add up
>>
>>60668686
It's not though.
>>
>>60668634
I say status quo because he's re-appropriating a genre of metal that's very rooted in tradition, arguably making it a bit more accessible (hardly, though), but he's doing new things with it, which purists don't like. And the fact that he's made his thoughts on his music public is what's created this backlash, if he had never published any writing we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So when I say status quo I'm not talking about large-scale, societal oppression, but it's not like terms are restricted to one single meaning, so I'm referring to the status quo of black metal.

>>60668660
I am
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.