[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
???Loveless???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: loveless.jpg (202 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
202 KB, 1500x1500
Okay /mu/tants let's have a discussion

What format is the best for loveless?

Ive heard that the Vinyl pressings are fucked in some way?

TL;DR which pressing/version should you buy and why
>>
Loveless is a bad album sorry.
>>
>>60660962
96kbps wma files on my zune with the headphones that always don't work in one ear but I never buy new ones because I dont have a job
>>
>>60661231
>>>/b/
>>
The first LP issues are the best. Runner up are the more accessible Japanese bootlegs.

German boots and Plain reissues are shit.
>>
>>60660962
fuck foff wiht your overrated band shoegaze is deadd kid
>>
>>60660962
I have a double CD, one disc with the album remastered and the other disc is the mastered version from the original analog tapes, they both sound 10/10.
>>
>>60662602
Yeah, what's up with that.
I get that the remaster put the recording into a stereo format, whereas loveless was originally pretty much mono (this version is nearly impossible to find, I can't locate it).

What's the main difference between the two CDs in the pack? Is there an audible difference?
>>
>>60662602
I thought Loveless was recorded in a DAT tape, which is digital
>>
>>60662626
I just checked the CD now, the first CD is the album remastered from the original tapes, and the second CD is the album mastered from the original 1/2 inch analogue tapes. There is definitely an audible difference from a quick listen, but I would have to listen to the discs back to back to pin point every difference. I'm assuming these versions of albums are the definitive editions and sound the best. I know people love vinyl, but I would just stick with the double CD for loveless. It sounds flawless on CD.
>>
>>60662669
>and a previously unreleased ½-inch analogue tape.

Nevermind
>>
>>60660962
I have the original UK pressing sounds good but i don't think my current Stereo system would really pick up on amazing quality, i need to upgrade since my turntable is good quality
>>
My copy of it is a UK CD from 1991, I always thought it sounded great
>>
>>60661231
How can anyone hate this album? Baka
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.