[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shit tier song >aimless music video that takes advantage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 619x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 619x412
>shit tier song
>aimless music video that takes advantage of current crisis with no real message (this is coming from someone who is not anti-refugee btw)

Is she, dare I say it, finished?
>>
Nah. The video was also recorded way before the current crisis.
>>
>>60653181
on the contrary, she just got promoted and sponsored by doing this.
>>
>>60653181
She's good. Fuck off racist
>>
File: 1447609300138.png (876 KB, 577x625) Image search: [Google]
1447609300138.png
876 KB, 577x625
she's good
she's also qt as fuck and I want to marry her
>>
File: polbeingpol..png (79 KB, 837x201) Image search: [Google]
polbeingpol..png
79 KB, 837x201
>>60653181
Nice try /pol/. You guys are shitscared that the song/video is going to receive positive responses from music publications, so you're pulling out all the stops to ensure people shit on her. Whether it's in regard to the content the song, the actual refugee crisis, the quality of the song, or her ethnic background.
>>
garbage poo in the loo memerap desu
>>
Her last good album was Maya, so yeah, she's pretty much finished
>>
>>60653284
see >>60653280
>>
the tumblr is real in this thread.
>>
>>60653279

please don't involve maya in all this waifu bullshit compadre
>>
>>60653284
apparently she isn't indian is what I got told last time
>>
>>60653313
>if you dont like this song you must be a stormnigger

I'll wait for the other tracks but the first single is meh.
>>
>>60653370
Swords is the first single
>>
>>60653280
>WE NEED AN ARMY
the best thing about maya is that she triggers spergs
>>
ok this song sucks ass
>>
>>60653370
Nice strawman. Read the post I replied to.
>>
>>60653387
I'll listen to it right now and report back with my opinion
>>
the video documents the refugee experience with a lot of lofty, creative imagery. It doesn't aim to have a singular little message for your simple head, OP. Every single relevant music publication is giving it coverage, largely positive. >>60653227 is right.
>>
>>60653279
Would blanda upp to be honest
>>
Don't get all the h8 for the song, I think it's quite effective.

Wanna know what happened to this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG34PMuhTRY
>>
>>60653637
Fuck off reag
>>
we might as well be kanyetothe now...
>>
>>60653913
>triggered
>>
MIA's too creative to ever be finished. If she's not being a musician, she'll just start directing films.
>>
>>60654171
yea right here this guy

she's been out of the spotlight before, thrives in underground/outsider position. if she popflops it'll only improve the quality of her work imo.

also didn't she have a doc coming out soon?
>>
File: tumblr_mjitxl7T6M1rasr8qo1_1280.jpg (115 KB, 968x684) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjitxl7T6M1rasr8qo1_1280.jpg
115 KB, 968x684
>>60654245
>also didn't she have a doc coming out soon?
it seems to be in a perpetual state of "coming soon", but the director was saying he's in the final stages of editing now. The original doc was 28 hrs long and he's been molding it into a 2hr experience since. I imagine it'll be release early to mid 2016. Can't wait desu
>>
>>60653181
>this is coming from someone who is not anti-refugee
Nice, thanks for supporting the demise of the Western world.
>>
>>60653765
Songs shouldn't be effective, they should be good. It's a shit song pushing an agenda.
>>
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6695011/28ec7b05/met_open_poorten.html
>>
>>60654465
>The song should be good.
Well the song is good.
>muh agenda
>>
>>60653280
man I really need to get off this website. /pol/ is becoming an increasingly large part of 4chan, even branching out into the real world with Roof and those guys who shot those BLM protestors. Even something comparatively innocuous like that... tonnes of vitriolic, racist shit spammed at artist you really like. I dunno man. It's weird to think that I discuss music with these people
>>
>>60654737
needs subtlety

1/10
>>
>>60654737
Anti /pol/ posters are more annoying than /pol/ posters senpai
Accusing every post you don't like as /pol/ is cringe
>>
>>60654863
I'm literally replying to a post that is screenshotted from /pol/, you centrist fuck.
>>
>>60654737
Being against mass immigration from the home of the world's largest terrorist group isn't racism.
>>
wasupwitthat
>>
shit video tbhfam
>>
>>60654952
hating on her for being from sri lanka is pretty racist which most people there actually do.

but i dont like the song either sound wise
>>
>>60655906
When the fuck did I say that a) I hated her, and b) I hated her because she's from Sri Lanka? I really enjoy a lot of MIA's songs (even though this one is shit) and she obviously isn't a terrorist, so why would I hate her?
>>
>>60653181

She has been finished for years senpai. I still remember all her whining after this was published /www.nytimes.com/2010/05/30/magazine/30mia-t.html?
>>
>>60655958
learn to read, im not talking about you but people at 4chan hating on her. the post you replied to talked already mentioned that
>>
>>60656059
i don't blame her, lynn hirschberg is a vile cunt
>>
>>60656059
that's so cynical of diplo

like he wonders around and passes himself off as this goofy white guy who's harmless, but the way he's treated M.I.A. over the years is disgusted.
>>
>>60656063
Ah, I had a feeling I was misreading your post. I dislike le /pol/ brigaders too.
>>
I wish she wasn't seen as "that girl who sang paper planes" because Arular is actually good shit, so underrated.
>>
>>60656133
its so annoying really but you just learn to ignore it eventually
>>
>>60656120
he's also contributed very little to her albums when you take a closer look, 90% of his contributions are alongside switch who is the one with the actual talent
>>
has she become a meme now?
>>
>>60656161
I think Diplo is credited on like 6 songs across her four albums. Relative to the work he's done, the amount of credit he's got is mad. As you say, most of her stuff in general is done with Switch. Like she purposefully limited Diplo's presence on Kala because she felt he was too controlling, which when you look at the stories of him trashing hotel rooms and shit, were very reasonable worries.

Funny that when Switch left Major Lazer it kind of went to shit too. top 40 bangers that Diplo gets his Mad Decent boys to ghost produce for him. A shame, Guns Don't Kill People is a brilliant little record
>>
>>60656202

She has been a meme since 2004, kido
>>
>>60656293
if you were bumping Piracy Funds Terrorism in 2004 then you're certifiably hipâ„¢
>>
I like that she's commenting on the Syrian refugees, but her delivery in the song is too lazy and weak, and she usually has great style, but in this video it's awful
I actually thought her last two albums were her best, so I hope she's not going downhill

and before the whiny /pol/ retards start bitching at me for not being a neo-fascist, I actually am for a military retaliation against ISIL and I'm completely against any PC movements against freedom of speech, but I'm also sympathetic to the Syrian refugees, I'm for universal healthcare, Bernie Sanders is the only candidate I like, I think the US needs to develop a relationship with Iran, I studied international relations at CU Boulder, I was in the Peace Corps in West Africa, I work at a bookstore, I have a thing for Indian and Arab girls, I'm into zen, I love Ethiopian food, and I love punk, blues, and goth music
if you don't like it, you can fuck off my boards (/mu/ and /trv/), we don't want you here, you pathetic scrub pieces of shit
>>
>>60656120
Why does Diplo's race matter?
>>
>>60653181
>entertainer or media figure
>taking advantage of current issue that plays to people's emotions, without adding a real message or making a legitimate comment on it whatsoever

What else is new?
>>
>>60657462
Cause it applies.
>>
>>60656549
i don't have a problem with any of the bullshit you listed but i do have a problem with the fact you felt the need to type all of that out
>>
File: random white dude be everywhere.jpg (351 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
random white dude be everywhere.jpg
351 KB, 1200x1200
>>60657462
>https://diplo.merchtable.com/clothing/diplo-random-white-dude-be-everywhere-t-shirt/?no_redirect
>>
>>60657500
What?
>>
>>60653181

She a bad bitch desu senpai
>>
>>60656549
you are a walking meme. I hope you know that.
>>
>>60653280

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGdzbiSl2qw

>"Are there any female rappers you would put in your top 10 of all time?"
>"No."

it's not just /pol/
>>
>>60658356
So they're crusading against M.I.A. by not saying she's better than 99% of rappers in history?
>>
>>60657505
>>60658329
Meme comebacks t:b\h
>>
>you can critique M.I.A. but only if you're comfortable with being called a bigot

I hate you white liberal faggots sometimes.
>>
>>60658508
sorry buddy this isn't the comments section of Breitbart
>>
>>60658442
what's it like being a berniefag? is it required that you must not have any knowledge of economics?
>>
>>60658729
you're literally restating a meme
you're the meme here
>>
>>60658329
no, I'm not, I just have semi-mainstream opinions and I've done things with my life, which you scoff at because you have an authoritarian nihilism that you learned from this site. Your worldview comes from internet culture, and I feel sorry for you
>>
I have never cared for her or anything that she has created.
>>
>>60658871
>an authoritarian nihilism
Warm...
>your worldview comes from internet culture
Cold.
>>
File: tai8.png (109 KB, 428x552) Image search: [Google]
tai8.png
109 KB, 428x552
>>60658729
>>60658793
>>60658871

hey this is a music board
>>
>>60658955
nope
admit it, you're a shallow manchild
now fuck off back to /pol/
>>
File: guts angry.webm (3 MB, 1916x816) Image search: [Google]
guts angry.webm
3 MB, 1916x816
>>60658975
Damn, for a second I thought you could really peg me and my personality, but you're just another haughty normalfag with a bloated ego.
>>
>>60654922
"you centrist fuck"

love u all fahm

>>60656059
as much as i can see diplo just being spiteful here, he's kinda right. maya reminds me of a lot of the people i went to school with (in fine arts) with that baseline postmodern creative instinct, better to do it on your own terms than well.
she thrives on the process.
>>
She's peng doe
>>
Where can I download her new shit?
>>
>>60653181
No she's not finished. Our society has gotten so self-involved that anything that is current or speaks to a current issue on the side of the public majority is automatically well received. Western society has become the epitome of narcissistic. Even altruism is now no longer about helping people, it's about how much you can satisfy your own ego and fit in socially. She'll do fine with the new song.
>>
>>60654525
>Well the song is good.

LMAO, get a load of this pleb.

Go listen to Miley Cyrus you limp wristed faggot.
>>
god what a cancerous board

first thread i click and it's this retarded shit

fucking hate you elitist shits
>>
>>60660436
So whats your political ideology anon?
>>
>>60659038
>posting the shit version
>>
>>60654737
Go to reddit then faggot
>>
literally who
>>
Fuck MIA is like 40 and she looks like she's 24.
>>
>>60656059
Diplo literally made his career of continually taking credit for everything MIA's done and screaming "YEAH I MADE PAPER PLANES!". Fucking sell out hack. The stories of him being abusive to her for 'selling out' are very funny now, considering he's knee deeps in collaborations with people like Justin Biebef and Ellie Goulding
>>
>>60660913
no one gives a shit about MIA and for good reason
>>
>>60660874
Marijuana
>>
>>60661006
Not true btw
>>
Between the very positive critical reaction and very butthurt /pol/ reaction, you'd have to say M.I.A. is doing what she traditionally does very well: making great shit that's polarising as fuck
>>
Actually annoys me that it was uploaded to apple music not youtube. It doesn't even load for me there and the youtube video someone uploaded is just full of /pol/ users with anime and meme profile pics
>>
>>60656549
Why does Bernie Sanders have to be dragged into everything? He's brought up in literally every discussion of politics on the internet nowadays, it's so fucking annoying. Nobody gives a fuck if you like him.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.