[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me get that clear - pic related established: - muh independent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wat.jpg (115 KB, 1181x929) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
115 KB, 1181x929
Let me get that clear - pic related established:
- muh independent music production and experimentation
- muh explicit themes and pessimism in music

Sonicly speaking it's just a bunch of catchy songs that don't showcase any special musical talent and a bunch of experimentation here and there.

Correct me and tell me what's that album all about, i enjoy listening to it, but it's not something that i'd call great
>>
It invented punk rock (sonically) and was a foreshadower to post-rock and noise rock.
>>
>>60649804
so, experimentation = bad now?? ive always thought their experimentation is what made them good and talented
>>
I can't believe I wrote all those essays on indie music back in sophomore year. Fuck. I was hella lame. I think I even had some shit about odd future in there because they were blowing up via just free album (before Yonkers). Fuck guys. I really hope I don't look back and regret shit I did in 2015...
>>
>>60649853
>It invented punk rock (sonically)

no wtf are you talking about
>>
>>60649853
Do you think that because it virtually created a genre that was popular in the last quarter of XX century it makes the album "one if not the best album of rock n roll"? is it in any way about the music or just the events that that music spurred on?
>>
>>60649909
You will. I regret saying things I said only a week or two ago
>>
>>60649853
My Generation by The Who had more in common sonically with punk than TVU&N did. If anything, TVU&N (and White Light/White Heat) has more in common with post-punk.
>>
File: 1434331705979.jpg (35 KB, 992x1008) Image search: [Google]
1434331705979.jpg
35 KB, 992x1008
What is the actual "experimentation" part on that album? The jam at the end of "European son"?
>>
>>60649985
The jamming on run run run.
>>
99% of criticism about this album doesn't hold up
>>
>>60650364
what minute?
>>
>>60649804
The Fugs talked about smoking pot and dropping acid in their songs 3 years before this album came out, and LSD was still legal in 1964.

>>60649853
>>60649953
I still think The Fugs invented punk rock in the U.S.
>>
>>60650548
Literally every song from the 60s is about weed

VU&N talks about heroin, sexual domination, among other themes
>>
>>60650548
you're right about the Fugs, i don't know why people keep on saying that the Velvet were the pioneers of that kind of lyrics
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.