[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Musical Confessions Thread >I refuse to listen to albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 1417949414833s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1417949414833s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Musical Confessions Thread

>I refuse to listen to albums longer than 100 minutes
>>
Why? Any album that long is certainly a double album so just listen to half you fucking autistic retard.
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
I've listened to like one album this whole month. don't even remember the other stuff well enough to say I've listened to it
>>
that's pretty reasonable, most albums that are over 100 minutes aren't worth the time it takes to listen to them
>>
File: mu essential v3.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
mu essential v3.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
>I listen to mu-core and I enjoy 90% of it
>>
File: Laughingsluts.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Laughingsluts.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>60637555
>enjoying music
>>
File: albums i've listened to.jpg (2 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
albums i've listened to.jpg
2 MB, 2060x3825
>>60637555
is this good
>>
File: what ive havent yet.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
what ive havent yet.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
>>60637673
>>
>>60637689
my god, dude
>>
>>60637689
damn dude how have you heard binary star but not a kanye album
have you ever been to a party?
>>
I don't take the opinions of anyone who discards country music seriously.
>>
I refuse to listen to anything reviewed by Pitchfork, Anthony Fantano, Tiny Mix Tapes, Consequences of Sound.

I refuse to listen to or respect vaporwave artists.

I refuse to listen to Shoegaze.
>>
>>60637807
The pic are the albums I haven't listened to, actually
>>
>>60637555
me too anon, me too
also... checked
>>
I've never seen any of Anthony Fantino's videos despite him being, y'know, King Meme of /mu/

I don't even know what his voice sounds like desu
>>
>>60637513
I do not enjoy Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, or any other folksy singer songwriters

They wrote some self-indulgent lyrics and strummed a guitar, I don't hear any amazing music here
>>
>>60637819
Do you listen exclusively to music that you think no one else will hear? Or are you just scared of being brainwashed by le jews

I guess if you like mostly jazz and classical that would make more sense but still what
>>
i dont get post rock it all sounds like ambient to me
i literally dont get the distinction between ambient and post rock
i think both arent that good either
swans and gybe are both really boring bands
>>
>>60638031
>swans and gybe are both really boring bands

You're right
>>
All rap is memerap
>>
>>60637937
You're missing literally nothing
>>
>>60637689
listen to kimono my house nigger
>>
>>60638074
make me
>>
99% of my music is stuff I've bought. I love having a CD collection.

Taylor Swift is one of my favourite artists.

I like Coldplay.

I'm in love with Roger Waters.
>>
>>60638086
it's a really good album, it's a fun listen, and I think you would enjoy it :-)
>>
If a person doesn't like onkyo, I assume that they're an idiot or a child.
>>
>>60638102
must be hard finding friends
not many people out there who like listening to obscure quiet screeching noises
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 259x194
>I think older music is better.
>I think the 70's is the best decade of music.
>I hate the digitization of music. (I prefer analogue sound and recording, etc.)

I don't consider myself le wrong generation though. I like the time I live in, I just prefer 70's music.
>>
>>60637944
In that case you suck.
>>
>>60637513
Jazz is boring to listen to but fun to play

The poppunk era of the early 2000's was actually pretty good

the noisy/fuzzy aspect of some artists ruin what would otherwise be good music (Loveless, AnCo)
If Bjork and Grimes weren't cute you wouldn't like them as much
Vaporwave is a legitimate genre
>>
>>60637819
can I ask why to any of those?
>>
>>60637529
i once masturbated to how to destroy angels
>>
>>60638170
>somewhat true
>not true
>not true
>true
>true
>>
>>60637513
I only listen to albums from start to finish and never skip tracks so >>60637513 rings true to me too
>>
>>60637819
You must spend ample amounts of time reading their reviews to find out what not to listen to.
>>
I really like post hardcore but I don't listen to it because I don't want people to think I have bad taste in music. By the way by post hardcore I don't mean At the drive in, I mean bands like A Day To Remember and La Dispute. It really is a struggle to not listen to that kind of music. I've been forcing myself to listen to Loveless recently until I eventually realize it's a great album. I deleted all of my guilty pleasure music and strictly listen to shoegaze and post punk now.
>>
I like the entirety of Ladies and gentlemean we are floating in space and I don't get the "only one good song" meme

I think Trout Mask Replica is way too overhyped than it has any right to be
>>
>>60638395
So you forced yourself to like something that you think would give you more respect with losers on the internet
>>
i can't remember the last time i listened to an album all the way through
>>
>>60638426
That's the only interaction he's got
>>
>>60638395
dude listen to whatever music you like, while it's a good idea to branch out your taste you really shouldn't worry about what other people think
>>
File: slowdive.jpg (217 KB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
slowdive.jpg
217 KB, 1024x1013
>>60638426

I feel a lot better now. Before whenever I would post a album or band I really liked people would make fun of me and say horrible stuff. Now that I like music people think is cool I don't get made fun of on here anymore and people think I'm a lot cooler. People actually like me now. Before everyone hated the music I liked and I came to the conclusion that they're right, maybe ADTR is for girls and emos.

Picture related is one of my favorite albums. I don't really like it too much aside from a few songs but every time I post it people always tell me great album and stuff.
>>
>>60638570
That album is shit kill yourself nerd
>>
>>60638570
>one of my favorite albums
>I don't really like it too much

literally what
>>
>>60638570
what a shit life man - for what its worth, if you enjoy post-hardcore Number Girl might be up your alley (or not, actually never listened to ADTR or La Dispute so dunno)

But goddamn, I just feel really sad after reading that post

Confession-wise: I will skip tracks when I feel like it after the first listen
>>
>>60637944
Just listen to Blonde On Blonde and Lorca hopefully theyll help you fall out of your plebiness
>>
>>60638570
Alright this definitely is not real anymore
>>
I got a boner the first time I heard Devil in a New Dress
>>
>>60637689
>haven't into bizarre ride pharcyde
>>
>>60637689
>not listening to snowing
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.