[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? I'm listening through now and so far really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: a2280704800_10.jpg (995 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2280704800_10.jpg
995 KB, 1200x1200
Thoughts on this? I'm listening through now and so far really REALLY like it.

I was a big fan of I'm in your mind fuzz so thought I'd give this a try and the two releases are so amazingly different. Some of the production feels very 60s blues-rock (I think it's the drums and vocals being slightly muffled) and the lack of electronic instrumentation is a breath of fresh air for me because a lot of the modern psych I've listened to focuses a lot on distortion and loops and shit.

Anyone's thoughts?
>>
>>60624969
I live in Australia and these guys along with Tame Impala are the biggest fucking meme bands out. They're literally like our fucking Kanye and Neutral Milk Hotel.
>>
>>60624999
I didn't realise they had such a big local fanbase. What makes them a meme band?
>>
>>60624969
I love it. The songwriting and arrangements are really good. I'm curious how these songs will transition live.
>>
>>60625053
Do you know if they often tour outside Aus?
>>
>>60625073
Just checked and they do. Got some tour dates up on their site.
>>
>>60625026
Its not as bad with them as much as it is with Tame Impala, but Tame Impala is all we fucking hear about whenever Kevin feels like dropping an album, everything he does is absolutely played to death on the radio, talked about to no end, wins every Aussoe award, gets like 5 songs in the top 10 of our Hottest 100 countdown on Ausyralia day, called genius etc. It just doesn't stop, Tame Impala is O.K, but you would think Kevin is fucking Brian Wilson or Lennon the way he gets treated down here, it just doesn't stop, he just isn't as clever as everyone thinks he is. Every Tame Impala record, in my opinion has a couple of good songs on it, and the rest is just rambling psychedelic filler. And as for King Gizzard, the release like fucking two albums a year and most of it is garbage but has this cult following who reckon they're the ants pants.
>>
>>60625073
>>60625108
They do. I saw them this summer for their US tour.
>>
>>60625120
Also, just look at that fucking album cover ffs.
>>
AOTY 2015
>>
>>60625175
No way is it AOTY for me. So many other albums released this year were more thematically interesting, had a more original sound and better produced. But that doesn't mean that I don't love this.
>>
>>60625150
This means nothing fyi
>>
I only really like Sense.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.