[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC music Essentials?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: PC music.jpg (36 KB, 685x470) Image search: [Google]
PC music.jpg
36 KB, 685x470
Just getting into the sound / / what are the best releases off of it. I love Hannah Diamond/Sophie's singles/easyFun
>>
you pc bro?
>>
Sophie>A.G. Cook>Hannah Diamond>Maxxo >easyFun>Tielsie>everything else
>>
>>60620269
not PC music but look up the Activia Benz singles club
specifically Big Dope P's "Still Hood", one of my favs from the series
>>
>>60620269
on a bit of a tangent, check out kero kero bonito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDf4vJm5HQ
>>
>>60620317
seconded
great shit
>>
>>60620283
i hope so
>>
>>60620317
oo this is sick as fuck. Thanks
>>
zz music
>>
>>60620300
I loved Beautiful by A.G. Cook. I'll check out the others thanks
>>
File: sophie-love.jpg (30 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
sophie-love.jpg
30 KB, 620x620
this is the best thing p.c. music has done. It's also the biggest, most concrete statement that they've made
>>
>>60620598
What's your interpretation of it? Can't listen to it for more than 15 seconds because of the pain.
>>
check out my rad blog op :^)
http://cute-music.tumblr.com/

Defiantly check out KKB.
>>
>>60620673
>http://cute-music.tumblr.com
will do thanx
>>
>>60620622
>Can't listen to it for more than 15 seconds because of the pain.
hahaha i feel you. it's definitely not a pleasant listening experience.

i've always interpreted p.c. music as a semiotic guerrilla warfare approach to recreating early 2000's pop music. in other words, creating something similar that actually has the opposite meaning. you can hear this in the saccharine, dementedly sweet melodies and production style that's typical of the collective. it's like it sounds so happy and poppy that it's scary and unsettling. this can also be heard in the extremely dark undertones in a lot of sophie's music.

The thing is that up until l.o.v.e. everything was very subtle. On the surface, it still sounded like bubblegum pop. but with this track sophie basically said "fuck subtlety, i'm gonna scare the shit out of these fuckers." which is exactly what he accomplished, while still maintaining a glossy bubblegum pop sheen.
>>
>>60620811
Oh yeah totally. That high pitched drill sound still had a sugary PC vibe to it. Definitely was interesting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.