[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aesop Rock thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: aesop.jpg (29 KB, 440x250) Image search: [Google]
aesop.jpg
29 KB, 440x250
Anyone else hyped for the new solo album?

Here is what we know so far.

>the album is already done and mixed
>it is again entirely produced by Aesop himself
>Blockhead has done a remix to one of the tracks

Also, Aesop recently said that we will hear about a number of new projects soon, so there might be more than just one upcoming solo album. Maybe we'll also get another EP soon?
>>
h o t d a m n
o
t
d
a
m
n
>>
>aesop rock
>>
>>60606495

Yes, anon. That is the name of the artist.
>>
#hype

Hoping one of the other projects is a second Uncluded album.
>>
>>60606465

Wasn't even aware of it. Pretty hyped.

Skelethon is fantastic
>>
>>60606514
Did you pick up the Catfood EP, anon? It's only two tracks but they are fucking great. I hope the new album will kind of sound like this.
>>
Another Uncluded album would be kickass. Cat Food was a good single. It would be interesting to see what other new projects he has. I doubt any of them are a new HMM, they just released an album.
>>
>>60606535
If you like Skelethon, you'll love the Catfood EP. Have you listened to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAljP_xggMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYaWgOpKR98
>>
>>60606514
I'm honestly more excited for this than a new solo release
>>
>>60606545
Not heard it, no. Kinda forgot to keep up with his releases to be honest.
>>
>>60606550
>what other new projects he has

I'm interested in this as well. Apparently, he recently twittered about just having worked on a track with a legend. I'd like to know if that was for his solo or some other project.
>>
Was yearning for some Aesop rock earlier today, time to get aboard the hype train choo choo
>>
my names aesop rock

i am smart

my music is intellectual

i use big words

i am a real hip-hop head

wow i am so lyrical

its 2009
>>
>>60606577
>Not heard it, no. Kinda forgot to keep up with his releases to be honest.

You should check it out. He recently also appeared on a new Atmosphere track alongside Blueprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsUDcm7Xio0
>>
>>60606570

I did! But I haven't listened in a while so I'm revisiting it now.

Bug Zapped is my shit. That beat, the way aes comes in.
>>
>>60606550
I hope it's not a new HMM. That shit does nothing for me.

>>60606571
Heh. I'm not quite at that point, but I'd still fucking love more feels-rap.

>>60606650
Okay.
>>
>>60606668
>Bug Zapped is my shit. That beat, the way aes comes in.

Yes, I prefer Bug Zapper as well. Such a great track. But Catfood is awesome, too.
>>
>>60606698
>I hope it's not a new HMM

Are You Gonna Eat That? was hit or miss for me, but I think last year's Bestiary is incredible. Well, except for the cover art.
>>
>>60606650

I'll never understand people like this.

Aesop Rock is one of the least preachy rappers in his scene. Not only that, but I think his music is really charming, the imagery he uses is vivid and a lot of it is nostalgic.

Like, half the appeal is how much character is in his music. Why is Aes the one who gets crap for this?
>>
>>60606749
Eh. I liked 2 or 3 tracks on Bestiary (The Soup and Dollywood come to mind), but the rest was pretty forgettable.
>>
>>60606754
>Why is Aes the one who gets crap for this?

The other day, we had a rap thread here on /v/ and some fag started giving everyone who was talking about Aesop's music shit. He told us that we probably just started listening to him and probably were only into his music because of the "pseudo deep" lyrics . Then he admitted that he liked most of his music as well. He was just one of those faggots who are critical of an artist because of their assumed fan base. People should grow up. I know people who listen to Aesop Rock mainly for the beats and flows.
>>
im gonna slap the shit out of blockhead
>>
>>60606838
Like I said, I like the whole album (except for the remixes, but they don't count). Funny that you'd mentioned Dollywood and The Soup. They are among my favorites too. But I also love The Red List, Krill and Jonathan.
>>
>>60606938
Why? Btw. Blockhead will soon finally release the first album of his side project The Mighty Jones.
>>
>>60606622
>A legend.

Fuck, that could literally refer to tons of people. It could also refer to a member of Living Legends.

>>60606698
Nah, I doubt it will be a new HMM we had one last year.

>>60606749
I only like some of the cover arts. Some of those monsters are just ugly.
>>
>>60606984
he's just another one of those geeks on his "uuh only hip hop that smaples is good i hate 808s" plus he also makes embarrassing trip hop
>>
>>60606893

I guess I understand why it happens, but why specifically Aesop Rock gets shit for it instead of someone like Sage Francis or something always seems off.

I can't imagine anyone listening to Aesop Rock because it's intellectual. It's so profoundly missing the point of specifically that artist. Sage Francis is often talking from a soap box or preaching, trying to be intellectual or educate people, but that's completely absent from Aesop's music.

I guess it's just amazing how much dissonance can exist between the reputation of an artist and what the art actually is.
>>
>>60607026
He still makes great beats though. That's the only thing that should count. If you don't believe me listen to his album with Billy Woods, Dour Candy (in case you haven't yet).
>>
ah shit, almost forgot about this
thanks for reminding me, anon
hyped af
>>
>>60607034
Don't read to much into it. I'm just glad that Aesop is still alive and well and that he is still releasing a lot of great material. There are many lesser known rappers who either fell off of the face of the world or fell off skillwise.
>>
Bump with this classic track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KerPemqnLt4
>>
Bump; Aes is my shit.
>>
Sup with this clue shit on twitter? 5 days isn't long, but I'm going to be conflicted if it's just tour dates.
>>
>>60609881
Maybe we are going to get a release date for the album? Or he'll post a video for the first single or something?
>>
>>60606465
>listening to this garbage
>completely unironically
>>
>>60609998
>shitposting on the internet
>completely unironically
>>
Why can't him and El be friends again:^(
>>
>>60610057
Right back at ya buddy
>>
I wish he tried different flows for a change. I feel like the recent projects have all had the same style of delivery throughout, which makes it sound a bit monotone. I'm not talking about lyrics here, just the delivery.

I think what I'm after is Float-esque flow switch ups but with more varied instrumentals. Float was such a great debut album, the first 4 tracks are absolute fire imho.
>>
>>60610489
Let's get it on nigga, do what we gotta do
You buckin' me, I'm buckin' right back at you

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32j84j
>>
>>60610631
Have you listened to the Hail Mary Mallon albums? He often switches things up there but more on a from song to song basis.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.