[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I listened to GY!BE for the first time. Started with F A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: krank043.jpg (68 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
krank043.jpg
68 KB, 432x432
So, I listened to GY!BE for the first time. Started with F A ∞. Basically only liked that moment in East Hastings where it turns into an actual song, but I really fucking loved that moment. Such a powerful buildup.

Should I even bother going further in their discography?

Also, requesting more stuff like that part in East Hastings.
>>
Yeah

hear Slow Riot for Zero Kanada
>>
File: 1428188979032.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428188979032.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>>60605160
>where it turned into an actual song
>>
>>60605160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYNi-Zd8Mo
>>
>>60605283

OP here, won't even deny my plebness.
>>
File: fa vinyl.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fa vinyl.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>60605160
Listen to Mladic from Allelujah Don't Bend Ascend. It's probably their most powerful song. Also listen to Slow Riot, like someone else mentioned. After that listen to LYSF, and if you liked that, then listen to the rest of their discography.

>Basically only liked that moment in East Hastings where it turns into an actual song

Don't listen to the vinyl version of f#a# then.
>>
>>60605400

Thanks.

>Don't listen to the vinyl version of f#a# then.

What's the difference?
>>
>>60605160
Personally, F#A#Infinity is my favourite of theirs, precisely because it doesn't feel the need to fall back on crescendos every three minutes. But if that's your thing, go ahead and listen to Yanqui UXO, or pretty much any third wave post-rock band.
>>
File: fainf.jpg (32 KB, 566x426) Image search: [Google]
fainf.jpg
32 KB, 566x426
>>60605436
The vinyl and CD version are really different. They were recorded at different times, under different labels.

Personally I like the Vinyl version more. It is much more atmospheric, and doesn't have the same build ups that the CD version does, but instead has a more consistent mood to it. Both are great, but seeing how you liked the build up in East Hastings, that part is taken away on vinyl.
>>
>>60605449
I'm in the same boat. Most third wave post-rock is absolute garbage too imo.
>>
>>60605768

Total pleb here; examples of "third wave post-rock" bands?
>>
>>60605807
This Will Destroy You, God Is an Astronaut... all that garbage.
I'm sure there are some decent ones out but it's jut too much trash to sift through for me.
>>
File: 1446139978094.jpg (23 KB, 200x320) Image search: [Google]
1446139978094.jpg
23 KB, 200x320
>>60605971
>he has not listened to Tunnel Blanket
>throwing "garbage" and "trash" around

absolutely agreed about GIAA tho
>>
>>60605971
the Pax Cecilia and *Shels are pretty great 3rd wave post rock bands.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.