[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did /mu/ turn into the worst board on 4chan? I think now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1448177525193.jpg (99 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448177525193.jpg
99 KB, 1280x1024
How did /mu/ turn into the worst board on 4chan?

I think now that music sharing threads through MegaUpload died its just pure shit mongering
>>
Good english there bud.
>>
>>60603974
Threads like these
>>
sorry
>>
too many teenagers
>>
>>60603974
too many niggas not enough hoes
>>
Reddit, forced memes, post irony, poptimism(a form of post irony), memerap artists, all drizzled with a liberal dash of superiority complex.
>>
meme rap fags, waifu fags, leddit fags, underage fags with parents' approvals, and of course literal fags like you
>>
Too many new people constantly with zero clue about music and just starting to explore so they are still at the essentials and p4k BNM stage.

Those who have been here too long aren't interested, know attempting discussions about anything else is futile so either leave, shitpost or stay in generals.
>>
File: 1448453000391.jpg (92 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1448453000391.jpg
92 KB, 500x405
>>60603981
Thanks mate! Can you tell English are my first language?
>>
you watched it burn and did nothing
>>
Moot admitting that he didn't like /mu/ and that there was extremely limited mod support dedicated to this board he left this place to rot.

More people need to be banned for stupid bullshit. Trolling, shitposting, and /pol/posting have drug it down to the level of /v/ with none of the humor.

The only way to fix it is to remove /mu/ temporarily for a year or so.
>>
>>60603974
tripfags
>>
>>60604085
Yeah this
>>
>>60603974
too many hormone-crazed teenagers with the self-awareness of tree stumps circlejerking over pitchfork's flavor-of-the-month and terrible indie shit in general here. it's been like that for a long time but it's been exceptionally bad lately.
>>
>>60605109
/v/ is still completely worse than /mu/ and that is really saying something
>>
>>60605109
Only if no one came back and it was a whole new board.

Also, Fantano needs to stop making videos, p4k go under and the essentials charts vaporised.
>>
>>60605197
>/v/ is still completely worse than /mu/
Simply false. /v/ is shit but /mu/ is just toxic.
>>
It's gotten harder and harder to share music online before it's taken down. Before there used to be genre-specific sharethreads with hundreds of posts. Then mediafire was kill on the most part and now the the sharethreads aren't as rich and for everything else you can just go to the archive (which doesn't promote conversation).

All that caused the more knowledgeable posters to leave. The ones that were left were newbies and p4k drones that basically post meme albums and the same /mu/core shit over and over since I first came here in 2008. They've since become the majority of the board.

Now it's gone from at least 60% shares to 90% meme bullshit. Sorry /mu/ but it hasn't been the same since at least 2012.
>>
File: Tourist.jpg (34 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
Tourist.jpg
34 KB, 550x380
From my perspective, /mu/ went to shit with the onslaught of k-pop threads beginning in ~2011. Everything took a turn for the worse afterwards. After k-pop became a meme on /mu/, everything pop became a meme. Being obsessed with the typical pop radio singer, aka having waifu's with Taylor Swift or Katy Perry became a meme. Essentially, the beginning of meme's on /mu/ was largely derived from k-pop. Prior to that, the only real memes were NMH & Radiohead. At last both are actually good music.

Who here actually remembers the days of /mu/ during the popularity of tripfag The Tourist? This, to me, is when /mu/ actually had worthwhile discussion on quality music, bands, what defines a genre, which artists best signified certain decades, is there such a thing as being objective in music, the evolution of music since Presley/The Beatles, etc. This is and was the only time /mu/ was ever good.
>>
>>60605446
KPOP threads existed in 2008.
>>
Tripfags
>>
waifufags and the like who spam pictures of shitty artists just because they're attractive
>>
>>60605500
lolno.
>>
>>60605563
oh yes.

I remember them very well and people bitching then just like now.

They left for a while after the captcha was first implemented but returned.
>>
>>60605576
i bet it's the gooks shamelessly self promoting themselves
>>
>>60605446
Agreed. The Tourist was pretty cool. I don't usually like tripfags.
>>
>>60605625
Didn't he kill himself?
>>
>>60605648
Nah he just grew up and left neverland.

But that was back in the days when we got to witness the birth of the plebeian vs patrician meme.
>>
>>60603974
memes and shitposting basically
we can't even make up our own memes we take everything from reddit and /pol/
>>
>>60605675
No, I mean he came here recently, like a month or two ago and talked about ending it all. Correct trip code and all.
>>
>>60605699
fuck off kek
>>
>>60605766
also the new trips are fuckin shit
>>
>>60605778
kek
>>
/mu/ has some really shitty c ucktrips. I'm here for some weeks and had to filter like 5 of em already.
>>
>>60605500
Bruh, fuck are you talking about?
K-pop got insanely popular on /mu/ well after 2008, around 2010/2011 once SNSD had their breakthrough.
>>
Hi.
>>
File: 1446832430187.jpg (28 KB, 319x317) Image search: [Google]
1446832430187.jpg
28 KB, 319x317
>>60605109
>4kids
>thinking people should be banned for trolling, shitposting, or /pol/posting
>>
This is an OWNED for everyone calling SJWs to the mods.
>>
>>60603974
It's not, though. /tv/ is objectively the worst board on 4chan.
>>
>>60607112
What's wrong with tv, I've never been there
>>
>>60607132
There's close to zero mildly serious discussing about television and film. Most of the content is just retarded autistic unfunny memes, pol/pedo shitposting.
>>
>>60607112
/co/ and /lgbt/ are far worse.
/tv/ is getting there though with the mods acting like total SJWs.
Personally I wish /mu/ was slower and more focused on user created audio content.
>>
>>60607226
Sounds just like here.
>>
>I think now that music sharing threads through MegaUpload died its just pure shit mongering

Wait what?

I'm not here very often I just like to drop in every now and then can someone explain?
>>
The same reason every board on 4chan is shit. Nobody here is over 14-years-old.
>>
>>60603974
>worst board on 4chan
There's still /v/, /tv/, /b/, /pol/, /r9k/ and /soc/
>>
>>60607318
At least /b/, /pol/ and /soc/ can stay on topic and do what they're intended for.

/tv/, /v/ and /mu/ are all shitposting with a theme.

Never been on /r9k/
>>
>>60607383
Because /b/ has no topic
>>
>>60603974
MegaUpload got taken down like 5 years ago
>>
it's terrible outside of a few generals

generals have their problems (too specific, requires you to explore in depth while some people prefer to listen to a bit of everything, they may lead to circlejerking),
but the people there post because they have an active interest and are grouped by a same thing. the rest of the board is a mess, trying to articulate the interests of a lot of people with barely any moderation, which leads to thread of the "pop? more like POOP" kind staying up for hours and generalized trolling.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.