[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our Prayer/Gee Heroes & Villains Old Master Painter Cabin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: beach-boys-smile-large1.jpg (472 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
beach-boys-smile-large1.jpg
472 KB, 700x709
Our Prayer/Gee
Heroes & Villains
Old Master Painter
Cabin Essence
I Get Around/Workshop
Barnyard
Roll Plymouth Rock
Wonderful
Look

Child Is the Father
Wind Chimes
Holiday
Vege-Tables
Good Vibrations
Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
I Love To Say Dada
Surf's Up
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 520x520
Good thread
>>
>>60597054
I go to UCLA we did research on the album and we discovered several tracklist as of mid 1967. They didn't release them with the SMiLE sessions so people could think of it as a conclusion.
As of April it was
Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Moaning laughter
Vega-tables
Do you like Worms
Wonderful
The old master painter( he gives speeches was thought to be an intro to this, but they never tried to record it accordingly)
Cabin Essence

Good Vibrations
(With me tonight)
I'm in great shape
Wind chimes
The Elements ( an actual version of this)
Child is Father of the man
Surfs Up
>>
>>60597054
Smile sucks compared to Sgt pepper
>>
>>60597400
I don't think so, but hey I can see why you think that
>>
>>60597452
After Brian broke down, the Beatles were allowed into the beach boys studio and heard the whole album and used the same techniques heard on smile months before it was suppose to come out. Everything on Sgt pepper is smile but done a billion times better. If smile were to come out in 67, nothing would haven't changed. Beach boys were washed up
>>
File: 1342325456453.png (221 KB, 390x435) Image search: [Google]
1342325456453.png
221 KB, 390x435
>>60597383
>i go to UCLA
>>
>>60597533
Ayy fuck off lmao.

>>60597383
What class/program lets you get into these discussions? Thinking about applying to UCLA next year.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg (57 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg
57 KB, 550x550
>>60597383
I don't actually participate in the anti-UCLA circlejerk here at the University of Spoiled Children, but I feel obliged to post something.
>>
>>60597054
holiday is fantastic and is the most underrated song from the album
>>
>>60597825
>USC
muh alumni network
>>
>>60597982
muh trojan family, i bleed cardinal and gold, fight on bro

usc is a huge circlejerk, no doubt about it
>>
>>60597383
Is this true? If so, its fantastic news. We need more details.
>>
>>60597526
Fuck off, this has been proven to be false. Lennon and Harrison never went to the states in 1967. When Mccartney went to see the Beach Boys, Sgt Peppers was already finished. They shared some tracks. Paul showed them A Day in The Life and She's Leaving Home in Brian's house. Then he participated in a Vega Tables session. Van Dyke Parks invented this because he wants to create a myth around Smile.
>>
>>60598278
Absolutely. The Beatles had mixed Sgt. Pepper with George Martin for mono and stereo mixes were done by Emerick & Martin days later...All done before McCartney met with Wilson. There are several sources to verify it (Barry Miles McCartney book has 3 references itself).

Brian Wilson, even in his latter mental state, said that he felt the Beatles weren't necessarily influenced by Pet Sound's soundscapes and production but rather they were influenced by the creativity of the album. McCartney has said it was the clever instrumentation and musical experimentation he dug, he didn't set out to duplicate God Only Knows or some shit...

Pet Sounds and Pepper both have bass harmonica and that's about as far as the similarity, sound wise, goes.
>>
>>60598466
Cont...

And the Pepper album has even less in common with the Smile material. It was all the ingenuity and vision that Wilson displayed that influenced McCartney and many others of that generation.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.