[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he really the true genius behind Nirvana?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: krist_2099468i[1].jpg (37 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
krist_2099468i[1].jpg
37 KB, 620x388
Was he really the true genius behind Nirvana?
>>
>genius
>Nirvana

pick one
>>
"No."
>>
There's nothing genius bout Nirvana
>>
no, kurt was a "genius" at breaking pop-punk into the mainstream. he was a good songwriter and made some catchy songs so they were still great, just not god-tier like everyone who listened to teen spirit once thinks
>>
>>60593612
>pop-punk
lmao

>>60593522
It's imressive how he could still play the bass despite hanging it ridicously low.
>>
>>60593522
no one on this board thinks nirvana is genius because EVERYONE ON HERE IS AN IDIOT
no kurt was
>>
>>60593545
>>60593596
>>60593607
pretty sure ur the plebs itt rofl
>>
The geniuses were the producers and engineers that turned their sound into something listenable.
>>
>>60593834
>not pop-punk
obviously it's not like blink 182 or sum 41 or whatever, but they obviously play punk music with pop choruses.
>>
>>60593522
Nirvana didnt write any of their songs.
Kurt Cobain was actually illiterate and all their song were written by a black women called Shaniqa Freeman, she died in poverty a few years ago.
>>
>>60593834
Nirvana is literally pop-punk you dumbass, maybe you should try actually understanding the music you listen to instead of relying on Wikipedia for genre definitions
>>
>>60593854
>>60593851
This. It's undeniable that Kurt was a melodic genius in the pop context.
>>
No Dave Grohl is a fuckwad
>>
>>60593890

>>60593879
Punk has pop choruses in itself. Their sound was way either too abrasive for pop-punk or too different.

>>60593890
You're wrong though my friend.
>>
nirvana was genius bc
so much simplicity yet so much power in the music
everyone cared too much about being so technical with music
nirvana just didnt give a fuck and still is one of the best bands
kurt wrote all the songs
krist was amazing bass player and had great views/sense of humour
dave was excellent drummer, made fun of those pop rock festival singers back in the day (even tho thats what he is now sadly)
nirvana was just alternative no way to describe it
didnt have one set genre so ye definitely not pop punk
grunge was just a dumb media label
all grunge bands sound different it was just a
label they used at the time cause the media
didnt like the label "alternative rock"
>>
>>60593991
Could you not type like a 14 year old girl please? Even if it's post-ironically. Thank you.
>>
>>60593891
If it's undeniable, then why am I denying it?
>>
>>60593854
got em! lol
>>
>>60593522
Despite the bassline on Lounge Act, his contributions to Nirvana were worthless
>>
>>60593951
>Nevermind
>too abrasive
kek'd
>>
>>60594084
>implying Kurt didn't write that bassline
>>
>>60594084
kurt didnt want anyone other than krist tho
kurt loved krist's personality cause everyone
else at the time were close minded sexist
metal heads
>>
>>60593522
No, but he was the only likeable guy.
>>
>>60594086
>1 album = the band's entire discography

And even in their softest album you can find shit that at the time was pretty damn abrasive (for top 40 stuff)

>Territorial Pissings
>Stay Away
>Endless Nameless

>>60594047
idk probably coz ur dumb?
>>
>>60594170
never forget tourettes off in utero
one of their best songs
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.