[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coldplay is releasing a new album, A Head Full Of Dreams soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nhgguwoMwg1ty5r96o1_1280.jpg (350 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhgguwoMwg1ty5r96o1_1280.jpg
350 KB, 1280x1280
Coldplay is releasing a new album, A Head Full Of Dreams soon and have released their first single, Adventure Of A Lifetime. It's pretty good. Will this be Coldplay's return? They have followed the pattern of good album -> mediocre album -> shit album so far, and this is the next reboot of that cycle.
>>
>>60584681
coldplay was never good
>>
>>60584681
Return to what? I know what to expect after the last 6 shitty albums. One of the most boring bands in alternative rock.
>>
>>60584681
who the FUCK thought that cover was a good idea
>>
>>60584681
>A Sky Full Of Stars
>A Head Full Of Dreams
Creativity, everyone.
>>
>>60584709
>parachutes
Eat your words you pretentious faggot!
>>
>>60584681
>They have followed the pattern of good album -> mediocre album -> shit album
X&Y is their best, you fucking mong.
>>
They arent my cup of tea but they cant be called a shit band like most people here label them as. They make decent catchy music, good enough for Eno to work on.
>>
>>60586495
Don't forget that they also have an album called A Rush of Blood to the Head.
>>
>>60586495
It's the second part of a trio of concept albums about life and love and waterfalls you pleb.
>>
>>60585312
Better than that shitty BTMH rip off cover
>>
>>60586564
Eno worked with U2 too and made the Windows startup, he stopped being a legitimate artist in the 80s. It's just money now.
>>
goddammit why don't they just fulfill their destiny and become a fucking great shoegaze band already
>>
>>60586591
>bmth rip off cover

Hey Ollie (or whatever your fucking name isgoddammit learn how to sing live you shitstain)
>>
>>60586611
It's a bit disheartening to know they could actually make really good music if they stopped caring about making money.
>>
File: Art.jpg (114 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Art.jpg
114 KB, 1000x1000
Why listen to Coldplay when Elbow exists
>>
>>60586637
Seriously, Chinese Sleep Chant is the best song they've ever made and it's a "hidden" track. If they made a whole album of just that I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
>>
>>60586573
>concept albums about life and love and waterfalls
Sure thing :^)
>>
>>60584681
Their new single's riff is kinda catchy and the production is not bad at all but it's really pathetic to hear them changing their sound just to appeal the hype of "le indie" bands and funk-based genres
>>
>>60586698
Viva la Vida was my favorite album of theirs and I always hoped that they'd go in that shoegaze-y direction of Chinese Sleep Chant with future albums.

Instead we got Mylo Xyloto >_>
>>
Worth it coldplay tracks:
>Absolutely beautiful tier
Don't Panic
See You Soon (live)
Yellow
Parachutes
A rush of blood to the head
Life In The Technicolor
Lovers In Japan
Chinese Sleep Chant
Death and all of his friends (underrated af)
>good
The Goldrush
Glasses of Water
I Ran Away
The Hardest part
Strawberry Swing
The Scientist
Major minus
>if I'm feeling particularly faggy this can work
U.F.O.
Moving to mars
Trouble
Animals
Sparks
Politik
>>
>>60587059
forgot to place Green Eyes, definitely between tiers 2 and 3
>>
>>60587059
>no Amsterdam and We Never Change in God tier
>>
>>60586654
Is anything they've done since Seldom Seen Kid worth listening to?
Doves seem to get lumped in with Coldplay and Elbow too, and they've had a decent discography so far
>>
>>60587059
>Amsterdam not in GOAT tier
>>
>>60588286
Build a Rocket Boys was nice, but their weakest album yet, it is however totally worth listening to for Lippy Kids and The Birds, which are some of their best tracks
The New album was better and really consistent, best track is probably My Sad Captains
They also released short EP this year, nothing amazing, but decent
Also funny fact, I saw them live and I was probably the only person under 40
Doves are great, but they are on hiatus now and the singer's solo album was kinda weak

There's also Travis, who haven't made a good album in 8 years, Keane who had some nice early singles but are just dull now and Snow Patrol, who I always found meh
>>
>>60588454
>under 40
Damn I meant 30, wouldn't go that far
>>
>>60584709
Eat shit, plebs>>60585267
>>
>>60587059
Amsterdam is one of the best songs ever made.

Also I ran Away is great
>>
>>60587112

literally this
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.