[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums you will never fully understand without drugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: beach+boys smile.jpg (289 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
beach+boys smile.jpg
289 KB, 800x800
Albums you will never fully understand without drugs
>>
>needing drugs to understand or enjoy music
>>
>>60581866
i pity you
>>
>>60581866
I pity you
>>
>>60581866
Unpopular opinion, but I hear you OP. Not understanding something fully is ok. Do you ever hear live versions of "Dark Star"? They're often really out there, but perfectly enjoyable or beautiful. That being said, no drugs needed
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 1200x1200
>>60581866
>>
>>60581870
>>60583053
>>60583062
>>60583198
>>60583824
You faggots are cocky as shit, listen to music baked or tripping and see if you don't get more out of it. You could probably get the same results out of heavy meditation but I have a job and dont have time for that shit.
>>
you will never understand dub until you've listened to it stoned out of your mind.
>>
>>60584997
>listen to music baked or tripping and see if you don't get more out of it.
I have and I don't.
>>
>>
>>60581866
Sorry, OP, but I don't like bands that you need to be high on drugs to understand, and/or enjoy, and this is coming from somebody that smokes pot and listens to music every day.

If my first reaction to a band is "I could really get into this if I was high" then I practically have no respect for that band. I like to enjoy music when I'm stone cold sober. In fact, I don't even get high or drunk at concerts anymore. And I can enjoy Smile either high as a kite, or sober as a judge.
>>
File: droogs.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
droogs.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>60585112
>>
>>60585112
I've never heard any music that I thought would only be enjoyable stoned desu. Some stuff that's kinda boring would sound better I guess, but I usually just opt for stuff I think is good anyway because it just amplifies my enjoyment of it.
>>
>>60585017
Fair enough, I just cant these elitist cunts who think they're so special because they abstain.I also hate the cunts that think they're special because they use.
>>
File: a2409661750_10.jpg (593 KB, 729x708) Image search: [Google]
a2409661750_10.jpg
593 KB, 729x708
>>
>>60583824
i second this. liked it at first but smoked to it and it produced the smoothest psychedelic-esque trip ive had since innerspeaker dropped
>>
>>60585195
You're kinda comin off as the kinda cunt that thinks they're special because they use m8
>>
But SMile is a wild west childrens album
I've listened to it plenty of times sober and baked and they're enjoyable in their own respects
>>
YOURE UNDER ARREST
>>
>>60586640
I really love how silly the album can be
especially the doo dah doos in Heroes and villains
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.