[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any other guys on youtube who talk about music history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_9.png (1 MB, 1253x700) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
1 MB, 1253x700
are there any other guys on youtube who talk about music history like chris ott? his videos are really interesting
>>
He's the definition of pretentious and this thread is the definition of viral marketing
>>
>>60578993
and this is the room one afternoon i knew i could love you
>>
>>60578993
booo
>>
I can't stand this guy, I watched his goth video and he's just dramatically rambling about things he knows very little about
>>
By far the best writer p4k ever had
>>
File: askfm.png (15 KB, 687x199) Image search: [Google]
askfm.png
15 KB, 687x199
too bad he's done
>>
>>60580472
He knows much more than you desu
>>
>>60581338
I wish he wasn't such a bitch about it though, he's a massive counter-narrative voice that needs to exist.
>>
>>60581338
Geez, what a baby. It's music journalism for fuck's sake, it's not like it's even remotely a big deal
>>
>>60582115
Yeah he's one of a kind right now and he's not afraid of backlash either.
I kind of understand though, it's probably pretty heart breaking to watch something you love get turned into a media game.
>>
>>60582171
See, I really can't sympathize. Of course it's a media game! If you want music news and reviews that aren't beholden to corporate interests read a blog or a zine or something, not for-profit websites with ads and shit. As soon as someone's making money, they always want to make more.
>>
>>60582196
Ott's concern isn't that there isn't a choice in the matter his concern is that one party has a stranglehold on the independent music industry and that people who aren't aware of that hold are simply fed into it unaware that there exists other narratives.

He probably wouldn't mind so much if the people who have that stranglehold didn't abuse their power and try to own the artist's entire careers while making money from ad revenue.
>>
>>60582287
But that's the thing, nobody is fed into it unaware. Sure, maybe some hypothetical person who bought a Crosley and a Justin Timberlake record at Urban Outfitters is, but everyone I know who's actually into music is aware that p4k is corporate and gets their info from somewhere else. Does p4k try to own artists' careers? Most of the "controversy" the generate is quickly forgotten (Sun Kil Moon) or seems like it's part of some publicity campaign (Ariel Pink). They haven't wrecked anyone's career with some stupid opinion piece.

For the record, I read p4k, because it's a good way to keep up with big name indie and pop music, and occasionally they run good articles on niche stuff and artist retrospectives, etc.
>>
File: 82d.jpg (101 KB, 584x649) Image search: [Google]
82d.jpg
101 KB, 584x649
>music journalism
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.