[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm waiting for my man what did he mean by this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: lured.jpg (55 KB, 575x604) Image search: [Google]
lured.jpg
55 KB, 575x604
>I'm waiting for my man

what did he mean by this is he gay or something haha
>>
>>60569745
Yes, apparently he likes Mexicans
>>
>>60569745
I think it's about drugs ha ha
>>
>>60569745
he actually says
>I'm waiting for my ham
it's actually a christmas song
>>
>>60569822
Christmas when?
>>
File: lou.jpg (15 KB, 356x237) Image search: [Google]
lou.jpg
15 KB, 356x237
what's your favorite TVU song ? Mine's I'm set free desu
>>
File: tumblr_n2w1fxGqxQ1qbknh9o1_1280.jpg (536 KB, 1280x1913) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2w1fxGqxQ1qbknh9o1_1280.jpg
536 KB, 1280x1913
nothing gay here, move along
>>
>>60569886
a month and two days
>>
>>60569937
probably Hard to Explain or Reptilia
>>
>>60569745
he is waiting for his drug dealer
>>
lou is renowned for his big juicy cock cravings if u didn't know
>>
Having learned to play the guitar from the radio, he developed an early interest in rock and roll and rhythm and blues, and during high school played in several bands.[15] Reed began experimenting with drugs at the age of 16.[14] His first recording was as a member of a doo wop-style group called the Jades. His love for playing music and his desire to play gigs brought him into confrontation with his anxious and unaccommodating parents.[14] His sister recalled that, during his first year in college, he was brought home one day in an unresponsive state, supposedly due to a mental breakdown, after which he remained "depressed, anxious, and socially unresponsive" for a time, and that his parents were having great difficulty coping with the situation. Visiting a psychologist, Reed's parents were made to feel guilty as inadequate parents, and consented to electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).[14] Reed appeared to blame his father principally for what he had been subjected to.[14] He wrote about the experience in his 1974 song, "Kill Your Sons".[16][17] In an interview, Reed said of the experience:

"They put the thing down your throat so you don't swallow your tongue, and they put electrodes on your head. That's what was recommended in Rockland State Hospital to discourage homosexual feelings. The effect is that you lose your memory and become a vegetable. You can't read a book because you get to page 17 and have to go right back to page one again."

—Lou Reed quoted in Please Kill Me (1996)
>>
i'd answer your question but i'm too busy sucking on this ding dong

>>60569937
Sister Ray or European Son
>>
>>60569745
He's in a black neighborhood waiting for his heroin dealer. He's asking the locals not to fuck with him because he needs a fix. man.
>>
>I'm waiting for my man
>Twenty-six dollars in my hand
>Up to Lexington, 125
>Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive
>I'm waiting for my man

>Hey white boy, what you doing uptown?
>Hey, white boy, you chasing our women around?
>Oh pardon me sir, it's the furthest from my mind
>I'm just looking for a dear, dear friend of mine
>I'm waiting for my man
isn't it obvious?
he's buying a male prostitute in a society that discourages being gay

in all seriousness though, it's interesting to note how often descriptions of h and sex are conflated/linked
>>
>all these posts suggesting it's an admission of homosexuality

Don't force your insecurities on another person's song, this is clearly about drugs.

If reed were to describe homosexual acts he'd make it a little more obvious, which I'm sure he may have done.
But not in this song.
>>
>>60570946
I think it could still be about drugs
>>
>>60570881
>He's asking the locals not to fuck with him because he needs a fix

Based. Telling those nig-nogs to leave him alone when other Whiteys will get BTFO'd
>>
>>60569822
>jew
>christmas
>>
>>60571116
it's a meme you dip
he did had a trans gf tho
>>
>>60571133
I'm Muslim and I celebrate christmas, without the praying and church thing. Just presents and good food desu senpai
>>
>>60571148
have*
>>
>>60571121
It is, anon up there was joking. Did you not read the last part of his post?
>>
>cos it makes me feel like I'm a man, when I put a spike into my brain
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: John_Cale.jpg (29 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
John_Cale.jpg
29 KB, 325x400
>I LOVE WOMEN, I THINK THEY'RE GREAT
>>
the meme gets deeper when you realize he actually was bi
>>
>>60569937
After Hours. it's also the greatest song ever written.
>>
>>60571273
dumb trip
>>
>>60571307
dumb anon
>>
>Doctor is coming the nurse thinks
>SWEETLY
>Turning on the machines that
>NEATLY
>pump air

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>60571313
Tied with the ghost of Jean for worst trip on /mu/.
>>
>>60571508
I would say Avant-Math is worse than Jean
>>
>>60571234
kek. worst song on blue mask tbqph.
>>
>>60571539
Not worse than Lauren(Not Mayberry) though.
>>
>>60571783
yeah
most of the trips are still pretty bad
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.