[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>*u-hu u-hu intensifies*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>*u-hu u-hu intensifies*
>>
>EH REH!
>>
>>60569595
EH REH
>>
ARRARRAGHHGHGRRRAGGHHGGRRRRGHRGHGHRRGH

ree-ree ooh eh~
ree-ree ooh eh~
>>
>it's a /v/eddit thread
>>
>>60569657
Is music
>>
>playing children's entertainment

Seriously gamers are the cringest bunch out there.
>>
OOH DA DOOOOOE
>>
>*wolfos howl*
>>
>>60569675
Pretty sure most people who post about Ocarina of Time in 2015 do it out of nostalgia.
>>
File: 1431280779486.jpg (375 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431280779486.jpg
375 KB, 500x500
>>60569709

mostly. it's still fun though
>>
>>60569675
I still kinda want to build a pc for gaymen but I know I'll just benchmark the games and never play them
>>
>>60569675
Pretty sure the average age of a Nintendo fan is around 19.
>>
The old fire temple music with the chants though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYR__DEj8M0
>>
>>60569709
I played through it for the first time last month. It... was... incredible.
>>
EH

EH REH

i miss that video. It appears to be removed from youtube last i checked
>>
>>60569675
Well it was released in 1998 so you're clearly underaged if you didn't play this.
>>
Did I do good /mu/?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s19Hzi88UuNf
>>
>>60569675
It's funny because you outed yourself as a kid for not getting this.
>>
>>60569791
did you play the 3DS or N64 version? They're similar but they have some small differences. I heard they dumbed down the water temple a bit; I can't remember what else I heard changed
>>
>>60569845
>not Song of Storms

also use more treble
>>
File: MT-RS2.jpg (222 KB, 1194x796) Image search: [Google]
MT-RS2.jpg
222 KB, 1194x796
>>60569878
but what if anon is meghan trainor
>>
>>60569878
It's just a shitty Dell mic.

This is from memory so I'm not sure how right it is.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0eBoAqjQ0xR
>>
File: 1443538341889.jpg (75 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443538341889.jpg
75 KB, 320x240
>>60569748
Not really, it was the fucking shit back in the day, but it hasn't aged very well. Primary problem is lots of padding to make the game longer, you explore the same world twice with very little changes, have to go fetch shit left and right for plot progression, everything's slow as shit and there's a shitton of collectibles that does nearly fuckall if you take your time to gather everything. Most glaring problems are that battles so fucking easy you can play in your sleep without dying and puzzles are literally just push this block and shoot that eyeswitch.
>>
>>60569928
kek'd at the western-y vibe you gave it
>>
>>60569845
>not EH REH EH REH
I'm disappointed
>>
>>60569971
I like replaying Majora's Mask a bit more because I like collecting the masks
>>
>>60569971
Egoraptor dicksucker plz go.
>>
>>60569675

>all games are for kids
>not knowing that this game came out when most of the users here were kids
>being a beatdown worthy little faggot

I don't even play games that often and I would beat you until your piss yourself.
>>
File: GROOSE.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GROOSE.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>temple of time
>triforce and master sword stash
>fire temple
>some kind of prison inside a blazing volcano to house volvagia
>water temple
>seemingly some kind of magic facility to control water levels in lake hylia
>shadow temple
>burial crypt haunted by the dead
>spirit temple
>actual temple for praising gerudo goddess

What the fuck was the Forest Temple? Some old fortress dealing with the occult? I like to imagine the Poe Sisters had druid rituals to summon evil shit back when they were alive.
>>
>>60570093
do you have a license for all these edges?
>>
>>60570004
wat

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sZGtXuEmAH

>>60569675
I don't even have a console or PC games but I hope you get raped by wolves out in the cold.
>>
File: 1444690363156.jpg (9 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
1444690363156.jpg
9 KB, 262x192
>>60570069
>implying arin handsome invented ocarina of time critique
How fucking new are you, m8?
>>
>>60570049
At least that gives you a good reward unlike Ocarina of Time where you've got like, Skulltala's, which gives you fucking rupees when rupees become pointless around halfway through the game.
>>
>>60570174
I always feel like it was an abandoned mansion
>>
>>60570174
I think it was a castle that became haunted and then the evil spread throughout the forest
>>
File: bamsegif13.gif (1 MB, 486x353) Image search: [Google]
bamsegif13.gif
1 MB, 486x353
>>60570227
Who made it, though? All other temples are clearly linked to a local race, but the Forest Temple seems way too advanced for Kokiri's, Skullkid's or Deku's to build, they live in fucking tree stumps. It's also located inside a forest that's infamous for making people lost and dead. What's sacred about the Sacred Forest Meadow? What's the deal with the twisted corridor? Why is a phantom of Ganondorf the cause of evil when the place obviously got fucked before his rule?
>>
>>60570347
maybe it was where the goddesses who created hyrule lived there
>>
>>60570347
I'm pretty sure that all the temples were made by the goddesses in some capacity.
>>
>>60570378
>implying gods live in a fucking house
It says in the story the Deku Tree tells you that they returned to the heavens after creating Hyrule.
>>
>>60570401
Doubt it, the Forest Temple and Shadow Temple seem way too unholy for that.
>>
>>60570347
I looked into this since I thought it was an interesting thought. On the Zelda wiki, it acknowledges that while the other temples have some clear link (not pun intended) to some major theme or race, the Forest Temple does not have such a clear connection.

There were a couple interesting theories, though. One is that the Temple is really a mansion owned by some rich family in the past but something happened which entrapped their spirits, and those spirits are the poe sisters.

It also seems evident that the Forest Temple wasn't inherently evil: it houses plants and animals - some naturally more violent in nature than others - and it was due to Ganon's corruption that it became the home to strong evil spirits. So in that way, it's still unique when compared to the other temples.

I dunno, I'm kind of tired. I hope some of that made sense. But to answer your question and based on what little I did look into, the canon explanation appears to be that there is no clear-cut theme that addresses what you're asking. I think.
>>
>>60570651
There is some other theory about it being a Hylian stronghold during the great war that happened pre-Ocarina of Time. Basically it got ravaged and deserted, and that's why it's run down and overgrown by the forest. This theory is supported by Links mother bringing him to the forest for whatever reason, either she headed for the fortress for protection, or escaped it during the attack.
>>
>>60570174
Apparently it was originally a template for Hyrule Castle (hence the 4 poes for different medallions).
Shadow temple was originally meant to be the wind temple and the well was the original shadow temple or something.

I think the story now though is that it is an old hyrule castle or something.. and that the twilight princess forest temple is actually the OOC hyrule castle (hence temple of time being so closeby)

That forest temple music was the best... literally replayed that so many times as a kid just for the music. Never has the music suited the setting so well in a video game. It was perfect.
>>
>>60569675
Seriously please fuck off with that kind of mentality.
>>
>>60570799
OOT hyrule castle*

woops
>>
>>60570750
I really like this theory. I don't know much about the great war - did Ganon fight in that war?

>>60570799
>>60570859
Legend of MC Zelda - OOC: Ocarina of Crime
>>
>>60570888
Straight Outta Hyrule
>>
>>60570888
There's like no information about it in the game apart from that it happened when Link was a baby, and his mother escaped it into the Kokiri Forest.
>>
>>60570049

i like replaying majora's mask because it hits me with depressing feels (mainly because of the graphics and music, although some of the dialog is sad too)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.