[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to connect a XLR cable to itself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
^^^
>>
It will explode.
>>
Who knows?
>>
>>60561205
It's a serious question lol. My girlfriend said it is bad but i did it anyways since i can't see any non-retarded reason it is. And now she blames me for the looping in her microphone when she uses it with this cable.
>>
>>60561299
That's literally the most idiotic thing I've ever seen posted on this board. Jesus H tittyfucking Christ. There's no fucking signal being carried through it, it makes no difference whatsoever, except that it unnecessarily wears the contact pins out, I guess.
>>
Yes. It will feedback ambient cable noise into itself and eventually overheat, at the very least increasing wear and at the most becoming a fire hazard. Unbalanced tend to be a little better but still not worth the risk.
>>
File: ouroboros-1.jpg (33 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros-1.jpg
33 KB, 360x360
the cabel might uraburas itself :s
>>
Yes, it will release mustard gas and you will die.
>>
>>60561205
RIP in peace OP
>>
>>60561205
>>60562367
>>60562615
>>60562653
>>60562873
>>60561240

ebig :D

OP, nothing will happen. use google next time and remember that this board has been overtaken by /b/
>>
>>60563131
no

>>60562367
this actually makes sense and isn't retarded.

You have to realize that a cable is basically a giant antenna. There's all kinds of radiation (radiowaves, signals whatever) in the air that gets picked up by the cable. This is why professional studios often have to go out of their way to keep that stuff from causing interference.

You probably won't notice anything, but it's objectively not a good idea to do. It's kind of like when you unplug a guitar from an amp while the amp is turned on. It's not good but 9 times out of ten nothing breaks.

also

>gf
normie reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
/b/ has really taken over. just evaluate this entire post if you dont believe me op.

>>60564039
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.