[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I had to choose between The Pet Sounds Sessions and The SMiLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1445554967612.png (1 MB, 936x913) Image search: [Google]
1445554967612.png
1 MB, 936x913
If I had to choose between The Pet Sounds Sessions and The SMiLE Sessions, which provides more bang for my buck?
>>
Pet sounds sessions
>>
>>60553385
Why?

It's a difficult choice and I need some reasons.
>>
>>60553366
>more bang for my buck

Unless you're buying vinyl for your hipster cred, just pirate them faggot
>>
>>60553517
I'd prefer a physical copy

It's more of a hypothetical question regardless
>>
Pet Sounds Sessions. It's like $40 and you get the stereo/mono mixes, the backing tracks, the a cappella tracks, and bonus/alternate tracks.

2 disc Smile Sessions is ideal. Just go listen to the whole box set on Spotify if you really want to. It has a whole disc of just Good Vibrations.... I mean jeez. It's great for studying and constructing your own Smile mixes but I think Pet Sounds Sessions is more interesting.
>>
>>60553566
I like SMiLE more, but the PSS seems more like something I'd actually listen to for pleasure, so I'll probably buy it and then maybe the 2 disc set for SMiLE
>>
>>60553619
I do enjoy Smile more, but Pet Sounds is such a work of perfection that it really requires you to listen to the sessions to fully appreciate its brilliance.
>>
>>60553678
Yep, you need to listen to Pet Sounds in both instrumental only and vocal only to truly experience it
>>
SMiLE sessions
SMiLE is not even complete but it beats 99% of music.
>>
It's worth listening through the Smile Sessions box set at least once. It's amazing how many different versions Brian composed for each song, and they all sound great. Also the clips of Brian directing the musicians show how with it and confident he was, which makes his decline a bit sadder.
>>
I WANT TO CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYE
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.