[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /mu/ think of dan deacon ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Download.jpg (17 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
17 KB, 272x185
So what does /mu/ think of dan deacon ?
>>
Don't like much of his work post-SotR
>>
>>60546089
really ? i love bromst
>>
>>60546173
Eh it was ok but long winded and annoying at times
>>
>>60546057

Brilliant creative mind. Bromst and America are staggering. Awkward fucking dick of a spaz live. He was so rude to the patrons at the show I was at, I had to leave.
>>
>>60546233
What did he do ?
>>
>>60546287

It was at "the church" in Philly, more specifically, the basement, which is really small. As I guess was his practice, he decided to abandon the stage to perform amongst the crowd.

So his fatass is running around willy nilly, in a tiny packed basement where space is at a premium, likely brushing against people. He stops the music "Ok. Don't touch me. Ok? Don't touch me!" He warns the crowd in a tone that sounded bratty and autistic. Uh, ok. Continues. Running around, bumping into people who have nowhere to move. Couple minutes later. "STOP THE MUSIC!" "OK, I asked you nicely, it's a simple concept. So here's what we're gonna do. Ok. Now everyone standing where you are right now, stop. Now. I want everyone to take two *big steps* back, ok? Now two *big steps* back, think you got that? Think you can handle that? It's really simple. Now. ONE. Ok Good. and Twoooo. Ok. Now. DONT TOUCH ME."

I got really heated at having paid to be berated by this fat, sweaty autist who chose to bump into people and then lecture us all about it like children. Decided to just leave rather than deal with any more.
>>
>>60546578
based deacon shepherding the heathen masses
>>
He's touring with Miley Cyrus and the Lips, apparently.

Make of that what you will
>>
>>60546057
When I read his name, I think Dandy Ken.
>>
>>60546057
Fantastic live show. Not music for everday day. Bromst is his best, although America I-IV is great too.
>>
>>60546057
I think America is my fav of his.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eMb_kh_glw
this performance is fucking beautiful
>>
>>60546578
I posted >>60547395 without reading your post.

I've seen him live four times and didn't have this experience. That sounds so awkward, and I would have been real uncomfortable with it too. He always plays down amongst the audience and it gets pretty crowded but I guess people don't usually lay hands on him when that happens? His kids-dance-party everyone high-fiving everybody else thing definitely gets really close-contact, but I guess I can understand him being freaked out by people actually trying to touch him deliberately. Or perhaps he was having a bad time that night. Sucks dude.
>>
>>60546057
his music is p cool but his videos are lame
>>
fucking love Spiderman of the Rings
new one was great too
>>
>>60546578
I saw Dan Deacon at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
Nothing special.
>>
>>60547951
>implying this isn't one of the greatest videos of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxm5cUy3V_Y

PS his stuff with Jimmy Joe Roche is really cool, too.

Also
>not liking Drinking Out of Cups
>>
>>60547951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N01aTvi7ef4
this ones is cool too imo
>>
>>60546578
girl singers go into the crowd knowing they're gonna get ass-grabbed and fingered. dan deacon can't go into the crowd with his moobs and not think the fans are gonna want to get a feel.
>>
>>60546057
i haven't listened to a ton of him. gliss riffer is one of my aotysf, better than bromst imo.

>>60548030
>tfw electrical infetterence
>>
i've seen him probably 6 times since 2007 and it was always a super rad fun time whether it was in a tiny packed bedroom or huge exhibition hall during a festival
>>
He's one of my favorite artists. I fucking love him. I honestly have never heard anything quite like him, he's so talented and he seems so cool in interviews and stuff. I'd love to meet him someday.

SotR>Bromst>Gliss Riffer>America>SHVEH
>>
>>60546057
Nice beard
>>
>>60549874
You think Gliss Riffer is better than America? You should explain that one.
>>
>>60547951
The 20 minute video he did for [adult swim] is absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>60547904

Yeah, I chalk it up to a bad day/mood, still a fan. America is one of the most audacious, moving pieces of music of the past decade or so.
>>
>>60549905
I fucking loved GR. America I wasn't to crazy about. Nothing more to it really
>>
>>60546057
I really liked America and Glass Riffer, I think he's great. i've never watched any interviews with him tho but I've heard hes great live
>>
>>60549913

agreed

https://youtu.be/9X4fYP9bqqw
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.